Community Round-Up: August 22nd, 2012
It’s time for this week’s Community Round-Up. Every week, we highlight some of the most interesting discussions in the community as well as player-created events happening on certain servers in The Old Republic™. While most of these discussions occur on our forums, we also try to look at what people are saying about Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ on other sites whenever we can.
If you have nominations for next week’s Round-Up, please post them in this thread. Please remember the Community Round-Up blog is meant to highlight interesting, productive discussions and server events - not the most talked about forum threads.
Let’s get started!
Get to know the community on your server by participating in player-created events. Below are some occurring this week! Be sure to check out the Server Forums to find other events happening on your server.
- [Canderous Ordo] 1v1 Imperial PvP Tournament: “Sponsored by Torva Nex! This Saturday, August 25, at 4 PM EST, I will be sponsoring a 1v1 tournament on the Imperial side, with a 750k credit prize. No entry fee! No gear needed! Just sign up and show up.”
- [Corellian Run] Open World PvP - Ilum / Sunday, 26 Aug / 8 PM Eastern: “We had a great time last weekend. Let's do it again! We will hit Ilum once again for another round of combat. Opposing forces will meet at their respective bases and move to attack the enemy at some point in the middle. We look forward to some good old fashioned war or organized chaos on Sunday.”
- [Dalborra] Dalborra open World PvP Series: “Hi Guys, I am going to be running a series of Open World PvP events here on Dalborra over 3-4 weeks.”
- [The Harbinger] 4v4 Outlaw's Den Tournament THIS WEEK: “Since tonight's 2v2 Tourney seemed to be a success we've decided to do a 4v4 Tourney during the week. Good days for us are Wednesday the 22nd and Thursday the 23rd. We were thinking of starting at 7PM PST since that seemed to work out well this evening.”
- [Prophecy of the Five] Server Meet n Greet And Guild Rush: “On Friday August 24th at 9:00 East Death's Fist/ will be hosting a Meet n Greet on the Lower Promenade on Nar Shaddaa”
- [Jung Ma] Massive World PvP event: “This is a server wide worldPVP event that Alpha would like to set up and invite anyone able and willing to participate. We plan to have a full ops group of our own, maybe a few more, along with some allied guilds if they wish to show up. We want this to be as even and fair as possible, so we will more than likely not want any more than 50-60 on planet for our side.”
- Starting upload of 100 swtor panoramas... Starting with Alderaan, Balmorra, Belsavis, and the Cantinas. Wallpapers for each panorama as well!: DijonPepperberry has started compiling these gorgeous panoramas of the planets in The Old Republic!
- There were a few images of the Sand People Bloodguard outfit from the Grand Acquisitions Race posted as well! Check out this Trooper and Sniper!
Welcome to the Fan Site Forum!: Eric Musco welcomes everyone to the new public Fan Site Forum! This is where fan sites can not only post their articles, but also communicate with community members on the forums.
How Low Could You Go?: A great thread comparing character levels when completing the Grand Acquisition Race last week. Some of the lowest levels included:
- Ashlaboga: “My lowest was level 18 - Mercenary. Aside from the Rakata Utensil one (level 30 bonus area) it was actually pretty smooth.”
- Skrutt: “I did the whole thing on my 15 Shadow. I dinged 16 on the final turn in. The only part that required me to chain die a lot was the Nar Shada quest where you follow the bounty hunter. The level 30 mobs agroed me from quite a distance there. I did the quest on a total of 6 chars and the 15 was the most fun 8)”
The Companion Dialogue Location Index: iamthehoyden is putting together an index of the trigger locations where companions will comment on what’s going on around them. But they need your help to complete it! Check out the locations the OP has already put together and help them out with providing locations they don’t have yet.
- Iamthehoyden: “I need your help. I'm putting together an index of the trigger locations where our companions comment on something. Common spots are spaceport entrances, cantinas, etc. Some of them are in odd little spots though that you wouldn't expect. I really like these comments - they're fun, give more insight into what our companions are like, and sometimes a little history on the spot.”
- CloudCastle: “Oh! This is so great that you are doing this! It's a big project though. I hope other people can help you fill it out. I'd love to get clips of my favorite companions saying some of the interesting things they say while walking about the world.”
Synthweaving Craftable (Imperial and Republic) Orange Armor Sets Master List: This thread is full of great information for all the synthweavers out there!
- Kaskali: “Thanks for putting this together! Excellent job.”
- Superstaroo: “very good thread just what i was looking for thanks very much!!”
Light side or Dark side story?: Community members discuss which alignment they prefer for the Sith Warrior storyline.
- Jadothan: “I went pure dark side on my IA and it was pure evil, death, and destruction. Ive been going Light Side on my Jugg, mostly to be able to romance Vette. I have nothing to complain about. Its interesting to me how different it feels to save and preserve life, and do good as a sith, quite rebelious. Fun.”
- Darth_Hatine: “Dark side = Darth Vader, thus more epic!”
Thank you for all of the fun and interesting discussions this week! There are many other great conversations happening in the forums that are not on this list so be sure to look around. Please don’t forget to nominate your favorite threads and events for next week’s Round-Up by posting here!