Dev Tracker Summary: March 20th, 2012 – March 26th, 2012
Each week, we collect the most important developer responses from our Dev Tracker and put them together in this handy summary for your convenience! Let’s take a look at this week’s important developer posts – and don’t forget to check out our News section and Community Blog!
This past week was a busy one for SWTOR, with news of a second Weekend Pass Trial, a new blog about crafting and Crew Skills in Game Update 1.2, a new Q&A, a request for PVP feedback from James Ohlen, a brand new Developer Dispatch that shows off the Legacy system in Game Update 1.2, and a new set of Patch Notes for Game Update 1.2 on the Public Test Server.
Last week, Principal Lead Combat Designer Georg Zoeller spent a lot of time responding to threads and clarifying a couple of things. Highlights include:
- Clarification on Rakata gear stat changes in Game Update 1.2, the ability to crit on the creation of implants, the plan for color crystals, Warzone reward changes, medpac changes, the combat log parser, and healer changes.
- More information about reverse engineering & augment slots in Game Update 1.2
- Confirmation that white crystals will not be available in Game Update 1.2.
Systems Designer David Hunt went into the Public Test Server Forum to discuss:
- How armoring mods will work in Game Update 1.2.
- How daily commendations will work in the new daily area.
- Current Champion Gear and how it will be affected in Game Update 1.2.
Senior Game Designer William Wallace elaborated on how class buffs will work in Game Update 1.2.
Live Community Coordinator Amber Green informed players with copied characters on the Public Test Server that they had been granted 1 Legacy level and gave them instructions on how to see it on their characters.
Sr. Online Community Manager Stephen Reid responded to concerns about last Friday’s unscheduled maintenance and explained why it had to occur.
Sr. Community Coordinator Allison Berryman posted about the CS Droids that were available during this past weekend’s trial and left a comment about her own behavior in the thread “What’s the nicest thing you’ve done for another player”.
And that’s it! As usual, you can always find the most updated developer responses by checking out our Dev Tracker.