Space co-op rogue squadron style

AnsatsuRaKarth

Probably suggested many times over but there really needs to be a co-op, objective oriented, space pvp style combat in the rogue squadron style of gameplay. Third person with the aiming system of rogue squadron. Objective oriented as in destroy a capital ship/etc.

Why this has not been added yet is well beyond me, but meh.

• 3 weeks later...
I'd bite, but only if I can use my GSF ships in it. I'm not really interested in the on-rails stuff that's been around since launch. There is a serious lack of Co-Op style modes in this game aside form Raids & Flash-points. If you like that idea, you might want to check out this thread for a "Horde Mode" -- really neat.

This is definitely something we should get in an expansion. It could be linked to GSF or it could replace the current on-rails PvE combat. A combination of SWG's Jump to Lightspeed and Rogue Squadron. More craftable ship upgrades and different types of ships to use.

This is definitely something we should get in an expansion. It could be linked to GSF or it could replace the current on-rails PvE combat. A combination of SWG's Jump to Lightspeed and Rogue Squadron. More craftable ship upgrades and different types of ships to use.

I'd like it to be linked to GSF...I've already put a lot of work into those ships & it would be cool for their abilities to be used in new ways. For instance, different ships could play different roles in any battle: strike/scout (DPS), Gunship (tank or DPS), & Bomber (heals/DPS). I wouldn't want it to be on rails though, more of a 4-8 man ops kinda deal in an open map with objectives. Think more a long the lines of "Star Fox: Armada".

We don't necessarily know that, at least give them the chance to mess it up. I think it could be fun :)

Yeah, actually, GSF was better than I expected based on BW's earlier incarnations of space combat.

• 3 months later...