Community Round-Up: November 16th, 2012
It’s time for the Community Round-Up. Each week, we scour the forums, fan sites, and reddit, finding some of the most interesting discussions in the community as well as player-created events happening on certain servers in The Old Republic™.
If you have nominations for next week’s Round-Up, please post them in this thread. Please remember the Community Round-Up blog is meant to highlight interesting, productive discussions and server events - not the most talked about forum threads.
Let’s get started!
Get to know the community on your server by participating in player-created events. Below are some occurring this week! Be sure to take a look at the Server Forums to find other events happening on your individual server.
- [Begeren Colony] Join the RP community!: “Hello ladies and gentle-beings, I just wanted to take a moment to welcome all the newcomer's to the game due to free to play and welcome back all those that are returning!”
- [Begeren Colony] Dark Jedi Order End of the Month PVP Event!!: “We at Dark Jedi Order (DJO) would like to cordially invite all of you to a hopefully huge pvp event. There is no date or location set as this is a post to see the interest level. We are offering 5 million credits split up among the winners. We will split all of the players up into brackets based on your level. For instance if your level 14, you will fight players 10-14 or 14-19 or 20 depending on the player available. All level 50's will be put within the same bracket to compete. The winnings for example will depend on how many players show, as well as how many brackets as I've stated.”
- [Begeren Colony] Bounty Hunting Acqusition list - FOR RPING: “Welcome to the Bounty Hunters board. This board is for posting bounties on players on either faction. It is maintained by the Hutt cartel which maintains full neutrality. Bounty’s posted on here are for real in-game credits. You complete the bounty you will get the credits. Please note this is a system that may be in flux. Some things might work some might now. We are all to work together.”
- [Dalborra] Dueling Tournament hosted by SnX: “Duelling Tournament. Firstly I think that it's great that we are organising this and I believe that we can improve on the last event. One area we can improve on is transparency for all so that competitors know what they are fighting for from the beginning and that the rules are clear. My idea for the competition is that you first have 8 competitions, 1 between each advanced class, with the top two of each AC going into the grand tournament at the end. The grand tournament at the end would then feature 16 of the best pvpers on the server with all classes represented.”
- [Jedi Covenant] Torva Nex's 2v2 PVP Tournament: “Lets See Who Our Servers Best Pvpers Are! Imperial and Republic forces are welcome. NO gear restrictions”
- [Jung Ma] [Weekly Event] Discounted Drinks at the Voss-Ka Cantina! Hosted by <Esoteric Order>: “Come out to the Voss-Ka cantina to enjoy some cantina RP with <Esoteric Order> every Thursday night at 8PM EST. All factions and levels are welcome to come! Come talk with your own circle of friends in a Roleplay environment, or make new friends! Enemies can also be made if you're less friendly!”
- [Jung Ma] Ranked Warzone Nights -- TUE/THU @ 8PM-12AM EST: “I am calling for all guilds to queue for ranked warzones every Tuesday and Thursday evening from 9PM EST to 12AM EST!”
- [The Ebon Hawk] <Hex> for Hire: World RP-PVP Event: “<Hex> is available for hire to help Imperials get the items they need for obtaining HK. Don't go to Smuggler's Den alone! Message me or seek out other <Hex> squad members. When you hire <Hex>, you hire the best!”
- [The Ebon Hawk] The Ebon Hawk Bounty Board: “Hello everyone. I'm AlyxDinas of the Mantell Syndicate. Back on Lord Adraas, I ran a player bounty board which offered missions for IC open world PvP and even PvE. The original idea came from my friend Darth_Slaine, an Ebon Hawk player. He ran his own board as well for a time.With his permission, I've been allowed to continue the process. All participation is optional but it can lead to some really interested and suspenseful RP. I monitor the board close, keep it updated often, and generally do my best to provide a fun little "game" for people to participate in.”
- [The Harbinger] +10 Datacron Friday November 16th 9 PM ET/6 PM PT: “Delusions of Grandeur is putting on a +10 datacron run on the Republic side this Friday at 9 PM Eastern / 6 PM Pacific.”
- Let me tell you a story…: The talented Sared has crafted this poem about their Smuggler.
- My new sarcastic buddy: Sifora shows off their new companion, HK-51!
- Got the Mask of Nihilus on second cartel pack. Is it really that rare?: Lost_ was lucky enough to receive the rare Mask of Nihilus from a pack from the Cartel Market.
- Free to play tips and tricks: A list of some great tips for our new Free-to-Play players!
Fan Site Spotlight
- F2P & Future content interview with developer Damion Schubert: Dulfy interviewed Lead Designer Damion Schubert about our new Free-to-Play option and future changes coming to the game after Game Update 1.5.
What is your Favourite Speeder?: AshlaBoga asks the community what’s to name some of their favorite speeders in the game. Some of your answers included:
- MidichIorian: “The broken one from the world event on Nar Shaddaa. The only downside is that it's not as fast as the other speeders.”
- Anysao: “Depends what mood I'm in. I love the Tirsa elite. I got it from Karagga SM a long time ago. It just looks like a piece f junk a hutt would use, but it's cool at the same time. Does that make sense? And, of course, I want that avalanche tank!! Too bad I don't have a guild for Nightmare mode Explosive conflict.”
Replayable storyline: Shaladin asks which class story the community thinks is the most replayable – without sharing too many spoilers! Below are some of your answers:
- Kalistea: “I would say imperial agent, the story can take a very different turn depending on your alignment. And also your gender, I'm leveling a male agent now and he definitely has way more flirting opportunities than my female agent”
- Khayleth: “Trooper has a significant number of differences based on the path you take between Light and Dark.”
Thank you for all of the fun and interesting discussions this week! There are many other great conversations happening in the forums that are not on this list so be sure to look around. Please don’t forget to nominate your favorite threads and events for next week’s Round-Up by posting here!