Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Quesh PvP Event

-Dark-
10.12.2012 , 08:29 AM | #1
(Edited to put instructions and event info first)
After surveying Quesh for several days, on both the Imperial and Republic side, and seeing some growing interest I think I'll try organizing this event.

Day: Saturday, November 3rd
Time: 8:00pm EST
Where: Quesh (Meet at your respective faction bases)

The Battle of Quesh will be a simple battle of attack and defend. Each faction will elect a player to be their field commander. THE FIELD COMMANDER MUST STAY INSIDE OF THE TEAMS BASE! Each faction will need to divide into an offense and defense team. Victory occurs when the opposing teams Field Commander is killed.

Now, there are a couple of things to note about each base:
For the Imperials
- There are drastically more Level 50 champions roaming your base, so use the AI to your advantage

For the Republic
- There are roughly about 4-5 champions roaming around, and there are fewer places for your field commander to take refuge, leave good defenders behind.

This event will be for level 50's only, given the fact that the base is being protected by level 50 champions.

There are a couple of restrictions/guidelines I must lay down though:
1) As stated above, the field commander must stay inside of the base.
2) The field commander must have 1 tank guarding them (basically the bodyguard)
3) The field commander cannot be a healer. Given the fact that both sides have very impressive healers, it could possibly prolong the battle, not to mention it would make the tank more or less the primary target
4) Please be honest about when your field commander is slain. I'd prefer that we'd all follow the rules, and I can't enforce this.
5) Have fun

No matter what faction or what gear set you wear, feel free to answer the call and meet up next weekend. If you have any additional thoughts to this please feel free to leave a reply. I may or may not be looking in to prizes for guilds that participate (if I do, it will most likely be something that I can mass produce such as MK-6 kits for guilds, maybe...). As for solo players that participate, I may would look into a credit reward.

Throughout the week, I will be dropping in and out of general chat on both the Republic and Imperial fleet to get the word out, but feel free to let everyone know in general.

If you have any questions feel free to contact me in-game as well.

Good luck
Status KIA: Siricius Kaust formerly Huxley Stormwind of Lord Ieldis

Riggz
10.12.2012 , 09:12 AM | #2
This game is getting stale and boring so I'm Toattly down for this
Urdnought Level 55 Operative
Urdonught Level 55 Scoundrel
<GRIM DETERMINATION>
<INFAMOUS>

RayGonJinn
10.12.2012 , 09:20 AM | #3
You know you can call on me for anything man.

Desiirea
10.12.2012 , 09:43 AM | #4
Color me intrigued!

The problem I see with 2 is getting the population to go along with it. When I was heading up the massive Ilum battles on Vrook Lamar the problem was always how to keep the numbers about even. There are some people that do not give a flying leap for what is 'fair' and go rogue doing their own thing no matter what the community as a whole wishes. On the plus side because there are no valor or server side rewards to be gained, this may be less likely a problem.

Really looking forward to the feedback and seeing where this goes.
Desiirea, The Cookiegoddess Legacy - Seer Sage
You don't know the power of the Desi side
Server 1st Elite Warlord - Server 1st 16-man Infernal
Cookies4Ever

Riggz
10.12.2012 , 10:21 AM | #5
Is ilum world PvP still open?
I guess we could go back there so people would at least get a valor buff
Urdnought Level 55 Operative
Urdonught Level 55 Scoundrel
<GRIM DETERMINATION>
<INFAMOUS>

PoliteAssasin
10.12.2012 , 12:46 PM | #6
Sounds like a good idea Hux.
Manager of Basic Skills For A Better Society. We hand out <basic skill stim>s in PVP to those in need. A donation of 1000 credits can help maintain the basic skills of 10 players for a day. Thousands of Republic PVPers are in dire need of these stims. Head to your local Pub Fleet and donate now!

MelliMelon
10.12.2012 , 01:16 PM | #7
I'll be there, just tell me the time.

J_Fred
10.18.2012 , 04:07 AM | #8
Back in the old days on my server all the 50s would be on ilum. When we werent in a wz killing each other we were fighting over the pvp zone for the valor buff/armaments. Nowadays we dont need armaments, but it would be cool if everyone would go to ilum when they q for pvp and we can fight there in between the q's like them good old times.

(for those of you who are new to this game and complain about the pvp dailies, some of us have been here since the beginning where in order to get a daily done you had to either kill 30 players in the ilum warzone, or collect 30 armaments in Central (only 3 of them there at any given time with almost a 45-60 sec respawn). The weekly was 150. Back when i first dinged 50 there were only about 10 other imperials at 50. The pubs had about 30-40ish majority of them BM. We imps had only one BM, Slades, and we would literally be slaughtered at central Luckily I got to know a few of them and they gave me a pass

PoliteAssasin
10.18.2012 , 04:17 AM | #9
Might not be too different from today as many imps feel at a disadvantage. But I like Hux's point about the mobs you get to fight through. Only maybe we can make it the bases on illum. Those give valor right?
Manager of Basic Skills For A Better Society. We hand out <basic skill stim>s in PVP to those in need. A donation of 1000 credits can help maintain the basic skills of 10 players for a day. Thousands of Republic PVPers are in dire need of these stims. Head to your local Pub Fleet and donate now!

J_Fred
10.18.2012 , 04:37 AM | #10
Thats only for the attacking side. Defenders get nothing. And yea now that I think of it imps dont have a real strong pvp side atm. Pubs dominate, just like when I was a lil impy

ah wth at least im on the right faction this time