Petition: Cross Server Queue/Server Merge must happen, & not Server Transfer of 90cc.

-JE-BLAZAR-

Hello my dear fellow players, and hello dear Bioware,

We all saw some commotion past few weeks about the health of the game + the health of the smaller servers, and this lead people from small servers leaving in panick to large populated servers.

My dear people, this server transferring is not the solution, neither for you, the game, or bioware. It is only a temporary solution.

And the suggestion to do for 1 week 90cc Server Transfers, will make matters only worse.

Why is Server Transferring not at all the Solution?

Reason 1: The game will always attract new people, even afther this 1 week 90cc, + some people will always unable to move, this leads to even a bigger problem for all those people in the weeks afther this will happen.

> These smaller servers will die even more out, it will lead that others pay afther that 1000cc again or just simply quit the game, they people who started it all abandon their fellow remaining players and make things only more worse for them.

Reason 2: If we all keep Transferring servers, we get as an result half empty servers with thousands of inactive characters/flagships/strongholds, splitted guilds, ruined friendships, broken GTN, etc. (A lot of drama).

> I agree with this with Opaknack: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=881730&page=43

Reason 3: This all leads to angry costumers who would likely not resubscribe, leading that EA-Bioware will loose an large amount of income. These players who come to these servers get often a serious negative impression of the game.

> Server Transferring is not affordable for everyone, even the 90 cc.

Reason 4: Loosing players/income will probably lead that there is less money to make new future content for the game. So if the game is seriously affected by people transferring, there is less chance we will ever see new KOTFE seasons or new Endgame content, what is planned perhaps for us in the future.

Reason 5: Bioware servers seem to be at the moment not ready to handle now everyone on 1 server, so going to 1 server now will probably lead to an laggy server for you, once more people start playing the game (perhaps later this year). --> ((Perhaps during the new movie hype or the chapter 16 hype.))

> It seems bioware prefers us players to spread out, that is why they made the 90 cc price when a lot of people started playing, and stopped doing so, when they found out people suddenly in huge amounts moved to populated servers.

> This is speculative, but all signs are there I think, I would like though, that Bioware offcially states to us what their intentions are what they prefer we do, so we get more clarity.

Reason 6: If all people keep transferring and make this mess for the small servers and if Bioware does not seem to be able to fix these problems:

--> making a cross server system (linking GTN & queue for PVE/PVP/GSF) or merging servers

--> then the game itself, can have less years to live, and you all can enjoy less years of the game what you could otherwise normally have.

Why a Cross Server System?

I think we all (Bioware and Players) like this game and like this game to be an community where we all can enjoy immersing ourselves with the Star Wars universe what we all love, without to worry about Queue times and GTN Prices.

So in order to solve this problem, Bioware I urge you to, take action.

To make a Cross server system for (GTN, PVE, PVP, GSF) for the game, and if it fails and is to much of an job and merging servers is easier, then merge servers.

I advice to make the cross server system and not merge servers, in this way you avoid the trouble to make software:

1. For guildstrongholds to be transferred,

2. To force people to redecorate their homes,

3. Loose outfits from outfit designer,

4. People loosing their Character names,

5. And it avoids people, who like quiet servers, to be not forced into joining high populated servers.

Once we have a cross server system then people can freely choose the server where they feel at home, and can be everywhere happy in the game without the feeling they loose an good GTN or good queues for pve and pvp.

See what works best Bioware, you can make as example for the GTN/PVP/PVE/GSF:

a.: 1 Cross server system for the entire game

b: or 1 for Europe & 1 for USA

c: or 3 for Europe (1 for every language) and 2 for the USA (east and west coast).

Try it out and let us know how you guys think about this proposal.

The option A, B, & C, are all better then we have now in the game.

What happened and what must you do?

In the mean time we players, and mostly experienced players, must do our part to make things better.

1. Try to stop transferring.

2. Try to stop being lazy :rolleyes: and try making groups for PVE/PVP for your fellow players.

3. Try to inform also new people what the game is about and what you can do.

> If you find this too much work then there is an easy solution to this, post in your ''guild description''/ ''message of the day'' a message to inform new players to visit ''swtorista's video-guides on youtube''. It really helps a lot.

> Swtorista made some excellent guides for new people, almost everytime people subbed when I showed these videos to new f2p players.

# Let new people know how much fun content there is in the game. Hopefully in this way we can make a difference, and make nice communities again where people can thrive and have fun.

# We always struggled around this time of year, and like every year we always got grumpy about it, but we did our best to have a good time in those years. Although this year saw much more a drop of people then other years but we could have made it the same like last years, shame that the 90cc Server Transfer messed up things and people saw that as an solution to their problem. If 90 cc Server Transfers was not around in the game this year then we would probably not posting threads like this one on the forums and more talk and complain that the game population dropped so much lately.

