Galactic Seasons - Where's the credit unlock?

Screaming_Ziva

On PTS you were able to buy Galactic Season level unlocks with credits. Now, that option is gone and it's only a cartel coin unlock? What happened?!?

LOL trash update is trash.

Get PVP objectives if you hate PVP, can only bypass through spending real money, all to 'earn' another companion to add to the dozens of useless companions that never get used.

Edited by DawnAskham

It's not active at the start of the season:

From the bottom of this post: https://www.swtor.com/info/news/article/20210318

Catch-Up with Credits - As the Galactic Season progresses, players will have the ability to skip Reward Levels using Credits in an effort to “Catch-Up”. This Catch-Up system is based on an “expected average cadence” determined by the system, allowing players who fall behind to access this progression method. As such, it will not be immediately available at the start of the Season, but rather appear as the Season continues for eligible players. For the duration of the season, each Catch-Up credit skip will exponentially increase the cost of the next one. For example, if the first credit skip cost 150,000 credits, the next one would be 335,000 credits, and so on. This is a valuable option for players with credits to spend who either feel that they are falling behind in their progress or come into a Season well underway.

Jump Ahead with Cartel Coins - As soon as the Galactic Season starts, players will be able to jump ahead in their progression by skipping Reward Levels with Cartel Coins. This is a fixed cost per skip, meaning the cost for a player to skip their first Reward Level is the same cost as them skipping their tenth Reward Level. This is a valuable option for players who want to gain an edge on their progression or anticipate being away from the game for a few days.

Regardless of the method, these level skips can only be done in sequential order. A player at Reward Level 10 can immediately skip to level 50, but will need to purchase all Reward Levels in-between as well (Reward Levels 11-49).

• Dev Post

Hi everyone,

As mentioned in the Galactic Seasons article “as the season progresses, a catch-up system will unlock, allowing players to spend in-game credits to catch up on season levels” meaning that the Catch Up feature is not yet active. We intend on enabling this mechanic in 30 days to give players a chance to fully experience Galactic Seasons.

It's not active at the start of the season:

From the bottom of this post: https://www.swtor.com/info/news/article/20210318

Appreciate the assist on answering the OP's question!

Hi everyone,

[...]

We intend on enabling this mechanic in 30 days to give players a chance to fully experience Galactic Seasons.

I think what you meant was "...to give players a chance to fully experience the grind required to complete a single level"

;)

Edited by agnahim

We intend on enabling this mechanic in 30 days to give players a chance to fully experience Galactic Seasons.

Meanwhile of course you totally don't mind that players can skip this experience with using Cartel Coins since day 1. Gotta love your double standards, Bioware.

LOL trash update is trash.

Get PVP objectives if you hate PVP, can only bypass through spending real money, all to 'earn' another companion to add to the dozens of useless companions that never get used.

** Spend real money ??

** Get the reward of a non interactive (but "gifted" companion).

Looks like I called that one !!

BTW... I WONT be doing PvP and I WONT be paying out any cash !!!

If BW wants more money out of me ... it will be as a result of more (and better ) content !!

Edited by OlBuzzard

• 4 weeks later...
Hi everyone,

As mentioned in the Galactic Seasons article “as the season progresses, a catch-up system will unlock, allowing players to spend in-game credits to catch up on season levels” meaning that the Catch Up feature is not yet active. We intend on enabling this mechanic in 30 days to give players a chance to fully experience Galactic Seasons.

Appreciate the assist on answering the OP's question!

Hi Jackie, any update regarding the catch-up mechanic?

** Spend real money ??

** Get the reward of a non interactive (but "gifted" companion).

Looks like I called that one !!

BTW... I WONT be doing PvP and I WONT be paying out any cash !!!

If BW wants more money out of me ... it will be as a result of more (and better ) content !!

Geez Buzzard, relax already, ol' timer!

You don't have to participate in GS at all.

Now that I spent "real money" on CC** to get the Fleet Apartment, I don't do any PvP or GSF either.

The companion is mostly just a pain in the butt, as I keep having to summon him to get rid of those 'gifts' for him (it?).

Basically, I do POs while waiting for GF to pop (or decorate the apartment). No worries, no stress. 😇

** about $25 CDN - not much more than I spend on lunch every day. 🙂

Edited by JediQuaker

• Dev Post
Hi Jackie, any update regarding the catch-up mechanic?

