Star Wars: The Old Republic Launches Shadow of Revan Digital Expansion Today
Face Revan in an All-New Story-Driven Adventure with Brand-New Levels of Cinematic Storytelling, Explosive Battles and More
AUSTIN, Texas – December 9, 2014 – BioWare™ a division of Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: EA), announced that the new Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Digital Expansion, Shadow of Revan, is now available online at http://www.swtor.com/buy. Shadow of Revan features five new levels of story-driven Star Wars™ adventure, in which players go head-to-head with Revan, one of the galaxy’s most powerful characters in The Old Republic universe. A threat to both the Sith Empire and Galactic Republic, Revan has forged an army of “Revanites” with a deadly plan that will change the galaxy forever. Players must face their destiny and lead the fight against Revan. The battle against Revan begins now!
“Revan’s storyline is filled with the intense cinematic action and BioWare storytelling that fans have come to expect from Star Wars: The Old Republic,” said Jeff Hickman, General Manager of BioWare Austin. “With Shadow of Revan, we’re delivering our most ambitious story-driven expansion yet.”
Players who purchase Shadow of Revan will be able to access new gameplay content, including:
- Epic New Storyline – Embark on a fight to stop Revan’s deadly plan, playable as either solo or multiplayer missions, with full voiceover and cinematic moments as you face one of the most powerful characters in The Old Republic era.
- Power up with Five New Levels – Continue your Star Wars saga with an increased Level Cap of 60 and obtain powerful new abilities and gear as you advance to new heights of power.
- Explore Savage New Worlds – Travel to the tropical world of Rishi, a dangerous pirate haven at the edge of the galaxy, and then continue your story on Yavin 4, home of the fearsome Massassi warriors!
- Battle in New High-Level Flashpoints and Operations – Team up with allies to face the most deadly foes in the galaxy with two new role-neutral Flashpoints, four Hard Mode Flashpoints and ten new powerful bosses across two Level 60 Operations.
- Craft Custom Characters with the New Discipline System – Choose from an expanded set of new abilities and utilities, and customize your combat experience to fit your play style.
- Unlock New Gear and Reputation Rewards – Earn powerful new Revanite gear, new mounts (including armored vehicle transports) and crafting schematics.
Star Wars: The Old Republic is a Free-to-Play, award-winning MMO set thousands of years before the classic Star Wars movies. Players team up with friends online to fight in heroic battles between the Republic and Empire, exploring a galaxy of vibrant planets and experiencing visceral Star Wars combat. Now players can experience the complete storylines of the eight iconic Star Wars classes, all the way to Level 50 without having to pay a monthly fee. The Free-to-Play option complements the existing subscription offering, providing greater flexibility in how to experience Star Wars: The Old Republic.
For more information on the digital expansion, Shadow of Revan, please visit www.swtor.com/shadow-of-revan. Visit www.swtor.com/play-free to try the game today. Join the conversation by visiting the official Community Blog, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube. For additional press assets, please visit http://info.ea.com.
STAR WARS © & ™ Lucasfilm Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
About Electronic Arts
Electronic Arts (NASDAQ: EA) is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. The Company delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets. EA has more than 300 million registered players around the world.
In fiscal year 2014, EA posted GAAP net revenue of $3.6 billion. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, EA is recognized for a portfolio of critically acclaimed, high-quality blockbuster brands such as The Sims™, Madden NFL, EA SPORTS™ FIFA, Battlefield™, Dragon Age™ and Plants vs. Zombies™. More information about EA is available at www.ea.com/news.