The differences of this year compared to other years is:

1. We have for a long time no new ops for endgame, to entertain old players, and operation bosses where bugged for 2 months, and is luckily now mostly fixed so far I know, unfortuantely the damage is done, and this made people stop playing 1 by 1 a lot in the past 6 months.

2. KOTFE chapters are good and fun, but too easy (with no in game option to increase difficulty setting) and too short for most people on a monthly basis, so a lot of those people left the game last 1-3 months and they probably plan to come back later this year with chapter 16.

3. The Star Wars Episode 8 movie hype is more or less over.

4. And most importantly because of the reasons I described above, so far I know 3/4 of the people who played swtor left the game last few months. Everyone can guess that having 90 cc Server Transfers available in a time like this, made things worse and a year very ''different'' compared to other years. It was not smart to let this be available for a long time in times like this in the game, and it is good bioware stepped in.

5. It seems, people took matters in their own hands.

But it is a very impulsive act to do server transfers with these situations, without thinking about what your actions lead to the future of the game.

Do not lure yourself with transferring, you enjoy perhaps the game again, but it is for you only + all others on that server, and you abandon and hurt (new/returning) people who are perhaps just like you and do not give them the same chance to thrive and enjoy the game as you did on those other servers.

So I ask you to stop transferring and try to buildup things, instead of breaking them down.

That is our part and it is all what we can do at the moment to prevent matters to escalate even more.

But see a server as a dance party for example, if 2-3 people dance in an empty room, have fun and make cool moves, what everbody admires, then before you know it, other people who would normally just walk by, will notice it and in time they start suddenly to join the dance too.

It is all psychological. We can make it happen if we do our part and bioware does their part to take actions then we can make the game better, for new and old players.

If you agree:

1. Now is the time finally for a ''Cross Server System'' to happen or otherwise ''server merges'', to make an fair system for all players in the game.

2. That bioware needs to responds about these topics and dicusss these plans with us.

3. That 90cc server transfers for 1 week is not the way to fix the real problem.

Then sign below this petition and let your voice be heard.

Type: /Signed

This time we must all stand up and do something.

It is Bioware's turn to make the first move, but in the mean time we must try to prevent further damage + panic and buildup a fun thriving game community together what we all can enjoy.

Greets and yours sincerely:

JE.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

PS:

If you like anything to add/comment/criticise about the things I said in this topic, then please say so. And drop your comment below. :) (Sorry if I made any grammar + spelling mistakes!)

And Bioware a note to you, you made an awsome game, it has it flaws, but I, and a lot of friends I know, thank you for making this game. Thank you for all the fun we had and still have!

Sometimes I am a bit Harsh, and I know how difficult it is to make games, I modded a lot of games too, and everyone has their own ideas and thinks they like (& it is normal for people to make mistakes). I sympathize with you guys, I hope my message is well received for you all there at Bioware, because besides the critiscm the game is still imho a very cool game, and the story of KOTFE is beautifully done. I think a lot of us are exciting and wonder how it ends coming months with chapter 14-16. Best of luck with all things you guys are planning to do and best wishes. :jawa_smile:

Edited by -JE-BLAZAR-

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cross server only serves a subset (and not a majority subset in any way) of the total player base. No thanks. It creates more social problems on servers then it solves. Anyone who has played WoW knows full well the unintended consequences of giving players who demand instant queues getting their way via cross-server.

And no.. I'm not going to debate this with you. I have said my peace on this topic.

Edited by Andryah

Anyone who has played WoW knows full well the unintended consequences of giving players who demand instant queues getting their way via cross-server.
This. Just wait for the explosion of exploiters and other cheaters once cross-server is implemented.

Server merges are better, despite all the drawbacks the OP listed.

You do not want a cross server for the GTN, PVP, PVE and GSF?? In that way people never need to worry about on what server they need to play for fun and avoid rediculous GTN prices.

It prevents a lot of stress.

And it is better then doing 90cc Server Transfers for 1 week. That will matters only worse for the smaller servers and all new people who join unknowing these servers.

Anyways something must be done and as I said in my post above, either a Cross server system for all important community things in the game (GTN, PVP, PVE +GSF) or Servers must be merged.

Edited by -JE-BLAZAR-

You do not want a cross server for the GTN, PVP, PVE and GSF?? In that way people never need to worry about on what server they need to play for fun and avoid rediculous GTN prices.

It prevents a lot of stress.

And it is better then doing 90cc Server Transfers for 1 week. That will matters only worse for the smaller servers and all new people who join unknowing these servers.

Learn to read please:

And no.. I'm not going to debate this with you. I have said my peace on this topic.
Edited by Andryah

This. Just wait for the explosion of exploiters and other cheaters once cross-server is implemented.

