Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Bastion Status as a Server

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > The Bastion
The Bastion Status as a Server

apinson
06.09.2016 , 05:08 PM | #1
The Bastion is dying a slow and painful death; although the speed of that is increasing every day. I’m not really sure of the reason, but something has motivated people to stop playing or leave. I know a while back “PVP” players were leaving and going to the Harbinger; this included individuals and entire guilds. Those…experienced players …now found the server lacking; war zones, flash points, and operations are few and far between. I have noticed hours clicking by before a war zone pops, and there was a time when it was almost immediate.

I have taken some liberty to identify some problems:

• Resources that players would lose if they chose to transfer servers
o Strongholds
o Flagships
o Other toons currently in their inventory that are used to…augment…their legacy
o Financial investment(s) made towards Bastion legacies
o Player and legacy names should you choose to leave
• Subscription
o War Zones
o Flash points
o Operations
• The cost of transferring toon to other servers has just increased about ten times what it had been a short time ago

As a result I have talked to a number of guild masters and countless players, who by and large, recognize these problems; although it’s worth mentioning that this is not an inclusive list. Those players who happen to disagree…by and large…have been players who started to play recently, and therefore don’t recall the good old days. Said differently, a player can’t miss what a player has never experienced.

In an attempt to play nicely, I have made several complaints directly to SWTOR, but to date they have failed to react meaningfully. My suggestion to all players who choose to stay on the server…like me…is to let your subscriptions laps. Honestly, I don’t see the benefits of purchasing a product when the services offered are not being delivered. Moreover, there is nothing to be lost, or gained, as preferred members as long as the status quo is upheld. I also suggest that each player individually complain.

As to potential solutions…I suggest combining servers, and increasing the number of players by consolidating the ones who are still interested in the game.

Your thoughts,
Ephesiansixelev, Guild Master of Confrontation

apinson
06.09.2016 , 05:14 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by apinson View Post
The Bastion is dying a slow and painful death; although the speed of that is increasing every day. I’m not really sure of the reason, but something has motivated people to stop playing or leave. I know a while back “PVP” players were leaving and going to the Harbinger; this included individuals and entire guilds. Those…experienced players …now found the server lacking; war zones, flash points, and operations are few and far between. I have noticed hours clicking by before a war zone pops, and there was a time when it was almost immediate.

o Strongholds
o Flagships
o Other toons currently in their inventory that are used to…augment…their legacy
• Subscription
o War Zones
o Flash points
o Operations
• The cost of transferring toon to other servers has just increased about ten times what it had been a short time ago

As a result I have talked to a number of guild masters and countless players, who by and large, recognize these problems; although it’s worth mentioning that this is not an inclusive list. Those players who happen to disagree…by and large…have been players who started to play recently, and therefore don’t recall the good old days. Said differently, a player can’t miss what a player has never experienced.

In an attempt to play nicely, I have made several complaints directly to SWTOR, but to date they have failed to react meaningfully. My suggestion to all players who choose to stay on the server…like me…is to let your subscriptions laps. Honestly, I don’t see the benefits of purchasing a product when the services offered are not being delivered. Moreover, there is nothing to be lost, or gained, as preferred members as long as the status quo is upheld. I also suggest that each player individually complain.

As to potential solutions…I suggest combining servers, and increasing the number of players by consolidating the ones who are still interested in the game.

Your thoughts,
In any operation, whether planning …or…executing, you can never count on luck; but you have to recognize it, and accept it, when it’s there.
-Major Jim G. Pinson, U-2 Pilot/Instructor

BRKMSN
06.10.2016 , 02:53 PM | #3
A couple points ...

When you transfer a toon from one server to another, the highest legacy takes over at the destination server. So if you transfer a legacy level 50 character from the Bastion to Harbinger, your legacy will travel (it will still be alive and well on the sorce server as well) with that toon in all its glory --- unless you already have a legacy at level 50 there.

Legacy names are not unique. You can choose whatever name you like, whether someone else already has it or not.

That being said, I strongly support server mergers. Instances have replaced the need for multiple servers in one region (west coast / east coast).

