Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Current Champion Gear

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ZeusThunder
03.20.2012 , 10:23 AM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by daveytech View Post
Wait.... are you saying that I will not need to be valor rank 60 to purchase Battlemaster gear?

I just spent the past 1 month working my tail off after work and on the weekends trying to get rank 60.

I am rank 59 now.

Can someone please tell me why... why I should continue....

I worked so hard, dealt with being outgunner by BM players for weeks and weeks, just so I could get these myself and compete. And now I'm being told that BM gear is obtainable without valor rank 60.

I love(d) this game. But this breaks my heart. Can a dev please tell me that all of the effort I've put in counts for something?

I've remodded all of my champ gear (and columi/rakata) with (IA champ/columi glove/hat) Adept Enhancments and the BH (champ/columi glove/hat) Enhancements.

I've put so much work in to my char. If I don't get feedback telling me my efforts mean something, I'm done. I'm sorry to be a whiner. I thought this patch was supposed to be a content thing.

I led a guild of about 15 players. Close friends. They all quit the game several weeks ago after we repeatedly ran HM's. Now I find out BM gear can be bought without valor 60.

This type of thing is common in all MMOs, some just more than others. Just ask former SWG players about the "Jedi" class. There are many, many instances of this type of thing occurring in WoW. In BC for example you initially had to run every heroic multiple times to get access to many of the raiding content. Then one day they just removed that requirement entirely.
When making a new post if you can't even take the time to use basic grammar and spelling, why should I take the time to give you a proper response? Using poor English in forum posts is an invitation to be trolled.

Monkeylint
03.20.2012 , 11:07 AM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by DavidHunt View Post
For all items: If you somehow customize the mods, that customization will persist. Changes to the items in a patch will not destroy the mods you've added.
Another of the many people in this thread waiting for a clear answer:

Will pre-1.2 Champion gear that has NOT been modified from the original vendored version be downgraded to the Rating 126 Recruit gear or will it remain unchanged after the patch?

While we're at it, word in the community is that in 1.2 Battlemaster gear will not be dependent on valor rating but the official patch notes state that only the Ear and Implant pieces will be valor independent.

Quote: Originally Posted by AmberGreen
Game Update 1.2 PTS Patch Notes (Continued)

The Valor Rank requirement has been removed from Battlemaster earpieces and implants
Care to clarify that as well?
Threepenny - Assassin
Kohlzra - Merc
Sparkle Motion - Imperials - Keller's Void
"Sometimes I doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion."

sadrus
03.20.2012 , 11:13 AM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by Monkeylint View Post
Another of the many people in this thread waiting for a clear answer:

Will pre-1.2 Champion gear that has NOT been modified from the original vendored version be downgraded to the Rating 126 Recruit gear or will it remain unchanged after the patch?

While we're at it, word in the community is that in 1.2 Battlemaster gear will not be dependent on valor rating but the official patch notes state that only the Ear and Implant pieces will be valor independent.

Care to clarify that as well?
The only gear that was ever dependent on valor 60 was the ear peices and implants since you could by them with warzone commendations. To get the Battlemaster tokens you would have to be 60 to open the bag or buy the token.

DavidHunt
03.20.2012 , 01:36 PM | #64 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by Anishor View Post
But if you left default mods in, you'll get the updated mods?
Yes - assuming the item changed. However, we prefer to avoid changing the stats or mods on items when possible.

Quote: Originally Posted by RMIGZ View Post
Can you expand on this? Right now I have a full set of Champion gear. What can I expect to happen with patch 1.2? Please make your explanation as detailed as possible. Thank you!
While the Champion gear vendor has been replaced with the Recruit gear vendor, they are two separate item sets. You can no longer acquire Centurion or Champion gear, but they are still in the game if you already have them. Recruit gear is a new set of blue PvP gear. It has no mods and is purchased with credits. Champion is fully moddable purple gear with a set bonus.

If you already have Champion gear, the biggest difference you will notice is that you can now see the Armoring in appropriate items. This armoring can be extracted, and it binds to the specific slot it came from - such as the chest or legs.

It's possible that there are exceptions, but the stats on your Champion gear should be unchanged. The armoring mod in them accounts for the stats on the gear that used to be unmodifiable.

Unlike Champion gear, Battlemaster gear does have stat changes. All current and future (1.2+) tier PvP gear is going through a stat transition to give it more expertise. This means you will see many more expertise versions of Mods and Enhancements instead of primarily on the base mod (Armoring/Hilt/Barrel).

antonmb
03.20.2012 , 01:49 PM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by pure_laced View Post
Unfortunately, I cannot answer the question from a character copy as I have not PvP'd on this toon hardly at all. However, in their previous change to Rakata T3 weapons long ago, the mods that were swapped in were left intact, and the ones I had taken out (51 ilvl) were in fact changed in my bags.

Logic suggests that it was changed by an item_id tag for each mod/enhancement/hilt/crystal, etc and if you swap out the current, it will remain intact and only change the id tags respectively.

I am sure more information will present itself soon.
This is not the case for Rakata gear though. The 58 mods I pulled out to replace with better itemized 56 Columi mods were untouched and remained the same. However, for the extra Rakata pieces I had, mods I didn't touch, were replaced with the newly itemized ones.

So, in my case, mods that were pulled were not changed.

Khoraji
03.20.2012 , 02:11 PM | #66
Also looking for an answer on what will happen to the current, purple champion gear.

Kaze-Yama
03.20.2012 , 03:10 PM | #67
I honestly wouldn't even care if they switch stats from champ to the new recruit gear but PLEASE PLEASE do not change my purple gear into blue gear. The only reason I was looking forward to 1.2 was so I could finally PVP wearing custom gear that I had spent 50 levels putting together and if they make me grind for all new battlemaster or war hero gear just to be able to customize it then I may seriously just quit PVP play through the class story for a few alts and then just quit the game entirely.

Iwipe
03.20.2012 , 03:17 PM | #68
Hey, looks like the current champion gear will remain in your bags once 1.2 hits and won't be downgraded. BM gear will get a slight buff, especially to expertise.

http://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/commen...pvp_gear_gets/

Khoraji
03.20.2012 , 03:34 PM | #69
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaze-Yama View Post
I honestly wouldn't even care if they switch stats from champ to the new recruit gear but PLEASE PLEASE do not change my purple gear into blue gear. The only reason I was looking forward to 1.2 was so I could finally PVP wearing custom gear that I had spent 50 levels putting together and if they make me grind for all new battlemaster or war hero gear just to be able to customize it then I may seriously just quit PVP play through the class story for a few alts and then just quit the game entirely.
Dont worry. You will have BM gear very quickly.

LordbishopX
03.20.2012 , 03:38 PM | #70
Quote: Originally Posted by Iwipe View Post
Hey, looks like the current champion gear will remain in your bags once 1.2 hits and won't be downgraded. BM gear will get a slight buff, especially to expertise.

http://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/commen...pvp_gear_gets/

Most excellent...
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀}╠╬[<BishopX>]╬╣{▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