Game Update 4.0.3
December Event Schedule! There is a whole host of events going on in the galaxy this December! All events start and end at 4AM PST (12PM GMT):
- Dec 8 – Dec 15: Relics of the Gree
- Dec 8 – Jan 5: Star Wars™: The Old Republic 4th Anniversary
- Dec 15 – Dec 22: The Rakghoul Plague
- Dec 15 – Jan 5: Life Day
- Dec 18 – Jan 1: Double XP Event
- Dec 22 – Dec 29: Bounty Contract Week
- It is no longer possible to cause the Character Select UI to disappear while deleting characters.
- Guild Set Rank and the Guild Set Rank Description now reopen if you use the X button to close either dialog.
- The Odessen Heroic Mission Boards no longer cause errors when quickly picking up new Missions.
- Fixed an issue that caused Alacrity to affect Companion summoning speed and Transport activation times.
- Khem Val no longer invites his friends to hang out at Sith Inquisitor Strongholds, and many Companions have considerably reduced their nudist tendencies within Strongholds.
- Players who have completed Chapter I of Knights of the Fallen Empire now have access to Darth Marr as a Stronghold Decoration.
- Fixed an issue where players lost access to HK-55’s Decoration following Chapter VIII.
- Placed HK-55 Decorations now properly display a holographic version when HK-55 is summoned.
- Addressed an issue where Achievements for defeating EPHEMERIS units had no description.
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from receiving credit for kills towards the “Kill it with Fire” Achievement.
- The “Seeking Out Prey” Achievement has been updated to include the Massassi Blood Battler.
- Fixed multiple instances of disappearing environments.
- Fixed multiple instances of gaps appearing in the environment.
- Ziost Cantina Areas now have appropriate music.
- Black Sun Territory on Coruscant now have more music to match the pacing of the area.
- Yavin Stronghold doors no longer glow on mouse over.
- The Yavin Stronghold Entrance Starship Hook now has additional Hook options.
- Zakuul and Odessen no longer appear on the Galaxy Map until players are on or have completed Chapter IX.
- Fixed geography on Odessen that allowed access to unintended areas.
- Fixed geography in Chapter III that allowed access to unintended areas.
- Fixed the Sith Recluse Lower Body Armor name in German.
- The Adno A-R6 no longer unlocks the Adno Firewasp Decoration.
- Fixed an issue where several Companion Customizations could not be sold on the Galactic Trade Network.
- Unbound Loot Boxes can once again be placed in Legacy Cargo Holds.
Classes + Combat
- Utility Points no longer reset after committing them and closing the Combat Proficiencies window.
- Warding Power now additionally increases Guardian Slash’s critical chance by 20% and increases the damage dealt by Warding Strike by 30% (up from 15%).
- Beacon of Might now additionally increases the damage dealt by Blade Dance by 30%.
- The damage dealt by Clashing Blast has been reduced.
- Saber Storm now increases the critical strike damage bonus of Blade Rush and Clashing Blast by 15% (up from 10%)
- The damage dealt by Force Melt has been reduced.
- Consuming Power now additionally increases Crushing Blow’s critical chance by 20% and increases the damage dealt by Aegis Assault by 30% (up from 15%).
- Pillar of Strength now additionally increases the damage dealt by Ravage by 30%.
- The damage dealt by Devastating Blast has been reduced.
- Sever now increases the critical strike damage bonus of Massacre and Devastating Blast by 15% (up from 10%)
- The damage dealt by Force Rend has been reduced.
- Double Strike now consumes 20 Force (down from 25). Damage dealt has been reduced with respect to the cost reduction.
- Whirling Blow and Spinning Strike now consume 20 Force (down from 25). Damage dealt has been reduced with respect to the cost reductions.
- Applied Force no longer reduces the Force consumed by Double Strike, Whirling Blow, Clairvoyant Strike, and Serenity Strike.
- Mind Quell now increases the damage dealt by Mind Crush and Vanquish by 15% (down from 20%).
- Deep Impact now increases the critical strike damage dealt by Shadow Technique’s Force Breach effect and Psychokinetic Blast by 10% (down from 30%).