Server mergers were done in the past. When the writing was on the wall that they were needed, Bioware initially told us they wouldn't force them (server transfers) on people, but would offer free transfers to those that wanted them. But a few months later, they "changed" their stance and moved everybody to one of a handful of destination servers. They just recently enabled generic instances (PvP/PvE), increased the letter limit in character names and allowed the use of a single space in names as well. Clearly, the intent was to allow for more character movement to populated servers. I'm sure mergers are coming down the road, but they may be trying to come up with a way to manage guild resources in mergers or they are just waiting to see how many people are willing to keep paying to move.

It will be some time, so just enjoy not having to wait for respawn timers very often until they finally do what needs to be done.

leoprietobombero
06.26.2016 , 01:09 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by BRKMSN View Post
That being said, I strongly support server mergers. Instances have replaced the need for multiple servers in one region (west coast / east coast).
I'm with you. I really hope that they merge 'The Bastion' with some other server for more population.
Thread: MERGE 'THE BASTION' WITH SOME OTHER SERVER!

Sanity is a prison. Let madness release you.

nedbeverage
07.10.2016 , 12:21 PM | #5
I left. Quit the game. I'll check back every now and then to see if my server has merged. It's the only thing that would bring me back to the game.

BarronWasteland
07.17.2016 , 08:17 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by apinson View Post

o Strongholds
o Flagships
• Subscription
o War Zones
o Flash points
o Operations

Your thoughts,
I agree whole heartily, The main reason I play is PVP and the que times are totally unacceptable. And then when you do get one its a 6 on 7 match I too have complained several times and have received only crickets chirping in response.
Barron Wasteland
/__R_e_d___D_r_a_g_o_n___P_l_a_t_o_o_n__\

- The most interesting man in the Universe. -

SWGVet
07.19.2016 , 05:34 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by nedbeverage View Post
I left. Quit the game. I'll check back every now and then to see if my server has merged. It's the only thing that would bring me back to the game.
Same here. Agreed.
Dhath
The Bastion
Sith Marauder

KaFrikenBOOM
07.29.2016 , 07:05 AM | #8
Light v Dark event has stalled because I cant get any valor here.
in the time its taken to level a new toon I have contently been Queuing for PVP and have not had 1 warzone.
Flashpoints are ok but no PVP
Grrrr

ITHOMASI
08.21.2016 , 07:52 AM | #9
Hello, Team,

It's been over 3 years I play swtor, since I put my first signature I am always renewing. The problem is that I play in The Bastion, I'm paying to annoy me, because promoting transfer did die one server that was populous. See the irony, I am leader of the guild, Paladinus Libertatis, our focus is PvP, we are in a PvP server, but warzones are rare here, have time to start and end. Now look at the server The Harbinger, PvE server, setting warzones matches all the time. I'm paying to not play and I'm losing my guilders that are leaving the game or a few that have resource are experiencing other servers. We have many players without condition to pay 1000cc to transfer their characters. Now answer me! It is worth keeping empty servers? You do not care about the service who signs the game? Or me and my guild will have to choose another game, like many swtor players are already doing ...

There will be merge? Will unify the queues inter-server? Or will they keep losing players?

Master Thoomas, leader of Paladinus Libertatis.

Jamtas
08.22.2016 , 12:00 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by ITHOMASI View Post
Hello, Team,

It's been over 3 years I play swtor, since I put my first signature I am always renewing. The problem is that I play in The Bastion, I'm paying to annoy me, because promoting transfer did die one server that was populous. See the irony, I am leader of the guild, Paladinus Libertatis, our focus is PvP, we are in a PvP server, but warzones are rare here, have time to start and end. Now look at the server The Harbinger, PvE server, setting warzones matches all the time. I'm paying to not play and I'm losing my guilders that are leaving the game or a few that have resource are experiencing other servers. We have many players without condition to pay 1000cc to transfer their characters. Now answer me! It is worth keeping empty servers? You do not care about the service who signs the game? Or me and my guild will have to choose another game, like many swtor players are already doing ...

There will be merge? Will unify the queues inter-server? Or will they keep losing players?

Master Thoomas, leader of Paladinus Libertatis.
The designation of pve and pvp server have been gone for some time. The swap to make them all the same ruined bastion. if all else was equal, people went to the server with the larger population and pvp designated servers were always lighter than pve.
the more things change, the more they stay the same.

Peace out.