Server merges are better, despite all the drawbacks the OP listed.

Toss my vote in here as well.

*shudder* Cross server...

Low pop servers only feel low when people cannot engage in multiplayer content.

Dead servers are a symptom, not the problem. Instanced solo content does not lead to healthy server populations.

There is only one way to have healthy server pops and that's to have content people will log in for. This content might get subs but if those subs are playing 5 hours a month solo & instanced... you get this.

CSQ just pushes the conversation out a year. It is not a fix.

Low pop servers only feel low when people cannot engage in multiplayer content.

Dead servers are a symptom, not the problem. Instanced solo content does not lead to healthy server populations.

There is only one way to have healthy server pops and that's to have content people will log in for. This content might get subs but if those subs are playing 5 hours a month solo & instanced... you get this.

CSQ just pushes the conversation out a year. It is not a fix.

Again, myopic. You're right in that you need to have content people will log on for. Guess what? For many of us that isn't OPs or PvP. Problem I have with this sort of position is that it totally ignores anyone who isn't OP/PvP-centric.

I play way more than 5 hours per month solo/instanced and so do many others. You seem to have a skewed understanding of "casual" players. It doesn't necessarily mean they only play a few number of hours per week, it rather more means that they aren't wanting to play ONLY intensive OP/PvP content and like to have options to play story mode, FPs, SMHeroics etc. It means that they can hop on for an hour before putting the kids down for the night and then coming back later. It means being able to jump in and accomplish something of an evening that doesn't require prerequisites.

BW has the metrics and I'm pretty damn sure that if the OPs/PvP folk were the mainstay of this game, they'd be focused on entirely. Thing is, they aren't. They are part of a mixed bunch of gamers with varying tastes and desires in an MMO.

Learn to read please:

Then Andryah you don't need to respond.

He has every right to respond to your comment. You can NOT moderate the forums, nor not expect a reply when you disagree with someone who's just wrote a huge paragraph stating his position against you.

You of all people should know this. Don't like what he said, move along.

OP,

They've already stated they will never do cross server. As much as that'd help the game. (Idk what Andryah was saying about WoW as I played WoW & it was a great benefit. The ninjas, exploiters, and cheaters are already in game. Cross servers aren't going to fix or increase that stuff.)

/signed

Interesting read, it almost pains me to know there is a laughable chance that a person in the right place of authority will even consider the time to read this, but I'm pulling for you. I really hope Bioware read this and actually try and put some attentive commitment into the idea of this

As far as I'm concerned, I think anything towards this is too little to late, there's been far too much monotonous BS in this game to the point where I've completely lost faith and patience.

Even if there was to be Cross Server queues and the like, there is a crescendo of problems and issues that need to be addressed... all which point towards an account of consistency, in which the only reasonable solution is "initiative".

It's ironic, yet it's a bitter sweet feeling to know that at this point, ANY option taken could pretty much constitute a solution to this problem. There's a servere case of wanton disregard going on in this game, and it's a real shame.

The frustrating part is that the people who would disagree with this, are "diehard Swtor" fans who think that the story release, is anything remotely close to moderated content releases.

Anyway I'm going to stop with my sad crap opinions and stuff

Best of luck in the effort of getting Bioware's attention. You pass that hurdle, and you can accomplish anything in all honesty

Edited by Bonzenaattori

/signed

Interesting read, it almost pains me to know there is a laughable chance that a person in the right place of authority will even consider the time to read this, but I'm pulling for you. I really hope Bioware read this and actually try and put some attentive commitment into the idea of this

As far as I'm concerned, I think anything towards this is too little to late, there's been far too much monotonous BS in this game to the point where I've completely lost faith and patience.

Even if there was to be Cross Server queues and the like, there is a crescendo of problems and issues that need to be addressed... all which point towards an account of consistency, in which the only reasonable solution is "initiative".

It's ironic, yet it's a bitter sweet feeling to know that at this point, ANY option taken could pretty much constitute a solution to this problem. There's a servere case of wanton disregard going on in this game, and it's a real shame.

The frustrating part is that the people who would disagree with this, are "diehard Swtor" fans who think that the story release, is anything remotely close to moderated content releases.

Anyway I'm going to stop with my sad crap opinions and stuff

Best of luck in the effort of getting Bioware's attention. You pass that hurdle, and you can accomplish anything in all honesty

Thank you for those kind words! I agree with all you said, but I do have still hope though, I think we can still make a difference. Greets!

Again, myopic.

Your whole post is myopic. You read three of four words and assume there is a possibility I am trying to be offensive or cavalier so you imply I'm not as broad minded as you. I can assure you, I'm much, much more respectful of your playstyle and preferences than you are of mine.

