Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Tournament of Champions 2.0

Riggz
04.17.2013 , 06:26 PM | #1
ASB and BSR will be hosting The Tournament of Champions 2.0

Our last tournament was last time was a blast and we hope to take what we learned from last time and make this tournament even more fun and more standardized. This tournament will be held May 11th (Saturday) at 5 pst. The location will be the same as last time, the pit in Outlaw's Den.

The duels will be between specific AC's (Guardian v Guardian - Scoundrel v Operative - There will not be Marauder v Merc for example). Their will be at least 3 wardens to supervise the duels. Any controversial rulings or situations will be taken to them and they will decide what to do. This tournament will be moving at a slower pace than the last one to make sure fairness will be at a maximum in this tournament. Our number one objective is to make sure every member has a equal and fair duel.

1.) Any gear goes. People have worked hard to make their gear what it is, therefore they won't be penalized.

2.) No one will ever have to duel someone from a different AC. Any cross-AC dueling has no meaning in this tournament.

3.) Duelist can use one warzone medpac and one warzone adrenal in their duel. This brings a new level to the duels, which only add to the interest.

4.) Both duelist must type "ready" and a countdown will proceed. Once the word "go" is read both duelist will walk out from behind their pylon, and fight.

5.) NO GRENADES. Use of grenades is an automatic DQ by the wardens

6.) Multiple entries are allowed, unless they are of the same AC. Example: I can enter an operative and a sniper. I cannot enter an operative and a scoundrel.

7.) Stealthers can leave combat and use their health regen ability

8.) If both sides say ready and duel commences, for no reason will the duel stop. Ever

As always any spec, no matter what, is allowed. If you have a spec that only works in duels against mercs, bring it

This tournament is subject to changes, including the addition or removal of rules.

Please sign up with the following information

Name:
Guild:
Class:
Spec:
Catchphrase:

THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD. I WILL BE POSTING A DISCUSSION THREAD SOON, TAKE YOUR CONVERSATIONS THERE.
Urdnought Level 55 Operative
Urdonught Level 55 Scoundrel
<GRIM DETERMINATION>
<INFAMOUS>

MelliMelon
04.17.2013 , 06:26 PM | #2
Main site: http://tournamentofchampions.challonge.com
Individual Brackets: /imperialclassname (eg /sniper)

Schedule: all times are PDT (GMT -7)
5:00PM: Gunslinger/Sniper, Vanguard/Powertech
6:00PM: Sage/Sorceror, Commando/Mercenary
7:00PM: Scoundrel/Operative and Shadow/Assassin
8:30PM: Sentinel/Marauder and Guardian/Juggernaut (may last until 10 or 11PM PST)

A few procedural things

- There will only be one AC dueling at once. The reason the schedule is split in this way is to enable betting. See below for more betting information. Here is an example: 5 o' clock, the sniper tournament starts. We proceed until we reach the final four. At that point, betting begins, and we pause while starting the powertech tournament. When the powertech tournament reaches the final 4, betting will begin there, and we will conclude the sniper tournament. Then we will finish the powertech tournament. Payouts will then be made before the sage tournament begins.

- The tournaments will start on time to the best of our abilities. If a member is late to the tournament start (see above times), we will play as many matches as possible until they are ready. If they still are not ready at that time, they forfeit. Melyn and Urdnought will announce in general chat both the current round and the next round. If, one minute after a round is supposed to start, a participant is not within the dueling area, they will forfeit the match at the discretion of the warden.

- Duels will proceed in the following manner: Both participants will stand behind the pillars in the dueling arena. A warden will ask the participants whether they are ready, and from that time, the duel has started and there is no going back. Do not say you are ready unless you are sure that you are! Once both participants are ready, the warden will count down in /say chat from 5 and the duel will commence.

- Duels will not be interrupted or redone for any reason. If a participant breaks a rule, they will automatically lose. This is unfortunate, but must be in place due to questions of fairness. The final say, as always, lies with the wardens. (Because of this, it is highly encouraged that warrior disable auto-target closest enemy, so they do not accidentally leap out of the arena.)

- Betting: we reserve the right to change the way betting works until the start of the tournament. The following information is subject to change. I will wrap it in spoiler tags since it is fairly long.
Spoiler

We reserve the right to change this information as things come to our attention. If you do not agree with the rules of the tournament, you can discuss it with Melyn and Urdnought privately or feel free to give your thoughts in the discussion thread. This thread is merely for information and signups. If, come the day of the tournament, you do not agree with the rules, please do not participate.

Riggz
04.17.2013 , 06:49 PM | #3
Urdnought Wrex
Black Sun Rising
Operative
Concealment (Full)

If it all goes downhill... I'll roll away

Rokurou Wrex
Black Sun Rising
Marauder
Annihilation (Full)

Ill probably forget to level him to 55
Urdnought Level 55 Operative
Urdonught Level 55 Scoundrel
<GRIM DETERMINATION>
<INFAMOUS>

MelliMelon
04.17.2013 , 08:24 PM | #4
Name: Melyn
Guild: ASB
Class: Scoundrel
Spec: Scrapper
Catchphrase: "It's Meh-lin, not May-lin..."

LordKunz
04.17.2013 , 08:42 PM | #5
Helz
Black Sun Rising
Assassin
Madness (7/2/37)
I'm maybe bleu, but I look really good in Beskar
Mil'es Powertech 60
Dyla Juggernaut 60
Naxu Vanguard 60
Tysia Sniper 60

MoreMomentum
04.17.2013 , 10:19 PM | #6
Name: Kaos
Guild: Dead on Arrival
Class: Jedi Sentinel
Spec: Watchman

Let's not change the date on me this time!
KAOS - SOAK
Dead on Arrival (Begeren Colony) - Illegal Test Kitchen (The Bastion)

Galic
04.17.2013 , 11:56 PM | #7
Name: Galic
Guild: ASB
Class: Gunslinger
Spec: SS
Sandwich: PB&J
<Ascension>

Daesh'cor - 55 - Sage Seer
Galic - 55 - Smuggler Sharpshooter

EFSoupy
04.18.2013 , 11:29 AM | #8
Name: Moco
Guild: Eternal Guaridans
Class: Scoundrel
Spec: Sawbones (that's right, healer dueling)
Catchphrase: At least I'm pretty

Name: Azucena
Guild: Eternal Guardians
Class: Vanguard
Spec: Assault
Catchphrase: My awesomeness is only limited by the mediocrity of others
Azucena- Vanguard (Shield/Assault), Moco - Scoundrel (Sawbones), Chapulin - Shadow (Kinetic/ Infiltration), Cagafuego - Commando (Gunnery)
<The Eternal Guardians>
Begeren Colony

LordKunz
04.20.2013 , 08:03 PM | #9
When is this Tournament gonna happen anyway, gotta know how much time I got to grind?
Mil'es Powertech 60
Dyla Juggernaut 60
Naxu Vanguard 60
Tysia Sniper 60

ZooMzy
04.21.2013 , 10:54 AM | #10
Name: Zuhara
Guild: The Sith Order
Class: Assassin
Spec: Darkness DPS

Can't wait for this