Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Light side or Dark side story?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Light side or Dark side story?

SabreNova
07.31.2012 , 09:37 PM | #1
I've heard the SW story is one of the best in the game, but I was wondering, which story is more interesting?
As I understand it, the Darkside warrior is a pure Sith- Get what you need to know, then get rid of them.
The Lightside warrior seems much more complex-He wants do what is right, only kills when absolutely necessary, all while hiding his true self from his masters/The Emperor.

Both have their strengths, but which one really keeps you hooked on all the way through? Wanted to try LS but don't really know how well it'll really work out in the end for me.

Also, and this is a side note, which AC makes more "sense" during the story-Jugg or Mara? I'm leaning towards making a Mara, but it could go either way. Not looking at PvP or end game ops right now (although I will be eventually, so I want something that will make those easy while making the story enjoyable).

Thanks!
The Skysaber Legacy
Master Nihalus Master Akrizios
Agent BartonCaptain ThatchGladiator Novius

Amien
07.31.2012 , 10:04 PM | #2
Just keep in mind that your role in the story is an enforcer. I rolled a Marauder and got him to 21, but I rerolled as a Jugg and am much happier for it. Personally, jugg feel like an enforcer to me in the intimidating heavy armor (Plus I can use Vetter and Quinn more effectivaly at lower levels.).

I'm 25 right now on my Jugg and have been *Mostly* LS. I have chosen a few DS choices, really I've just been choosing stuff the lets stay an honorable warrior. But I will also manipulate any chance I get ( there are lots) because I am making up for all the manipulating I couldn't do during my Dark V SI story!

It's a little muddled, but I'm REALLY enjoying it!
Quote: Originally Posted by battlebug View Post
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.
New Thread:http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=297

_biddan_
08.01.2012 , 07:10 AM | #3
light side is way more interesting and original,many times you will be remembered of your allignment,the most important part in on the end of act 1,with a completely different dialogue for each allignment.
The Red Eclipse

Caesar Legacy
Legacy lvl 50

Jadothan
08.01.2012 , 11:33 AM | #4
I went pure dark side on my IA and it was pure evil, death, and destruction. Ive been going Light Side on my Jugg, mostly to be able to romance Vette. I have nothing to complain about. Its interesting to me how different it feels to save and preserve life, and do good as a sith, quite rebelious. Fun.

yoomazir
08.01.2012 , 03:12 PM | #5
LS is quite surprising in a goo way, not only it makes your SW act like a non-dumb jedi, but it also benefits the Empire in the long run.
Think of him as a good version of Darth Malgus.

Amien
08.02.2012 , 09:04 PM | #6
Do you miss out on anything cool in particular if you don't go Dark Side?
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.

Kframe
08.03.2012 , 06:12 AM | #7
My question is, I was at the story point at the
Spoiler

So ya id love some clarification there. So far my character does get annoyed and show anger when people try to bribe him or ask him to murder kittens, but im curious about how this dialog choice would have played out.

Amien
08.03.2012 , 07:51 AM | #8
Once thing you can do, which I do during the really good sections like these is press "esc" at the very end of the cut scene and try them all. :P

Spoiler

One thing I want to know, is that if you are DS, do you get reprimanded for not being LS?

Domiinick
08.03.2012 , 08:35 AM | #9
I can't say I've seen much of darkside, except from other players, but.. in my opinion, the LS sith warrior has one of -the- best stories in the game.

You feel like some kind of samurai, trapped by shackles of a Darth, and try to escape them, -and- make the empire a better place. I friggin' love it.
"Faith consists in believing when it is beyond the power of reason to believe. " - Voltaire

DiLune
08.03.2012 , 02:16 PM | #10
You can romance Vette as DS just fine. Keep in mind, while she doesn't love killing for the sake of killing, she is all about killing people who deserve it and copious amounts of extortion.