You're right in that you need to have content people will log on for. Guess what? For many of us that isn't OPs or PvP. Problem I have with this sort of position is that it totally ignores anyone who isn't OP/PvP-centric.

I think you assumed I was taking a position I was not. I could care less how many people are logging in for how long or to do what. But this is a post about a remedy to perceived (and, probably legitimate but that's irrelevant) low server populations reflected in pops for PvP and group PvE. My point is that steering gameplay into solo, instanced content is going to impact PvP and Ops queues.

I play way more than 5 hours per month solo/instanced and so do many others. You seem to have a skewed understanding of "casual" players. It doesn't necessarily mean they only play a few number of hours per week, it rather more means that they aren't wanting to play ONLY intensive OP/PvP content and like to have options to play story mode, FPs, SMHeroics etc. It means that they can hop on for an hour before putting the kids down for the night and then coming back later. It means being able to jump in and accomplish something of an evening that doesn't require prerequisites.

Nothing to do with what I am saying.

I had turkey chili for lunch.

Read a post before you fly off the handle.

BW has the metrics and I'm pretty damn sure that if the OPs/PvP folk were the mainstay of this game, they'd be focused on entirely. Thing is, they aren't. They are part of a mixed bunch of gamers with varying tastes and desires in an MMO.

Again, my point is simply that if people would like to see better PvP/group PvE pops, transfers/CSQ/merges will only slow the tide. Incenting people to want to log in for PvP/group PvE is a better solution. Not shoving them all in one place where their numbers take longer to decay.

Then Andryah you don't need to respond.

He has every right to respond to your comment. You can NOT moderate the forums, nor not expect a reply when you disagree with someone who's just wrote a huge paragraph stating his position against you.

You of all people should know this. Don't like what he said, move along.

OP,

They've already stated they will never do cross server. As much as that'd help the game. (Idk what Andryah was saying about WoW as I played WoW & it was a great benefit. The ninjas, exploiters, and cheaters are already in game. Cross servers aren't going to fix or increase that stuff.)

The downside to WoW x-server open world was people who previously enjoyed low populations were now forced onto high populations making hunting for gathering nodes, rares etc. a pain in the buttocks. There will always be ninjas and exploiters of course but there's a difference between the chance of running into 5 ninjas on your own server or 100 of them due to x-server. And now they can server hop through open group finder.. yeah it's worse.

I'm okay with cross server for the FP/Ops finder making matches cross server but nothing open-world.

Your whole post is myopic. You read three of four words and assume there is a possibility I am trying to be offensive or cavalier so you imply I'm not as broad minded as you. I can assure you, I'm much, much more respectful of your playstyle and preferences than you are of mine.

I think you assumed I was taking a position I was not. I could care less how many people are logging in for how long or to do what. But this is a post about a remedy to perceived (and, probably legitimate but that's irrelevant) low server populations reflected in pops for PvP and group PvE. My point is that steering gameplay into solo, instanced content is going to impact PvP and Ops queues.

Nothing to do with what I am saying.

I had turkey chili for lunch.

Read a post before you fly off the handle.

Again, my point is simply that if people would like to see better PvP/group PvE pops, transfers/CSQ/merges will only slow the tide. Incenting people to want to log in for PvP/group PvE is a better solution. Not shoving them all in one place where their numbers take longer to decay.

No handles were flown off. Opinion was put forth. I support content based on what the population of a game wants. That's it. If metrics show that one is more popular than the other, I want resources spent there. If metrics show that servers need to be merged, much as I have found that to be problematic in the past, it should happen.

BW knows their metrics. We are guessing. I posit that BW is writing what the majority are consuming. Time will tell.

cross server is honestly to much effort for them to work on. the simple answer to the issue is just a server merge. they have done it before and they need to do it ASAP.

as for those losing guild ships and having to reset houses. honestly to bad if you want this game to survive this terrible development phase you just bite the bullet and merge. I say that knowing i am on a server that i will lose stuff including guild but i want a healthy thriving swtor.

Cross server anything is a waste of time imo. The effort of creating cross server technology would be wasted because I believe it ignores the TRUE issue...which is stagnated development. Until development corrects course and begins to pump out new group content, cross server technology is only a temporary "fix" to declining populations for whatever activity it is you like (PvP, PvE, GSF).

Cross server only serves a subset (and not a majority subset in any way) of the total player base. No thanks. It creates more social problems on servers then it solves. Anyone who has played WoW knows full well the unintended consequences of giving players who demand instant queues getting their way via cross-server.

Same here.

Edited by xordevoreaux

I think the Cross-Server Queues (Game-wide ranking) Portal is more likely to happen than mergers. Mergers will mean some guilds lose their SH/Ships etc. This way population for Queues are addressed, and people just go to wherever their friends are