Merge 'The Bastion' with some other server.

Hello community !

I just came back from a 4 months break I took from the game. The last time I played (February 2016) there was an average of 100/150 people online (on Fleet) in the rush hour (mostly on weekends / saturday night).

I knew that the population was dropping, but I never thought that it will be that lower as I saw last night.

So, last night, (saturday night) when always was the critical time of being online, with 100/150 people online on fleet, with pop of WZ, FP every 5 minutes, 3 or 4 groups looking for people to do an ops and more...

But, OH BOY I WAS SURPRISED. :eek:

Only 10/15 people on fleet (which 3 were bots spammers) :(

So, I was thinking (and ASKING) to Bioware/EA (and the people who still plays in 'The Bastion) to merge this server with another one for more population (for example 'The Harbringer').

It's just an idea and I would like to know what you guys (people who still plays in the server) think. I really hope you agree with me and make it happen.

More post about this topic:

Petition: Cross Server Queue/Server Merge must happen, & not Server Transfer of 90cc. - by JE-BLAZAR-

Did The Bastion die? - by OPRaider

The Bastion Status as a Server - by apinson

Possible Server Merge? - by TimesChampion

SEARCH IN FORUM: MERGE

Thanks for reading!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They need to merge all the existing servers together and call it a day. There's not enough pop to support multiple servers any longer. They can call it a "megaserver" so they don't have to lose too much face.

Hell no, they disrespect players that favor the Republic and boast too much about the empire, EVERY week. Nuh uh, they can just stay there and call us "Care bears" for all I care. They can just mince each other in a empire versus empire match for eternity. A.k.a. Hell. Edited by Clone_Enforcer

Hate to tell you but Bioware WILL NOT merge servers. They have this thing called Server Transfer, that you pay cartel coins for that allow you to move to another server. They make money off this. Why would they merge servers, transferring you for free, when their is an option already out there for you to move on your own and makes more money for them?

They already had the price discounted for a long period and then did it again for a short period so it's unfortunate that you missed out on that deal. Who knows, they might put it on sale again sometime in the future.

As for you being on Bastion, my condolences. I too had 16 chars on that server and held out as long as I could. When those server transfers went on sale, I ended up moving all my chars to Harbinger.

The only reason not to merge everything into a single NA East Coast server and NA West Coast Server is the bad publicity associated with server merges. However, BioWare can only maintain the ludicrous status quo so long before they spin it as a "technology upgrade" that allows more shards on each server and do it. There is not enough population on the dead servers and consolidating the population into NA East, NA West, EU English, EU German, and EU French will benefit everyone immensely when they finally do it.

Damn... guys... after this post we should stop posting about server merges, this guy sums it all up on why we should stay on our dead servers.

Then get of your backside and move yourself to another server. If you are stuck on dead server that's your issue, your problem and your fault not mine.

Then get of your backside and move yourself to another server. If you are stuck on dead server that's your issue, your problem and your fault not mine.

Yep... nothing like paying the price of up to the price of 6 AAA games with change just for fair and equal services as other people!

Yep... nothing like paying the price of up to the price of 6 AAA games with change just for fair and equal services as other people!

Total BS peter and you know it. you had 10 months to change servers at just 90cc plus one free transfer week and then yet I extra week on top of that at 90cc. You get more than enough CC per month as a sub to move. You can start on an other server free, you don't even have to transfer and more to the point you seem more than happy to force other to move who don't want to.

I am just about sick to death of you. Just as well I can ignore you from now on with the touch on a single button. After almost 4 year of been on here you're the first..

Total BS peter and you know it. you had 10 months to change servers at just 90cc plus one free transfer week and then yet I extra week on top of that at 90cc. You get more than enough CC per month as a sub to move. You can start on an other server free, you don't even have to transfer and more to the point you seem more than happy to force other to move who don't want to.

I am just about sick to death of you. Just as well I can ignore you from now on with the touch on a single button. After almost 4 year of been on here you're the first..

I myself moved my lonely sniper off the once flourishing ... err... decent population of Bastion, but returning players will be unaware of the sale and be stuck their. I want these players to feel connected to the community, to experience a activity they enjoy with others without paying their way off for equal services as others.

I don't agree with moving to another server, starting ALL over, losing EVERYTHING I have worked for since playing the game. The characters I feel attached to, the ones I molded into honorable heroes that fight for the weak, not for money, not for blood, but for those who can't. Losing all of my raiding gear... achievements... all of that... and possibly my guild is to much imo. I would know I would never pick up battlefield 4 again knowing that all 400 hours of my progress I worked for would be instantly reset. All of those memories with me and my wonderful AEK overlord and G18 mini god ... gone :(.

