Community Round-Up: May 2nd, 2013
Welcome to this week’s Community Round-Up. Each week, we scour the forums, fan sites, and reddit, finding some of the most interesting discussions in the community as well as player-created events happening on servers in The Old Republic™.
If you have nominations for next week’s Round-Up, please post them in this thread.
Get to know the community on your server by participating in player-created events. Below are some occurring this week! Be sure to take a look at the Server Forums to find other events happening on your individual server.
- Tournament of Champions 2.0: “Our last tournament was last time was a blast and we hope to take what we learned from last time and make this tournament even more fun and more standardized. This tournament will be held May 11th (Saturday) at 5 pst. The location will be the same as last time, the pit in Outlaw's Den.”
- 1v1 Open Dueling Tournament: “The Saal Dueling Corporation (SDC) was founded for the express purpose of hosting and organizing High Stakes PvP events across the server. All PvPer's love competition - it's what we thrive on! The true competitor thrives on the knowledge of who's the best, and who's only ‘better.’ For every tournament there will be cash prizes as well as crafted gear donated to the winners of the event. When: Sunday, May 12, 2013 @ 7:00pm Server Time.”
- Ranked PVP Nights: “We are looking for the best nights to get our best teams out there. Wed, Fri, and Sun nights seem to be the best mix for us right now. We are currently gearing, practicing, and mix/matching the best groups but are hoping to find a couple nights each week to start queuing against other guilds again. Just wanted input from those other ranked guilds on what nights they queue the most so we can try to organize it the same way.”
The Ebon Hawk
- The Ebon Hawk Bounty Board: “Hello everyone. I'm AlyxDinas. Back on Lord Adraas, I ran a player bounty board which offered missions for IC open world PvP and even PvE. The original idea came from my friend Darth_Slaine, an Ebon Hawk player. He ran his own board as well for a time.With his permission, I've been allowed to continue the process. All participation is optional but it can lead to some really interested and suspenseful RP. I monitor the board close, keep it updated often, and generally do my best to provide a fun little "game" for people to participate in.”
The Red Eclipse
- Pet Show Event: “As part of our 8th Birthday as a guild, having founded in 2005, next Saturday (4th May) at 2PM BST (Uk time) we will host a server wide Pet show in the Slippery Slopes Cantina on Lower Prominade on Nar Shaddaa.”
- +10 Datacron Run Hosted By The Old Timers Guild--Saturday, May 11 at 5PM EDT: “We will be doing another public +10 Datacron run on the Republic side on Saturday, May 11th at 5PM EST. Meet us in the museum on the Gav Daragon ship off the fleet. Once on the Gav, take the elevator to the bridge deck then head to the south end where you will find another elevator that goes up to the museum. Before entering the hallway to the datacron room, you need to get a blue crystal to get the datacron. We will have guild members posted at the doors where you need to go once in the museum.”
- Havoc Squad in Uniform sans Helmets: Epic shot of Havoc Squad in the Gree Event Blue Scalene armor.
- Ootinicast chats with Producer, Cory Butler, about the ins and outs of Dye Modules in Game update 2.1.
- Check out Dulfy’s Q&A about Dye Modules coming in Game Update 2.1, including information about which gear can and cannot be dyed.
- Cory Butler tells SWTOR-RP some exclusive details about the Appearance Designer Kiosk.
- Learn more about the FURocious Cathar in SWTOR Face’s Q&A with Cory Butler.
- Rate the best class stories: Players discuss the strengths and weakness of the Class Stories in The Old Republic.
- Eric Musco please enlight me: Community Manager, Eric Musco, addresses some of the concerns subscribers expressed about the upcoming customization features.
- 2.0.1 Promised Crew Skill fixes: Amber Green shares an update on some of the future Crew Skill fixes.
- Silence of the devs: Eric gives the latest update on the Bolster issue.
- Historians Index: Aurbere has compiled a wide range of Star Wars™ lore. Truly impressive work!
Thank you for all of the fun and interesting discussions this week! There are many other great conversations happening in the forums that are not on this list so be sure to look around. Please don’t forget to nominate your favorite threads and events for next week’s Round-Up by posting here!