- The damage dealt by Psychokinetic Blast has been reduced.
- Clairvoyant Strike now consumes 20 Force (down from 25). Damage dealt has been reduced with respect to the cost reduction.
- Force Break now increases the damage dealt by Combat Technique’s Force Breach and Slow Time by 30% (down from 50%).
- Updated the tooltip of Force Gust to properly reflect that it only affects the activation time of Mind Crush.
- Thrash now consumes 20 Force (down from 25). Damage dealt has been reduced with respect to the cost reduction.
- Dreadful Nightmares now increases the damage dealt by Crushing Darkness and Demolish by 15% (down from 20%).
- Crackling Blasts now increase the critical strike damage dealt by Surging Charge’s Discharge effect and Ball Lightning by 10% (down from 30%).
- The damage dealt by Ball Lightning has been reduced.
- Voltaic Slash now consumes 20 Force (down from 25). Damage dealt has been reduced with respect to the cost reduction.
- Mounting Darkness now increases the damage dealt by Dark Charge’s Discharge and Wither by 30% (down from 50%).
- The damage dealt by Firestorm has been reduced.
- Prototype Weapon Systems now increases the critical strike damage bonus of Rocket Punch, Rail Shot, Magnetic Blast, Retractable Blade, Thermal Detonator, and Energy Burst by 10% (down from 30%). All additional effects remain unchanged.
- Imperial Assassin now increases the critical damage dealt by Ambush, Penetrating Blasts, Followthrough, Snipe, and Takedown by 10% (down from 30%).
- The damage dealt by Penetrating Blasts has been reduced.
- Experimental Explosions now increases the critical damage dealt by Explosive Probe, Interrogation Probe, EMP Discharge, and all area effects by 10% (down from 30%).
- Explosive Engineering now increases the damage dealt by Explosive Probe, Cluster Bombs, Fragmentation Grenade, Plasma Probe, and Orbital Strike by 10% (down from 15%).
- Field Command now increases the critical chance of your area attacks by 10% (down from 15%)
- Series of Shots no longer benefits from the effects of Hew. All additional effects remain unchanged.
- Corrosive Assault no longer benefits from the effects of Cut Down.
- The damage dealt by Ion Storm has been reduced.
- Havoc Training now increases the critical strike damage bonus of Stockstrike, High Impact Bolt, Tactical Surge, Gut, Assault Plastique, and Cell Burst by 10% (down from 30%). All additional effects remain unchanged.
- Deadeye now increases the critical damage dealt by Aimed Shot, Penetrating Rounds, Trickshot, Charged Burst, and Quickdraw by 10% (down from 30%).
- The damage dealt by Penetrating Rounds has been reduced.
- Arsonist now increases the critical damage dealt by Sabotage Charge, Shock Charge, Sabotage, and all area effects by 10% (down from 30%).
- Independent Anarchy now increases the damage dealt by Sabotage Charge, Contingency Charges, Thermal Grenade, Incendiary Grenade, and XS Freighter Flyby by 10% (down from 15%).
- Conflagration now increases the critical chance of your area attacks by 10% (down from 15%).
- Speed Shot no longer benefits from the effects of Cheap Shots. All additional effects remain unchanged.
- Brutal Shots no longer benefits from the effects of Cheap Shots.
Flashpoints + Operations
- Addressed an issue where Solo Mode Missions for numerous Flashpoints were not syncing properly with the Player’s level.
- Malfunctioning Interrogation Droids in Solo Mode Korriban Incursion are now the appropriate level.
- Lowered the damage of Darth Severous and Commander Jensyn’s Dual Saber Throw in Hard Mode Korriban Incursion.
- Players are now synced to Level 11 instead of Level 10 in The Black Talon and The Esseles.
- Ortuno in Hard Mode Depths of Manaan now properly applies the “Water Field” debuff.
- Bonethrasher now properly gets increased damage from the Well Fed buff in Karagga’s Palace.
- Putrid Shaclaw’s Toxic Spit ability now deals less damage during its encounter in Hard Mode Lost Island.
