Community Round-Up: August 9th, 2012
It’s time for this week’s Community Round-Up. Every week, we highlight some of the most interesting discussions in the community as well as player-created events happening on certain servers in The Old Republic™. While most of these discussions occur on our forums, we also try to look at what people are saying about Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ on other sites whenever we can.
If you have suggestions for next week’s Round-Up, please nominate them in this thread. Please remember the Community Round-Up blog is meant to highlight interesting, productive discussions and server events - not the most talked about forum threads.
Let’s get started!
Get to know the community on your server by participating in player-created events. Below are some occurring this week! Be sure to check out the Server Forums to find other events happening on your server.
- [Corellian Run] Open World PvP - Ilum / Sunday, 12 Aug / 8 PM Eastern: “Upon further conversation and discussions with my Republic contact it would seem that some form of "reward" is required to draw out an opposing force. That being said we are moving next weekend's event to Ilum. This move will yield a buff and some valor. Opposing forces will meet at their respective bases and move to attack the enemy at some point in the middle. We look forward to some good old fashioned war on Sunday.”
- <Chosen Elite> is running an Eternity Vault and Karagga’s Palace Hard Mode timed challenge. All servers can participate! Below are a few of the threads they posted, which contains the link you can use to sign up.
- [Nightmare Lands] EV / KP HM Timed Challenge Run (All Servers)
- [Prophecy of the Five] EV / KP HM Timed Run Challenge (All Servers)
- [Jung Ma] EV / KP HM Timed Run Challenge (All Servers)
- [Prophecy of the Five] <The Fight Club> Hosting Sunday or Friday Fight Night. Feedback preferred!: “<The Fight Club> has decided to Host either a Friday Night or Sunday Night Bi-Weekly 3v3 tournament on Tatooine in the outlaws den. So what we are asking is, which day would best suit the community and during what hours. As of now we determined that Sunday Night at 7:30 pm CST would be for the best. Let us know what you think.”
- [The Ebon Hawk] Tuesday Night Datacron Expeditions and Hunt (Imperial): “In Character Roleplay datacron hunting expedition and world boss hunt event on The Ebon Hawk server, Imperial side”
The SWTOR subreddit has been active as ever this week! Below are just a few of the great discussions SWTOR fans have been having on this subreddit.
- The +10 Datacron team that helped 300+ people get their Datacron for no personal gain!: These awesome players helped others on their server to collect many datacrons! Check out the Server Events section to see if a similar event is happening on your server!
- The only good Hutt is a dead Hutt: This space slug has seen better days.
- The worlds and backgrounds they did a great job with, very immersive to a STAR WARS fan: Bloodoks posts a great screen shot and starts a conversation about the environments in The Old Republic.
Name your favorite PVP Ability and why!: Cybridwarform asks his fellow PvPers which abilities are their favorite. Some of your answers included:
- TheronFett: “Force Push. Because nothing says I love you like launching a noob into the fire pits in Huttball.”
- Belly: “Combat spec Transcendence. I like to yell out "LUDICROUS SPEED!" as I cast it.”
Witty Imperial Agent names?!: Think you have a witty Imperial Agent name? Or just seen one on your adventures? This is the thread for you!
- BobaFaceroll: “I like Mulder and Scully, I hadn't thought of those when coming up with names. A friend guild mate has Agent Zero. I've seen Agent Orange running around too. That was going to be my second choice, but I didn't need it since my first one was available. I am Smith...Agent Smith.”
- Fallerup: “Agent Romanoff and yes, I made her look the part as much as I could, just missing the leather outfit.”
Dealing With Your Opposites: Not all of your companions are going to agree with your decisions… some more than others. In this thread, community members discuss how they deal with companions who disagree with their choices the most.
- Vesaniae: “Ooh, interesting question! My SW's attitude can basically be summed up as, "I kill all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but I don't kill all of the people all of the time." Thus, most of the disagreement with her policies come from Vette, Jaesa when she's having a DS day, Pierce, and Broonmark... wait a minute, that's everyone but Quinn. Oh, well.”
- Elliotcat: “For my smuggler, she doesn't really have "opposites" so to speak, though she and Akaavi are on the surface very different. But once they got to where they understood each other - Akaavi knew that smuggler was being honest even when she appeared to be facetious, and smuggler knew that Akaavi's tough mannerisms came from a real place - they became good friends. Same thing with Risha.”
SWTOR Animated Series: Vendors Episode #1 received a lot of great feedback last week so OP Exen and TheWarpZone have now posted a second episode!
- Vian: “Just watched Episode 2. I'm going to need a shipping address to deliver the Internetz you totally just won.”
[GUIDE] Artifice Enhancement Guide (Level 50): Osskask has put together this great guide on endgame Artifice Enhancement.
- JadusTOR: “This is really helpful. It's much easier to find an appropriate enhancement by looking at your breakdown than going down the artifice list mousing over every enhancement until you find a good combo. Thanks.”
Thank you for all of the fun and interesting discussions this week! There are many other great conversations happening in the forums that are not on this list so be sure to look around. Please don’t forget to nominate your favorite threads and events for next week’s Round-Up by posting here!