Community Round-Up: September 5th, 2012
Welcome to our weekly Community Round-Up. Each week, we scour the forums, fan sites, and reddit, finding some of the most interesting discussions in the community as well as player-created events happening on certain servers in The Old Republic™.
If you have nominations for next week’s Round-Up, please post them in this thread. Please remember the Community Round-Up blog is meant to highlight interesting, productive discussions and server events - not the most talked about forum threads.
Get to know the community on your server by participating in player-created events. Below are some occurring this week! Be sure to check out the Server Forums to find other events happening on your server.
- [Corellian Run] Open World PvP - Ilum / 09 Sept / 8 PM EST: “More open world fun and games on Ilum. All interested are invited once again to battle it out on Ilum.”
- [Dalborra] Dalborra open World PvP Series: “Event 3- Opertaion Rolling Thunder! Location: Illum contested Area. Time/Date: 8th September 8pm NZ Time/6pm AEST time. This event is all about both sides getting back to basics, and trashing each other in the contested area on Illum, simply for "Bragging rights", valor, and there Ego's, and of course for control of the Contested Area.”
- [Jedi Covenant] Ranked PvP - Wednesdays 8pm CST: “Basically I will be putting together 2 or more teams to q ranked. What I would like to see happen is everyone put together your guild's team and q ranked at 730-800pm cst on Wednesdays . The goal is that since so many teams will be in q that there will be a healthy amount of teams that "aren't full warhero" and as such everyone will get practice in matches and earn those elusive ranked warzone commendations.”
- [Prophecy of the Five] KING of the KILL! (Tatooine PvP Event) Sept. 8th!: “On Sept. 8th @ 8:00pm EST I encourage all Imperials and all Republics to join in a group effort to infiltrate and keep control of the Czerka Dig Site! It is a Bunker located at -2388, -314 in the The Dune Sea area of Tatooine.”
- [Prophecy of the Five] Squad Based Combat 9/15/12: “Greetings Avenging Dawn will be hosting a squad based PvP tournament on Tatoonie in the Outlaws Den on september 15 at 9pm est.”
- [The Bastion] 3v3 Tournament, Republic and Empire: “< Costco > is hosting a 3v3 tournament for competitive pvp guilds. 16 teams will compete in the Outlaw’s Den arena on the parched planet of Tatooine for a grand prize of 3 million credits! Team entries will be accepted on a first come first serve basis, ending once the 16 team capacity has been reached. Register your team while slots last. Each team will have a captain responsible for their team.”
- [The Fatman] 1v1 Duel Tournament 2 (Empire & Republic): “It is back, bigger and better! Empire and Republic can join and there new prizes. Read the rules and sign-up below. Follow the tournament and check out the bracket at www.chosen-elite.com/duel.”
- [The Ebon Hawk] Tuesday Night Datacron Expeditions and Hunt (Imperial): “Event: Tuesday Night Datacron Expeditions and World Boss Hunts (Imperial side)”
- What titles would you like to see in SWTOR?: Community members create titles they would like to see in The Old Republic.
- I don't think my girlfriend is intimidated by Darth Malgus: Darth Malgus has made a new alliance.
- The Dark Side of Oppan Gangnam Style: Even Sith need to dance.
End game canon for your character?: What do you think happens after you finish your class storyline? Community members have come together to share their personal end game canons.
- Shotgonius: “My LS Sorcerer: Tries to make the Empire better, but after seeing that it's a lost cause, uses his resources that came with his position to get powerful Sith and Jedi artifacts to gain immortality and immense power). Has two kids with Ashara (JK and BH). He tells Ashara to take the force-sensitive to Tython and tells Andronikos to raise his other son (not force-sensitive). An enemy of the Sorcerer learns of his plans, and sends an agent to kill him. The Sorcerer defeats the agent and, instead of killing him, persuades him to kill his enemy. The Sorcerer trains Xalek as his apprentice. He continues to gather artifacts and increase his own power, until he decides he needs to help the Empire not be so...evil. He sets off to enact his plan, saying goodbye to his friends.”
- Thebigdoubleu: “Hero of Tython and Kira Carsen: The husband and wife team continue to serve the Republic while keeping their marriage a secret from the Jedi Order throughout the war. As soon as the war was over, the couple pulled a Bindo and left the Order to settle on Corellia and joined the Green Jedi. The Hero and Kira's role during the liberation of Corellia earned them many friends on the planet, and this prove crucial in joining the Green Jedi as non-natives of Corellia. The two were able to settle and help rebuild the planet despite the tensions this caused between the Corellian government and the Order.”
[Guide] The Sith Sorcerer's Codex: AstralFire has put together this incredible guide for Sith Sorcerers. It has everything from basics to frequently asked questions to companion information. If you are a Sith Sorcerer or have thought about rolling one, you should check out this guide.
- MissDevereaux: “This is so brilliant - thank you!”
- Traytures: “yeah I think this will help pplz who r new to this game or just a reminder”
The Empire and your personal Morality: Origin Poster, GavinPatterson asks community members to share their experience involving morality choices you have had to make while serving the Empire. Some of your answers included:
- StaticJoe: “Me personally, I prefer to play DS as it's more fun for me--I've played mostly DS toons in KOTOR, TSL, JK and JA. That said, after hitting Dark V with both my vengeance jugg and tankasin I am going to change things up with my marauder and tank jugg taking more of a more neutral path”
- OldVengeance: “I tend to be a Lightside player that instinctively may avoid doing bad things in games. But whenever I play the Empire I find it a lot of fun to try and get into a character's head and role with the "evil" (or good) decisions they would do. It's especially fun when you add a bunch of Lightside decisions despite being Dark. I feel like it makes those fewer Lightside choices especially meaningful.”
Current and future characters you intend to be: As community member wokcha says, “Alt-aholics unite!” List your current and future characters you intend to play!
- Lord Rahlik: “Rach'an, father of the Nightwanderer family and founder of the feared Rach-Darths widespread reputation. Rattataki Male Sorcerer Healer (lvl 50)”
- Admyacob: “Betallor, Adopted son of Haberl who found him as an orphan of war during the service and brought him to the Jedi a bit overconfident due to his savant like skill. Mirialan Male Sentinel Melee DPS (lvl 20)”
Thank you for all of the fun and interesting discussions this week! There are many other great conversations happening in the forums that are not on this list so be sure to look around. Please don’t forget to nominate your favorite threads and events for next week’s Round-Up by posting here!