cross faction guild chat

SciFiGeekette

There's a serious disconnect between the imp and rep sides when it comes to "sister" guilds. I understand why you can't communicate in general between rep and imp characters but why not between our own guilds? Many guilds have a sister guild on the other side. For my guild it's pretty much the same thing. We all have imp and rep toons that we play. I think there should be a separate guild chat channel that can be linked between 2 guilds, the one on the rep side and the one on the imp side, so we can communicate in-game. So say several are on the rep side and then several login to the imp side, we talk and realize that if we were all on the same side we could run an ops or something. Then we could do accordingly. I don't think this should be something that any rep/imp guild could do as far as linking this separate guild chat channel but only those that can prove they are sister guilds.

There's a serious disconnect between the imp and rep sides when it comes to "sister" guilds. I understand why you can't communicate in general between rep and imp characters but why not between our own guilds? Many guilds have a sister guild on the other side. For my guild it's pretty much the same thing. We all have imp and rep toons that we play. I think there should be a separate guild chat channel that can be linked between 2 guilds, the one on the rep side and the one on the imp side, so we can communicate in-game. So say several are on the rep side and then several login to the imp side, we talk and realize that if we were all on the same side we could run an ops or something. Then we could do accordingly. I don't think this should be something that any rep/imp guild could do as far as linking this separate guild chat channel but only those that can prove they are sister guilds.

That's what mumble/vent is for. In all seriousness, they cannot, and should not limit it based on having to "prove" anything. If anything, they allow for guilds to be allied with other guilds, and have an automatic cross-guild chat created when you set up an alliance, regardless of the faction the guilds are on.

Tho really it already isn't that difficult to get around with the current systems.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
As much as this thread is old :p I agree : To be able to talk in game vs have a mumble and a vent open at same time to talk to sister guild seems like a great idea. And if you create a custom channel it should be available to whomever want's to join from ether side. But hey if has not happened yet from this thread then prob never going to happen :(:sul_frown::t_frown::w_frown::mon_frown:

I would love to have a cross faction chat channel. I played SWG for a long time and you were always able to chat to everyone in game regardless of faction. yeah, there was some trash talk, but it made it a lot more fun. The ability to talk between faction allowed us to set up PVP events. We would pick a location, usually a player city that had a base set up, then we would set a time that one faction would defend the base and the other would try to destroy/capture it. I think a cross faction channel would liven up the game a lot.

what if they just made the /cjoin channels cross faction, i didnt read other posts or if its been suggested but. our guild has a both sith and republic guilds, and we have two other reserve guilds for both sides for alts.... so basically the sith side guilds the reg TAW and TAW reserves can chat , but it is not cross faction with the Republic of TAW chat channels created

I support this in every way possible. I don't play on IMP side a lot just because my people don't know where I am unless I'm in vent. I also think you should be able to see your IMP side roster from PUB side (and vice-versa) if the Guild Leader chooses to link them!! :sul_wink:

Forget cross faction chat... how about cross faction guilds?

I think it is nuts that we cannot have people from both sides in a single guild.

I also think the limit of 500 members of a guild is nuts, since alts count against that.

Hhuman Sacrifice! Sith and Jedi - living together - and enjoying it! Mass hysteria!

Yes, and peace broke out and cats and dogs started getting along...

Next thing you know, Tom and Jerry are best friends, Bugs and Elmer watch the game together, and Lucy finally let's Charlie kick that football.

Edited by Heat-Wave
Typo

I think it is nuts that we cannot have people from both sides in a single guild.

I also think the limit of 500 members of a guild is nuts, since alts count against that.

^I'd support this as well. Why this hasn't been done yet I don't know.....the GM should have the ability to link a guild (pub ~~>IMP) & should be able to see both Guild tabs. I think there should also be a three different chats created to go with it: imp guild chat, Pub guild chat, Combined guild chat. Speaking of, why don't we have a LFG chat yet? :rak_02:

• 5 weeks later...

cross faction guild would be nice, now people are playing more and more on 1 faction cuz of the guild and conq.

• 1 year later...

I would like to re-push this suggestion. My guildies and I have been really wishing there could be cross-faction chat.

Cross-faction guilds would be even better, but at least consider enable us to chat with our sister guild. Just today, we kept missing each because we were switching back and forth; cross-faction chat would have helped a lot.

Additionally, KotFE seems esp suited to this new feature please.

EQ2 started out with a strong division between realms (Qeynos, the happy good city) and ...whatever that other city was. Oh yeah, Freeport. Senior moment there for a second.

Anyway, there was no cross-faction mail, even when you owned both toons. There was no joining guilds created in opposite-aligned cities (the guards would kill you when you tried to enter).

And so on. Well, surprise, one day they got around all that. Suddenly alignment/faction didn't matter any more, and anyone could join any guild, use the mail, chat, all that. Sony even put in a way for opposite-aligned guilds to get into each other's cities and avoid getting attacked by the guards by making people run through the sewer system (eventually there was a guild recall ability, where as long as you got to your guild hall one time, you could then just teleport there from then on).

That's an example of a game with strong separation between factions that somehow decided to overcome the technical challengers of allowing cross-faction guilds. They could do it here, too.

I would like to re-push this suggestion. My guildies and I have been really wishing there could be cross-faction chat.

Cross-faction guilds would be even better, but at least consider enable us to chat with our sister guild. Just today, we kept missing each because we were switching back and forth; cross-faction chat would have helped a lot.

Additionally, KotFE seems esp suited to this new feature please.

It certainly would be easier, especially to organise group stuff, Heroics, Flashpoints etc if you can ask the whole of your guilds (ie both sides).

As much as this thread is old :p I agree : To be able to talk in game vs have a mumble and a vent open at same time to talk to sister guild seems like a great idea. And if you create a custom channel it should be available to whomever want's to join from ether side. But hey if has not happened yet from this thread then prob never going to happen :(:sul_frown::t_frown::w_frown::mon_frown:

Stop trying to murder the heart of tor to cater to fan service. The empire and republic governments want to see each other fall. They aren't friendly to each other so they have no business planning to have jogan fruit & Jumma juice together like they were the best of friends. Even within the alliance of kotfe, all opposite faction vendors & co let you know they aren't friendly to you. So keep the parody play where it belongs, in the fan fiction section. :mad:

Stop trying to murder the heart of tor to cater to fan service. The empire and republic governments want to see each other fall. They aren't friendly to each other so they have no business planning to have jogan fruit & Jumma juice together like they were the best of friends. Even within the alliance of kotfe, all opposite faction vendors & co let you know they aren't friendly to you. So keep the parody play where it belongs, in the fan fiction section. :mad:

There is a bit of substance to that. EQ2's story arc was more class based, not realm based, though there was some realm vs. realm story, but...obliquely. Factionalization of the story line matters more to SWTOR.