Community Round-Up: Events and Forums June 28th, 2012
It’s time for this week’s Round-Up. Every week, we highlight some of the most interesting discussions in the community and player-created events happening on certain servers in the Star Wars™: The Old Republic™. Most of these discussions originate from our forums, but we will also be looking at what people are saying about The Old Republic on other sites whenever we can.
Please feel free to nominate discussions for next week’s Round Up in this thread.
Let’s get started!
Get to know your server community by participating in player held events. Below are some events occurring this week! Be sure to check out the Server Forums to find other events happening on your server.
- [Corellian Run] Tuesday Thursday Raid Group (Rep): Renegade Squadron has a regular 8 man ops group that runs twice a week and occasionally more often then that. We have a few more people now then will fit in one raid, so we are looking to put together a second raid group. We are happy to take in new members or partner with another guild who is also looking to raid.”
- [Prophecy of the Five] Open World PvP (again!!):“We want to do this next Friday, the 29th, outlaw's den, at say 8PM-ish. I heard there was some sort of confusion last time, just to be clear, this is a straight up open world deathmatch so you can group up, go in solo, gank people, there are no rules! see target ----> pew pew”
- [The Ebon Hawk] Million Credit Race! Sat, June 30th 9:30 EST: “Talking in-game with a few people, I heard the most support for a Swoop Bike race be the event we host. We'll be racing on Tatooine along a path that goes to a sandcrawler in Judland then back to the to the great Sarlacc pit in the Dune sea.”
Sad moments in SWTOR: Jonoku nominated this thread started by Ekas, who asks the community to share some of the tragic story moments they experienced while playing The Old Republic. Please Note that this thread contains spoilers!
- Forgon: “When you have the option to save or kill the military officer's daughter, I did the choice to kill her. When I got back to tell him the job was done, he solemnly accepts that and then says, "Now if you don't mind leaving... I would rather not look at my daughter's murderer in the face..." to which I replied, "Don't look in a mirror then." He then snaps, "Get out!" and Mako tells me, "Let's just leave him alone. He has a lot to cope with now that he has just killed his daughter."
My rp character was pretty much a do the job, get the credits, be done with it for the most part although he is only slightly Dark 1. I personally was pretty sad and the BH story really gives a perspective about how twisted the Imperial culture is. I really felt sympathy for that man.”
- Bionamaster: “At the end of Alderaan on the Jedi Knight. As you confront Lord Nefaris (I think it was his name) a Hologram plays. Your Master, Orgus Din, is killed before the eyes of you and your companion. As my character fell to the ground in sadness and Kira cried out in shock, I felt sorry for the two of them.”
PvP Guide – Gearing up, medals and commendations: Bytesin has created a helpful guide on how to gear your characters for warzones! For those of you who have stumbled upon this guide before, Bytesin has updated it for Ranked Warzones.
- JediSandwich: “Awesome info -- thank you!”
- Lunez: “Nice guide. Short, sweet, and to the point.”
Who made the greatest impact?: Origin poster, ThePasserby asks the community which class they feel has the largest impact on the galaxy by rating them on a scale of one to ten. Please note this thread contains spoilers!
- ProfessorWalsh: “Jedi Knight. Galactic Impact Scale: 10.”
- ThePasserby: “Imperial Agent. Galactic impact scale: 9.5.”
Who would you want your nemesis to be?: You encounter a number of enemies during your galactic travels, but Anysao wants to know who was that one guy who you want to fight over and over again. Please note this thread contains some spoilers!
- Faelas: “I loved my nemesis in the agent chapter 3. It was a battle of wits and I really enjoyed it especially the ending, I couldn't ask for a better rival as that one was the best.”
- DaWaffle: “Skavak from the Smuggler story. I just loved everyone cutscene with him in it, always a source of good humour.”
Preparing for 1.3? Here are some tip and pointers!: Iwipe has created another wonderful guide for the community – this time for Game Update 1.3 pointers.
- ChazDoit: “Goood Work as always!”
- Limenutpen: “Dulfy I really want to meet you, and adore you forever. Your guides are fantastic! WELL DONE!”
Thanks for all of the great discussions this week! There are many other interesting conversations happening in the forums that are not on this list so be sure to look around. And don’t forget to nominate some of your favorite threads and events for next week’s round up by posting in this thread.