If you think im trolling of course put me on ignore, if you believe me to be baiting, flaming, then do what you will if you believe im toxic. I know my humor doesn't apply over the internet... and if it does it probably isn't to funny... but I try my best to not be toxic.

What about the new player that rolls a toon on POT5, Bastian, Jung, or Bergerean? After they try the game out and nothing works like GSF, PVP, Weekly FPs, etc etc etc because the server is a ghost town. So gain 1000cc from some irate player who is forced into moving his toons, or in most cases the veteran players says, F this BS game and rage quits. Or the new p[layer who tries it on any of those 4 servers and says F this BS game, nothing works and there is nobody to help me quest, or nobody to make any group content work with.

Either way your attitude is wrong. Bioware is 100% wrong for how they are handling this dead servers issue and frankly it is disgusting to watch. They should be ashamed of themselves and embarrassed. But arrogantly they are not or at least don't seem to be. No offence but people like you are just as much of the problem as this pile of trash company who thinks its funny to spit in the face of its paying customers.

What about the new player that rolls a toon on POT5, Bastian, Jung, or Bergerean? After they try the game out and nothing works like GSF, PVP, Weekly FPs, etc etc etc because the server is a ghost town. So gain 1000cc from some irate player who is forced into moving his toons, or in most cases the veteran players says, F this BS game and rage quits. Or the new p[layer who tries it on any of those 4 servers and says F this BS game, nothing works and there is nobody to help me quest, or nobody to make any group content work with.

Either way your attitude is wrong. Bioware is 100% wrong for how they are handling this dead servers issue and frankly it is disgusting to watch. They should be ashamed of themselves and embarrassed. But arrogantly they are not or at least don't seem to be. No offence but people like you are just as much of the problem as this pile of trash company who thinks its funny to spit in the face of its paying customers.

I can usually see where BW is at least coming from in their decisions but their oft-silence and occasional blips like the "better than x-server" outbursts is mystifying to me. We've already had 2 merges in the past; they worked. Obviously some things with the current transfer system would have to be worked out: guilds, ships, strongholds, outfits and names (some people have paid for name changes - shouldn't have to be forced to do that again - the name system itself should be updated) but I can't believe those are showstoppers. It's been obvious to many that several servers have needed a merge for almost 2 years now (and we first heard that "better than x-server" in Oct 14)...

I am almost positive that the conditions on POT5, JM, Bastion and other servers have cost BW a lot of players - many don't know about server transfers and most don't read forums: how would they know where to transfer to when literally half the NA servers are embarrassingly bad choices right now (for anything other than running solo story content). And even when they hear about transfers and know they are cheap, many will not bother, they'll just quit. Merges in the past stopped sub hemorrhaging and gave the game new life for many people. Even servers like TEH which is the #2 server in the US are showing cracks in things like HM q times, Gree event participation and pvp q times for non 65s.

They need to merge all the existing servers together and call it a day. There's not enough pop to support multiple servers any longer. They can call it a "megaserver" so they don't have to lose too much face.
I support this. If that is technically possible.

There not much chance of a merge so soon after a Transfer sale. If people paid real money for a transfer, then Bioware merged the servers right after, there would be a good legal case for getting refunds, and I'm sure everyone is aware that EA isn't going to give anyone their money back if they can help it.

Keep posting these requests all you want, though. {I'm sure EA is looking out for your interests over their own.}

Edited by CrazyCT

There not much chance of a merge so soon after a Transfer sale. If people paid real money for a transfer, then Bioware merged the servers right after, there would be a good legal case for getting refunds, and I'm sure everyone is aware that EA isn't going to give anyone their money back if they can help it.

Keep posting these requests all you want, though. {I'm sure EA is looking out for your interests over their own.}

Crazy, common. Stop, just stop. There is no "legal case" for a refund. Stop this mild subtle troll bit your playing. The TOS is clear that by playing this game you have zero, naddda, zip legal right for anything. They cover their azzes very well in the TOS. Now stop trying to justify the actions of a company who clearly is on some sort of a kamikaze mission with this game. There is a reason why this disgusting company is not server merging/ mega server this game. And getting sued is not one of them.

They should just merge servers and make empire and republic together and call it a day ... all servers are empire dominated republic is almost non existant... makes sense story wise aswell to just merge them together, one big fleet