- Kyramla Gemas’rugam and the Mandalorian Hunter adds in Blood Hunt have had their health reduced.
- Mentor in Solo Mode Directive 7 now has an appropriate health value.
- Increased the health of SV-3 Eradicator in Tactical Mode Red Reaper to be more in line with the rest of the Flashpoint.
- The final bunker defender in all Star Fortress Shield Bunkers has been increased in difficulty.
- Players no longer see two shuttles spawned on top of each other at the start of Korriban Incursion.
Items + Economy
- Fixed an issue where equipment wouldn’t suffer durability loss.
- All Event-related Decoration are now Bind on Pickup.
- The following Start @ 60 weapons have had their stats and names corrected:
- Veteran Duelist’s Saberstaff is now Veteran Force-Lord’s Saberstaff for DPS Assassins/Shadows
- Veteran Force-Lord’s Saberstaff is now Veteran Duelist Saberstaff for Tank Assassins/Shadows.
- Veteran Bulwark’s Lightsaber is now Veteran Pummeler’s Lightsaber for DPS Juggernauts/Guardians.
- Veteran Pummeler’s Lightsaber is now Veteran Bulwark’s Lightsaber for Tank Juggernauts/Guardians.
- Veteran Demolisher’s Blaster Rifle is now Veteran Targeter’s Blaster Rifle for DPS Operatives.
- Veteran Boltblaster’s Blaster Pistol is now Veteran Med-Tech’s Blaster Pistol for Healing Mercenaries.
- Veteran Boltblaster’s Blaster Pistol is now Veteran Demolisher’s Blaster Rifle for Tank Powertechs.
- The following stimpaks will now persist through death correctly:
- Advanced Battle Versatile Stim
- Advanced Field Tech Versatile Stim
- Advanced Bio-Enhanced Versatile Stim
- Advanced Experimental Versatile Stim
- Advanced Hyper-Battle Versatile Stim
- Advanced Exotech Versatile Stim
- Advanced Nano-Infused Versatile Stim
- The Enslaved Underwalker Decoration, The Statue of the Burning Skull Decoration, and The Dreadful Altar Decoration no longer drop from Dread Palace, and now drop in the Dread Fortress.
- Dread Palace loot has been redistributed:
- 8-Player Hard Mode Dread Master Council now drops a Chest Piece token.
- 16-Player Story Mode and 16-Player Hard Mode Dread Master Bestia now drops a bracers token
- 16-Player Story Mode Dread Master Calphayus now drops a Head Piece slot.
- Dread Master Calphayus now drops gear of the correct Item Level.
- Common Data Crystal Drops in Tactical Flashpoints have been reduced:
- First Boss now drops 2 Crystals.
- Second Boss now drops 2 Crystals.
- Final Boss now drops 4 Crystals.
- Bonus Bosses now drop 4 Crystals.
- Fixed an issue where classes were being awarded loot they could not use in Tactical Flashpoints.
- Droids and Creatures in Star Fortresses now only require 450 Skill to harvest for materials.
- Grade 6 Archaeology Nodes no longer appear on Makeb, and have been replaced with Grade 7 Archaeology Nodes.
- Fixed typos in the names of the Zakuulan Shield and Staff Weapon Display and Rack Decorations.
- The following items no longer require Artifact Authorization:
- Trainee's Body Armor
- Trainee's Boots
- Trainee's Bracers
- Trainee's Leggings
- Trainee's Gauntlets
- Trainee's Helmet
- Initiate's Offhand Saber
- Scout's Vibroknife
- Trainee's Offhand Blaster
- Scout's Shotgun
- Trainee's Belt
- Trainee's Generator
- Trainee's Shield
- The Ice Scrabbler Jerky Schematic now only drops on Hoth or Ilum, and its drop rate has been reduced.
- It is no longer possible to purchase a stack of items and resell individual items for the price of the entire stack.
Missions + NPCs
- All Class Missions that occur between planets have had their Item rewards updated.
- Addressed an issue that caused the Makeb Weeklies to not progress the Basic Gear Mission. This fix will reset “Basic Gear” Missions.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Ziost storyline to not progress following the Mission “Monolithic.”
