Stardate Protocol Update 2/13/2021: Communications

Jdast

Stardate Calendar Year 2021 Status Report:

Number of Times Lead Developer has Posted in Discord Channel about Ranked PvP: Over 75 (stopped counting)

Number of Times Lead Developer has Posted about Main Storyline Bugs in 6.2: 0

Number of Times New Communications Director has Posted about Main Storyline Bugs in 6.2: 0

:csw_jabba: <<sips martini>>

Dasty

Edited by Jdast

Number of martinis Dasty has sipped since forum handle creation: 14,000,605

Cheers 🍸

Anyone remember the movie War Games? Im often drawn to some of the quotes in that movie when I think of Biowares responses or lack of responses to players feed back.

Joshua: Would you like to play a game?

David: [typing] People sometimes make mistakes.

Joshua: Yes, they do.

Falken: Did you ever play tic-tac-toe?

Jennifer: Yeah, of course.

Falken: But you don't anymore.

Jennifer: No.

Falken: Why?

Jennifer: Because it's a boring game. It's always a tie.

Falken: Exactly. There's no way to win. The game itself is pointless! But back at the war room, they believe you can win a nuclear war. That there can be "acceptable losses."

W.P.O.R.: A strange game.The only winning move is not to play. How about a nice game of chess?

Sadly, I’ve come to the same realisation as W.P.O.R. Anyone want to play a nice game of chess?

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Stardate Calendar Year 2021 Status Report:

Number of Times Lead Developer has Posted in Discord Channel

y

What is this supposed SWTOR Discord channel where actual BIOWARE Devs are posting in?

Is it linked on the SWTOR 'twitter' page or somewhere else officially?

Or is it some sort of fan-made Discord server ?

What is this supposed SWTOR Discord channel where actual BIOWARE Devs are posting in?

The Theorycrafters Discord where if you are not on the list you can not talk directly to the devs or they will kick you out.

Is it linked on the SWTOR 'twitter' page or somewhere else officially?

Nope. It is not an official channel for communication, which is why I have said multiple times that everything that is posted there should be posted here in some way. I generally get called names when I bring that up.

Or is it some sort of fan-made Discord server ?

It is a fan made Discord with strict arbitrary rules and mods who will carry over their vendettas from this forum to that Discord.

I am assuming you mean the level rass ordo bug, i(t's the only bug I aware of for the story)

They stated about week ago the fix will be in 6.2.1 (in a few days)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=9917441&postcount=22

There are also the "can't click thingy to continue after the boss" bugs. I saw one of those, after taking down the second boss (the one who lends you a gold filigree transport).

So much of the negativity of late IMO also spawns from the communication (or in some cases a lack thereof). When something "new" is being shared it's from projects in which feed back was requested on the PTS forum. The "final" response / presentations were as if the vast majority (if not ALL) of the feed back were ignored. The latest item on that list being the "new" UI. There is no need to go into personal views on the matter. Everyone will be able to review it and come to their own conclusion soon.

That said... of late as a direct result I've considered a few questions .

** "Who are they / we ?": In deed ... Who are they (the development team) or we in light of the future particularly when seen in the context of this game? THEIR /our expectations ? THEIR /our ambitions ? Are we just dreamers or do we act with purpose and a positive vision?

Are we defined only by dreams ? ( Often seen as unrealized goals or desires without a genuine vision for fulfillment).

OR are we defined by motivation and passion to reach out beyond our self and our comfort zone ? In the end what are the realistic goals and ambitions of continuing the path that we find our self on right now ?

How does the interactions of each help define the purpose and goals of the other ?

** "What do THEY or we want?" Is it for their (or our) own self gratification ? What is the focus of that desire? When we get "what we want" ... what then ?? Shared motivation with the intent of a purposed benefit of others and a personal satisfaction of a job well done or simply egocentric ?

Do we work together or or independently ? Money or other motivations ?

** "Why are THEY / we here?" One of the most basic of questions. To what purpose? To what end ?

Rhetorical? Verbosity ? Perhaps ... perhaps not !!

I do not personally expect that much of what I do will alter the direction of the game and it's intended goals. Rarely do I offer suggestions that would be worth consideration to begin with. However, that said ... when there are obvious misdirection's or probable difficulties that have been repeatedly pointed out ... It is quite puzzling and increasingly more difficult to understand why some things remain as they are thereby leaving more important issues to fall by the wayside.

Granted we're just "gamers" ...

Communication?

The Theorycrafters Discord where if you are not on the list you can not talk directly to the devs

Interesting. Well, if anyone's a "theorycrafter" type, it's ME lol --> http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=989705

So i guess i'll see if i can figure out how to ]apply to their channel somehow.... :cool:

p.s. Although, how do they know the replies are from actual (current) official BioWare Devs?

Edited by Nee-Elder