Community Round-Up: October 19th, 2012
Hello and welcome!
It’s time for the Community Round-Up. Each week, we scour the forums, fan sites, and reddit, finding some of the most interesting discussions in the community as well as player-created events happening on certain servers in The Old Republic™.
If you have nominations for next week’s Round-Up, please post them in this thread. Please remember the Community Round-Up blog is meant to highlight interesting, productive discussions and server events - not the most talked about forum threads.
Get to know the community on your server by participating in player-created events. Below are some occurring this week! We have updated our Server Forums so be sure to check out the Server Forums to find other events happening on your individual server.
- [Begeren Colony] Quesh PvP Event: “The event I was thinking of was a massive assault on the Imperial and Republic main bases, with the main objective being to kill an Imperial or Republic Commander (for the sake of this, the Commander would be a player). To make matters worse, that said Commander would need at least 1 guard and 1 dedicated healer to make it more challenging.”
- [Jung Ma] Ranked Warzone Nights -- MON/WED @ 8PM-12AM EST: “I am calling for all guilds to queue for ranked warzones every Monday and Wednesday evening from 8PM EST to 12AM EST!”
- [Jung Ma] Alpha Company RP-Patrol Schedule: “In order to encourage free-form RP (both cross faction and same faction) we are beginning to do an RP Patrol Mon-Thurs every week at the following times and locations. I will update the list as it changes. Monday: Tatooine 8:00PM EST. Tuesday: Hoth 8:00PM EST. Wednesday: Alderaan 8:00PM EST. Thursday: Belsavis 8:00PM EST.”
- [Jung Ma] RP Social - Saturdays at 10pm EST: “I wanted to let everyone know that Jen'jidai hosts a social RP scheduled weekly at 10:00 PM EST every Saturday on Nar Shaddaa, at the Lower Promenade Cantina. Though this started as a guild activity, it is open-invitation and we would love to see others attend.”
- [Master Dar’Nala] Open, Casual Sunday RWZ: “This Sunday we are going to try something new, for the past few weeks First Knowledge have been running a casual EC SM, we are going to move that two hours forward and start a new casual PvP event. We are going to run some balanced casual RWZ teams. Information below, contact Eviros or Mosus or reply to this thread if your interested. Date: Sundays, ongoing. Time: 8pm Type: PvP Faction: Republic. Description: Casual Rated WZs, We'll make two balanced teams and go at each other. [Imps should que!] Contact: Mosus or Eviros.”
- [Prophecy of the Five] WAR ON ILUM, hosted by <Firestorm>: “Saturday 10/20/2012, 9-11pm est. On Saturday night Firestorm will be hosting the war on Ilum. Its going to be a simple concept. Go to the battlegrounds of Ilum and have a massive Republic vs. Imperial battle just like the old days.”
- [Prophecy of the Five] Weekly PvP Event Schedule! (World PvP): “This event schedule does not begin until Saturday, October 20th, 2012 which will begin with the Third Saturday of the month. This is a list of the weekly PvP Event schedule for Open World PvP. This will be every Saturday Night at 8:00pm Eastern Time. On certain months that have Five Saturdays, the fifth Saturday will be off.”
- [The Ebon Hawk] Pax's Server-Wide 3-v-3 Team Tournament Oct 27th: “Pax Imperius (Empire) and Pax Dominus (Republic) will be hosting a server-wide tournament at the Outlaw’s Den on Tatooine. We encourage spectators, and all are welcome to attend. We do ask that a cease-fire be observed during, and in proximity of, the event. When: Saturday, October 27th, 2200 (10pm) EST.”
- [The Ebon Hawk] Reckoner's 4v4 3v3 2v2 1v1 Tournament 50K Entry fee: “This event will happen Saturday october 20th 5PM est. Winner of each tournament will will win the entry fee that each player pays for.”
- [The Red Eclipse] Spark of Insanity's 4 vs 4 PvP league: “Hi guys, I am proud to announce that the 4 vs 4 League WILL be going ahead, hopefully from the 25th, so I want to get as many teams signed up as possible, this is only a Pre-Season and matches will be taking place on Thursday/Fridays evenings.”
- SWTOR Themed Razer Blade + code for 20% off SWTOR accessories once entered: Proud_of_myself posts about the Razer Wield The Force Sweepstakes, where you can enter for a chance to win the new SWTOR themed laptop!
- Man Alderaan is beautiful: TheShepard shares a gorgeous screenshot of Alderaan.
- Party Time!: Imperials partying during a run through the Terror From Beyond operation!
Do you adjust attitude/personality to the character/class?: Path-x asks the community if they adjust their character’s personalities and choices depending on the class they play or if they play all of their characters with the same attitude. Some of your answers included:
- Eightus: “Yep i create a different personality for each of my characters and I choose the choices that they would pick. I also try to develop that personality over the course of the game.”
- Timarick: “my main is me had I grown up as a Jedi, but he's clearly me once you get past it all. But all my characters are based on someone I know in real life and is merely a Star Wars adaptation, so what I try to do with each character is use the backstory and setting I created for them with my own stories, but play it as sincerely as possible to what they people they are based on in real life situations. So example, my Sith Warrior is the jealous younger brother of my Jedi Knight, so he's saddled with that backstory, but he's also based on my ACTUAL little brother, whose typically disinterested and raw, often being lazy, though dangerous when you piss him off. And to me it just feels more alive.”
Characters! (Story time): Jessnjam shares a detailed back story for their smuggler and asks their fellow community members to do the same!
- YoshiRaphElan: “My trooper: Backblast, being the son of a Mandalorian warrior, was trained extensively in the arts of combat. When his father left him and his adopted brother on Coruscant, Backblast joined the Republic military. Impressed with his skills, the Republic soon placed him in Special Forces. There he proved himself as a terrific medic but also a proficient demolitionist. He got his nickname when one of his training bombs exploded the wrong way, tearing out one of his eyes and scarring his face.”
- TalonVII: “Well in reply to your first one i'll do my Vanguard. Stomvhal Skirrata is the son of an absentee Mandalorian father and a Republic Medic. Mandalorian was hurt during a hunt but actually showed some compassion on Onderon when a group of kids were about to be hit by errant blasterfire by the mark he was tracking. He threw himself infront of the blaster fire saving the kids but he was wounded in a few places. The republic medic oncall treated him and the two had a romance [ofcourse].”
Thank you for all of the fun and interesting discussions this week! There are many other great conversations happening in the forums that are not on this list so be sure to look around. Please don’t forget to nominate your favorite threads and events for next week’s Round-Up by posting here!