- Fixed an issue that caused the Imperial Agent Mission “The Cult of Ki Sazen” to not complete after speaking to Lokin.
- Treek’s healing ability Fektur Sling has had its healing values corrected, leading to a more balanced healing amount.
- Text and proper lip synch are now present in the Lt. Pierce Recruitment Mission.
- Names for Black Sun gang members near the Nar Shaddaa Star Fortress Bunker now appear in French and German clients.
- An NPC in Chapter VII is now properly referred to as a Nautolan.
- Fixed Mission prerequisites for several Bounty Hunter companion conversations.
- Imperial Agents now get appropriate Mission rewards for the Mission “Dark Meeting.”
- The Balmorra Mission “Secret of Cave 52” now offers Powertechs tanking items.
- The following Missions on Ilum now have appropriate rewards: Operation Shatterstorm, Tightened Grip, Jam the Transmissions, A Fair Fight.
- Sith Warriors are now offered a tank shield reward on the Mission “The Transporter.”
- Tank classes are now offered tanking relics from the Mission “Shelter from the Storm” on Makeb.
- Addressed an issue where the Bounty Hunting Event Missions were not scaling properly to the Player’s level.
- It is no longer possible to leave The Founder via the Escape Pod during the Bounty Hunter Missions “Number One with A Bullet” and “Some People Just Need Killing.”
- Resolved an issue where a player could get stuck during Chapter VII if they logged out on a specific Mission step.
- The Sith Inquisitor Mission “Testing” now properly displays a Story Mission Icon and purple text.
- Arcann’s Lightning Storm ability is now resisted by Force Barrier.
- HK-51 and the Probe Droid now have healing and damage values in their ability tooltips.
- Players starting the Shadow of Revan Mission chain on their ship now see their companions react more specifically to their relationship status.
- Long Mission Terminal names are no longer cut off in French and German.
- Missing subtitles throughout the Knights of the Fallen Empire chapters are now present in French and German.
- Completing Hard Mode Red Reaper now correctly rewards points for relevant Conquest Objectives.
- Companions in the Tank role no longer interrupt NPC and Player-channeled abilities.
- All PvP and Starfighter Daily and Weekly Missions now grant experience based on Character Level.
- The following Directive 7 Missions now have rewards for level 61-65 players:
- Immediate Vengeance
- Violent Uprising
- Now that every enemy in the galaxy knows not to do so, Treek has ceased repeatedly yelling “You underestimate me!”
- Plaguehorn, the Rakghoul-Infected Reek on Tatooine, now reduces player’s accuracy with each Roar.
- The number of Gormak Tech Masters required to complete the Bonus Mission “Cyber Takeover” as part of the “[Heroic 2+] Cyber Mercenaries” Mission has been reduced to 15 from 30.
- The Mission “[Heroic 2+] Search and Rescue” is now repeatable Weekly instead of Daily.
- The Alderaan Republic Mission “Red Handed” now rewards 5 Common Data Crystals.
- The following Flashpoints have been added to the Mission “[Weekly] Tactical Flashpoints.” This will cause the Mission to be reset:
- Taral V
- Boarding Party
- Maelstrom Prison
- The Foundry
- Directive 7
- The Battle of Ilum
- The False Emperor
- Kuat Drive Yards
- The Voss Heroic Weekly Mission is once again available. The turn in step has been removed, and now completes in the field. This change will reset Mission progress.
- The Alliance Mission “A Kindly Old Monster” now gives a more appropriate error message if players attempt to deploy a probe in the wrong location.
- The Tatooine Staged Bonus Missions “The Fall of the Sand People” now scales its level and rewards properly .
- The “Basic Gear” series of Missions now properly grant Common Data Crystals on completion.
- It’s no longer possible to obtain Veeroa Denz as a follower without completing the prerequisite Mission.
- It’s no longer possible to obtain Khem Val as a follower without completing the prerequisite Mission.
- It’s no longer possible to obtain Vette as a follower without completing the prerequisite Mission.
- It’s no longer possible to obtain Ashara Zavros as a follower without completing the prerequisite Mission.