Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Take Part in our upcoming Weekend Pass

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Take Part in our upcoming Weekend Pass
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CourtneyWoods
03.20.2012 , 10:06 AM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Over the last weekend, people had the opportunity to take part in the Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Weekend Pass Free* Trial. The response was overwhelmingly successful, and we are incredibly grateful to everyone who took part. However, we also understand that not everyone has had the opportunity to play the game. To that end, we are excited to announce that individuals who did not take part in the first Weekend Pass Free Trial will have another opportunity to live out their very own Star Wars™ saga, for free, with the second Star Wars: The Old Republic Weekend Pass Free Trial! Participants in the previous Weekend Pass Free Trial and any other free trials are not eligible for this upcoming Weekend Pass Free Trial period.

Read More
Courtney Woods | Lead Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

GamewizX
03.20.2012 , 10:13 AM | #2
I'd recommend my friends to this... but they all play TOR already.
The Shadowlands -Ξ▒▓██ The Gamewiz Legacy ██▓▒Ξ- The Shadowlands
www.oldrepublicdads.com | Proud member of -=ORD=- | www.oldrepublicdads.com
Aaliyah - 50 Sage (TK) | Corthin - 50 Sentinel (CB) | Hartman - 35 Commando (GN)

gnetikjakhammer
03.20.2012 , 11:43 AM | #3
joke! freeloaders get a free experience to try out swtor without having to pay a penny. When did subscribers EVER get a deal that good? Not even deluxe editions were worth the extra 20 bucks, now this game is being given out for FREE???

Oh and what do subscribers get in return? Oh we're gonna push back that patch a few more weeks and make you renew your sub if you want to experience the new updates.

Couldn't be more of a slap in the face to active subscribers.

Beachcomberb
03.20.2012 , 12:46 PM | #4
why do we pay for this game?

Seems Failoware are more interested in FREE players.

Duhakalock
03.20.2012 , 01:06 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by gnetikjakhammer View Post
joke! freeloaders get a free experience to try out swtor without having to pay a penny. When did subscribers EVER get a deal that good? Not even deluxe editions were worth the extra 20 bucks, now this game is being given out for FREE???

Oh and what do subscribers get in return? Oh we're gonna push back that patch a few more weeks and make you renew your sub if you want to experience the new updates.

Couldn't be more of a slap in the face to active subscribers.
they are letting people who were on the fence try it, they still have to buy it after lvl 10, or 4 days, or the first planet. OH MY GOD THEY GOT THE GAME FOR FREE, I WANT MY MONEY BACK!!!1!

StrykerOne
03.20.2012 , 01:29 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by gnetikjakhammer View Post
Most MMOs have free trials. And every subscriber who was in open beta got a better deal, since that lasted longer than the single weekend these people are getting...

KurleyKilla
03.20.2012 , 01:56 PM | #7
Really? They have to start paying once they get to lvl 10? or the first planet?

That takes like an hour....

People are gonna hate this game more after such a weak trial....

SereneAurora
03.20.2012 , 04:45 PM | #8
Honestly, you guys are shooting yourselves in the foot by not offering a true free trial. Limiting people to these specific weekends won't give you as much growth as you want. What about people who are otherwise interested, but work weekends?

You might want to take a lesson from Rift. Before launch they gave out beta keys like popcorn. Pretty much anyone who wanted to try the game could and got to play as much as they wanted in the weeks leading up to release. THAT is how you market an untried game. The people that like it will stay, the ones who don't won't.

I wasn't about to shell out $60 for a game that I had no idea if I would enjoy and couldn't resell if I hated. After playing this first trial weekend, I did purchase my retail copy. Give people the freedom to try it on their own terms and you might start to see the growth you want.

Edit: The free trial did not force us to pay upon reaching level 10. The limitations they gave are here: http://www.swtor.com/info/faq/game#q400211

Monsata
03.20.2012 , 09:55 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by GamewizX View Post
I'd recommend my friends to this... but they all play TOR already.
U seriously going to sit there and try to defend this game with a straight face? It's been out for 3 months and the population is dropping rapidly..they are already giving free trials...3 months into the game....the leveling process is ok, but how can anyone sit there and say that endgame is enjoyable, innovative, or acceptable ?

" All of your friends are playing already " ? You guys will probably be the last ones here when the servers get shut down. ALL of my friends have left, and I mean ALL of them. MY friends lists are always empty, my guild withered up and died, and keep in mind this is on populated servers like The swiftsure and canderous ordo.

I wanted this game to be a success so badly, and I tried to talk my friends into staying week after week, but I can't even fool myself anymore. I am not going to WoW or any other MMO, there will just be nothing but SP games for a while until the next " big thing" comes and goes.

Huge let down from BW on this one...a huge, expensive failure.

Serpenttt
03.21.2012 , 12:59 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Monsata View Post
U seriously going to sit there and try to defend this game with a straight face? It's been out for 3 months and the population is dropping rapidly..they are already giving free trials...3 months into the game....the leveling process is ok, but how can anyone sit there and say that endgame is enjoyable, innovative, or acceptable ?

" All of your friends are playing already " ? You guys will probably be the last ones here when the servers get shut down. ALL of my friends have left, and I mean ALL of them. MY friends lists are always empty, my guild withered up and died, and keep in mind this is on populated servers like The swiftsure and canderous ordo.

I wanted this game to be a success so badly, and I tried to talk my friends into staying week after week, but I can't even fool myself anymore. I am not going to WoW or any other MMO, there will just be nothing but SP games for a while until the next " big thing" comes and goes.

Huge let down from BW on this one...a huge, expensive failure.
If you're not enjoying yourself, why are you still here? I'm glad they're giving a weekend pass, now many of my TF2 community friends can give it a try. I just wish the dev would have picked steam over craptastic origin.
Serpentine | 50 Sentinel | Lord Adraas