Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Biochem 1.2 Nerf details inside

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Biochem 1.2 Nerf details inside
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

sohokerv
03.22.2012 , 03:23 PM | #31
check out the latest revision to TS patch notes under general :

"Medpacs can now only be used once per fight. When a medpac is used during combat, another cannot be used until after combat has ended."

so really biochem is now pointless
/FLAIL /LICK /FLAIL /FLAIL /LICK ... ohhh yeahhhh

Zorrion
03.22.2012 , 05:59 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by BlazingShadow View Post
Ice Scrabber Jerky...

I remember in SWG when spies got the crap nerfed out of them, and on top of that they had a change related specifically to crafting meat jerky... either prohibiting them or allowing them to craft meat jerky while under stealth.

Man. That's funny. Biochem has suffered the jerky nerf lol
I remember in SWG when there was no such thing as Spy...

Satisfied Customer-----------------------------|-------Cancelling Accounts
U1dHRW11ISEh
Zorrion - Patch 10 Jedi
:::: Kyndig - NGE CM/BM :::: Ahazi

DarthBloodloss
03.22.2012 , 06:03 PM | #33
Where does it say that you can no longer craft Implants with Augment slots?

Where does it even imply this? Does the post ever use the word "instead"? It doesn't say they will "instead" create an additional implant. It just says they create an additional implant. Where is the part about no longer having an Aug Slot?
Bloodloss Mercenary
DESTROYER OF WORLDS || KEEPER OF SOULS

daMarek
03.22.2012 , 06:27 PM | #34
Do you really think on a crit craft you will create two implants with augment slots?? I highly doubt it

LemmingLeader
03.22.2012 , 06:31 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Zorrion View Post
I remember in SWG when there was no such thing as Spy...
Amen, brother...

zachbuford
03.22.2012 , 06:36 PM | #36
the amount of QQ is quite amazing... biochem is by far the most overpowered crew skill in the game right now, for several reasons:

1-reusable stimpack: double the stats of a vendor's (yes they will be phased out but you will KEEP the rakata recipe, and that recipe will be very viable for a very long time)

2-reusable adrenals: same situation as above

3-very high quality BoE implants: they may no longer have augs but they will still sell great, if you don't have any good recipes then please raid more to get those recipes, i have 2 columi implants waiting for my scoundrel when he hits 50.

4-reusable medpacks: pretty much free health

5-sellable stims: by far the best PvE money maker in the game, i spend a good 100-200k buying stims from my biochem friends a week to stay on my A-game for operations

They are not screwing biochem, just simply balancing. In the current state of the game going biochem is the only viable option endgame, that is why they are phasing out (NOT REMOVING) the reusables.

daMarek
03.22.2012 , 07:01 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by zachbuford View Post
3-very high quality BoE implants: they may no longer have augs but they will still sell great, if you don't have any good recipes then please raid more to get those recipes, i have 2 columi implants waiting for my scoundrel when he hits 50.
I'm sure your implants are with augment slots, otherwise you wouldn't bother cause you can get rakata versions from dailies.

GeorgZoeller
03.22.2012 , 07:15 PM | #38 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
The blog is incorrect, my fault. We'll update it.

You will still be able to crit on the creation of implants.

Sorry for the confusion.

Fight
03.23.2012 , 05:06 AM | #39
Armstech has literally zero utility or way to earn revenue since launch, NOTHING at all. You're complaining because you will have to make stims and sell them on the GTN and not have reusable items for yourself?

Please, perspective.
Quote: Originally Posted by battlebug
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.
Sword in a box, never forget

exphryl
03.23.2012 , 06:58 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by zachbuford View Post

They are not screwing biochem, just simply balancing. In the current state of the game going biochem is the only viable option endgame, that is why they are phasing out (NOT REMOVING) the reusables.
My issue is, on top of everything else, they already stated they want to move away from resusuable items in professions.

It's really the last thing us BioChems have so it's just hit after hit after hit and when they make this change we'll have well, nothing...
E x p h r y l | <Exiled Disciples> Daragon Trail
| ---------- Want to see Pyro Burst Potential in 1.2? Watch This! -----------|
| Valor 90+ Powertech | |Thinking of Rolling a Pyro or Assault VG? Read this Guide |
|
|Guild Website | Youtube| Cassie - 50 Operative | Krelia - 50 Sorcerer|