Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Worries about daily quest zone after 1.2

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Worries about daily quest zone after 1.2
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Hologramx's Avatar


Hologramx
03.19.2012 , 02:46 AM | #1
Daily quest zones in Belsavis/Ilum is going to be ghost town, while Corellia is going to be crowded so much that you can hardly get one quest completed because there are likely to have 10 times player population then quest mobs population. If you only want us to do our dailies, this should be avoided.
My suggestion is, make it possible to exchange the current daily commendations to the new commendation in a specific rate, like 2:1 or 3:1, so it is still meaningful to stay at the less crowded zones in Belsavis/Ilum instead of everyone rushing into Corellia. You still have to options to do quests in both zones, which take more hours to accomplish, but you would have two places to go if you find Corelia is just full of people and quests undoable. Basically it is good to splits the dailies population into three areas.

Caelrie's Avatar


Caelrie
03.19.2012 , 02:55 AM | #2
Sharding prevents the overopulation, remember?

DeathDiciple's Avatar


DeathDiciple
03.19.2012 , 03:48 AM | #3
Sharding does only so much, but I don't have a 50 to know how quests look like. Are they mostly outdoors or instanced? There is another issue too, the pvp griefing that became quite popular on ilum heroic - which I'd really like adressed (not talking about pvp servers either, but whatever sort of 'new exploit' that gets you flagged even without aoe-ing in presence of pvp-flagged person)

Suzina's Avatar


Suzina
03.19.2012 , 04:10 AM | #4
The raids will be a ghost town too, I think. BlackHole comms and Campaign Comms are for the same gear, so everyone will just do dailys. No reason to raid even in the new raid.
Member of Bane Fleet

Freor's Avatar


Freor
03.19.2012 , 04:17 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Suzina View Post
The raids will be a ghost town too, I think. BlackHole comms and Campaign Comms are for the same gear, so everyone will just do dailys. No reason to raid even in the new raid.
If it takes a week or more of doing all the dailies every day to get a single piece, there's plenty of reason. Not to mention the raid itself will likely be more fun than dailies anyway (havent seen them, but doupt they can be that exiting). I'll likely do both. It's also very nice to be able to get that missing piece that never drops via dailies

tegororn's Avatar


tegororn
03.19.2012 , 04:38 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Suzina View Post
The raids will be a ghost town too, I think. BlackHole comms and Campaign Comms are for the same gear, so everyone will just do dailys. No reason to raid even in the new raid.
Guilds which are capable of doing them will continue to do so. Dailies wont affect this abit.

axelgrease's Avatar


axelgrease
03.19.2012 , 05:16 AM | #7
talking to a buddy he had to report that aoeing when neither him nor the imp was flagged and hitting mobs pvp flagged both of them so its not fixed by any means

DavidHunt's Avatar


DavidHunt
03.20.2012 , 12:58 PM | #8 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by Hologramx View Post
My suggestion is, make it possible to exchange the current daily commendations to the new commendation in a specific rate, like 2:1 or 3:1, so it is still meaningful to stay at the less crowded zones in Belsavis/Ilum instead of everyone rushing into Corellia.
The new daily area provides the same daily commendation currency as the existing daily areas. Currently, in the new area, Black Hole Commendations are only given out on a single weekly quest. If they're being seen on the daily quests themselves, that's a bug.

koitsalu's Avatar


koitsalu
03.27.2012 , 09:31 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by DavidHunt View Post
The new daily area provides the same daily commendation currency as the existing daily areas. Currently, in the new area, Black Hole Commendations are only given out on a single weekly quest. If they're being seen on the daily quests themselves, that's a bug.

Does this mean that you won't be able to buy Crysis earpiece and implants with dailies commendations?