Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Whats the nicest thing youve done for another player

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Whats the nicest thing youve done for another player
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DarthMaulUK
03.21.2012 , 10:48 AM | #1
I have given someone 100k, helped with the usual class quests when some ask for help and even gave 500k to one lucky winner! Yes, 500k!

So it made me wonder what other acts of good will others have done.

Proksham
03.21.2012 , 10:49 AM | #2
Whenever I run into a disgruntled player, I try letting them know that I think their hair looks good.
Bigperm - Wizard
Empire
Srs customer service taken quite srsly
http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Cat...ter,14909.html

ZDProletariat
03.21.2012 , 10:50 AM | #3
Are you talking about guildies or non-guildies?
If guildies, supply crew missions at 10% of GTN price, giving 1mil for somebody, etc etc etc...

non-guildies? I once gave a guy some peppered bantha steak. Does that count?
"Do you find that normal nerve after the thug that two other classes as loud clap louder than see him before the nerve? The 5k is full of stuff I champion and master of combat. This game is the bag B ** E! Brave the nerve of thug developers not prevail in paradise." - Authentic SWTOR Forum Post

Tahana
03.21.2012 , 10:52 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Proksham View Post
Whenever I run into a disgruntled player, I try letting them know that I think their hair looks good.
I have been doing my dailies faithfully for quite some time. I am about 30 commendations short of my third rakata piece. I have also been waiting for dual spec, so I have been saving up the mods, enhancements for when that may happen so I can create a dps set.

Had a new guy run with us in a normal operation and he had some very low level mods etc in his gear. I gave him all of my mods, enhancements and armor (6 of everything) so he was better geared for the encounter. To sell this on the GTN I could easily get 80k a piece if not more.
May the Schwartz be with you
There is no glue, no pill, no tool that can fix stupid.

Dayln
03.21.2012 , 10:53 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthMaulUK View Post
I have given someone 100k, helped with the usual class quests when some ask for help and even gave 500k to one lucky winner! Yes, 500k!

So it made me wonder what other acts of good will others have done.
Family and friends donít count.

Nicest thing I have ever done for a random player?

Well, I have done quite a few flashpoints that I was way over level for and had zero need of myself ( just stood back and healed them occasionally so they could complete it ) for young characters.

Usually that kind of thing, I will join them for something they are having difficulty with, even though I gain nothing from it.
I have a bad feeling about this

spoonguy
03.21.2012 , 10:57 AM | #6
Erm, crafting replacement bits for a tank as we went through a Flashpoint, he was horribly under geared

DawnAskham
03.21.2012 , 10:58 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Dayln View Post
Family and friends donít count.

Nicest thing I have ever done for a random player?

Well, I have done quite a few flashpoints that I was way over level for and had zero need of myself ( just stood back and healed them occasionally so they could complete it ) for young characters.

Usually that kind of thing, I will join them for something they are having difficulty with, even though I gain nothing from it.
I've done this, as well as helped with class stories when I see someone asking for help. I've also given people I've met gear or mods, and occasionally credits. And I'm usually happy to share any knowledge I have on the game with newer players.

Mostly it depends if I'm busy or already grouped with others and on the attitude of the player looking for help.

I will say I give nothing to beggers or annoying spammers.

Scoobings
03.21.2012 , 11:00 AM | #8
When I was datacron hunting on my powertech, one time I grabbed a datacron in Taris that was on an overhang, and there was someone questing below so I asked him if he had the datacron. He said no, so I challenged him to a duel and then grappled him up to the datacron.
- Kaeljen, 50 Powertech - Mal'Shek, 50 Juggernaut
- Adien, 50 Assassin - Jest, 50 Sniper
- Kijaar, 15 Sentinel

ConradLionhart
03.21.2012 , 11:00 AM | #9
I help them with heroic missions even though I have already done them.

FooBard
03.21.2012 , 11:14 AM | #10
I gave someone a rez once.. but only after I watched them die, because they should have ran instead of standing their fighting 10 mobs.

Oh, and when you do something nice for someone else... you're not supposed to tell anyone... you're supposed to keep it a secret. That's what makes it special.