Hi artoodetoo,

The credit catch up is still intended to go live 30 days after Game Update 6.3, so it is currently targeted for May 27th.

Anyone know how much 100 CC goes for in credits on the Galactic Season scoreboard?

Get a sneaky suspicion its going to be very expensive way to get some ranks up.

The 100 CC price stays static for each level. For credits, the price increases every level. These were the prices I saw on the PTS when I used credits to skip forward:

Level 4 to 54 cost 651,875,000 credits

Level 55 to 95 cost 9,584,206,848 credits

I don't know if the same prices will be on live but that's what they were on the PTS.

Edited by Screaming_Ziva

Hi artoodetoo,

The credit catch up is still intended to go live 30 days after Game Update 6.3, so it is currently targeted for May 27th.

Well that's the credit sink question addressed, any chance the numerous concerns expressed about GS can also be responded to?

Hi artoodetoo,

Hi Jackie,

Any chance we’ll get a dev post with the break down costs in the next day or so? Would like to be able to plan out my credit requirements and do some maths 😁

If the prices stay the same as it was in PTS many players are going to be broke or unable to afford the insane credit cost, if they are only on the first few pages (up to token 3) Edited by Daynja

If the prices stay the same as it was in PTS many players are going to be broke or unable to afford the insane credit cost, if they are only on the first few pages (up to token 3)

That's the intention I'm afraid.

Pay the CC unlock (buy it with real money) or unlock them with insane amount of credits most players don't have.

Or, you know, actually play the game and do the priority objectives.

I mean, I can do that, in one server at least.

But how about people who:

-Don't do PvP.

-Don't do GSF.

-Can't/Don't do Operations.

That's about half of the PO. That's very inclusive I guess?

-Don't have time to play everyday.

-Have very little time to play.

How do they do the things they actually want to do if they waste all their time on PO?

When the majority of people say they don't like a system, the system is flawed. It's not a matter of "you can choose to not doing it", it's a matter of "this system sucks".

I mean, I can do that, in one server at least.

But how about people who:

-Don't do PvP.

-Don't do GSF.

-Can't/Don't do Operations.

That's about half of the PO. That's very inclusive I guess?

-Don't have time to play everyday.

-Have very little time to play.

How do they do the things they actually want to do if they waste all their time on PO?

When the majority of people say they don't like a system, the system is flawed. It's not a matter of "you can choose to not doing it", it's a matter of "this system sucks".

All I am saying is that you forgot to list that playing the game is another very valid form of getting those levels and the main motivator behind Galactic Seasons. Your comment sounded like you have to pay in order to get those rewards. Paying with CC or Credits is just a shortcut for those who can't or won't do that content, either because they don't have the time or because they don't like to play.

Unless you are really suggesting a third way for the players that neither want to work nor pay for those rewards, which I would find rather odd.

Edited by Phazonfreak

All I am saying is that you forgot to list that playing the game is another very valid form of getting those levels and the main motivator behind Galactic Seasons. Your comment sounded like you have to pay in order to get those rewards. Paying with CC or Credits is just a shortcut for those who can't or won't do that content, either because they don't have the time or because they don't like to play.

If only it wasn’t bugged as well on top of all the other issues. Bioware are really quick to make changes to conquest to kill off crafting. But can’t fix GS bugs that will potentially cost players CC or credits. It feels like they are dragging their feet.

If only it wasn’t bugged as well on top of all the other issues. Bioware are really quick to make changes to conquest to kill off crafting. But can’t fix GS bugs that will potentially cost players CC or credits. It feels like they are dragging their feet.

That is a different matter and I totally agree that Galactic Seasons is marred by the many bugs and inconsistencies that plague the different objectives and rewards. Unfortunately, it speaks for the overall lack of quality assurance for new content/mechanics most probably due to the reduced staff that is working on the game.

Edited by Phazonfreak

On PTS you were able to buy Galactic Season level unlocks with credits. Now, that option is gone and it's only a cartel coin unlock? What happened?!?

On the PTS, there were no credit sellers. 🤔

BW would probably prefer you to spend r/l money on their CC rather than some random credit seller - and you just know that that's what would happen. 😇

Or, you know, actually play the game and do the priority objectives.

It is strange how the only options ppl seem to consider are the buyouts; playing the game doesn’t even come in at third place! Unbelievable.

Edited by mike_carton