100% same log in rewards at the calendar like what we had on December.

JozsefGyorfi

There are three rewards schemes. Each is of 28-day duration:

1. Strength In Allies – Companions. As you progress through this calendar, you can expect to earn various levels of Companion gift qualities and amounts.

2. United Efforts – Crew Skills. As you progress through this calendar, you can expect to earn various levels of Material qualities and amounts.

3. Aggressive Negotiations – Warzones and Galactic Starfighter. As you progress through this calendar, you can expect to earn various stims, adrenals, and Requisition grants.

At the beginning of each 28-day period, one scheme is assigned to your legacy randomly. The developers indicated somewhere that they will not repeat consecutively but I didn't see a promise anywhere to that effect. There is also the possibility that you did not log into the game on some day when you were busy in real life and therefore are still in the first cycle. (The 28-day cycle is based on you logging in 28 days. If you log in on 28 days in a 32 day period, your next cycle starts on the 33rd day for you.)

Edited by mike_carton

I just log in and what did I saw 18 minutes ago: 100% same log in rewards at the calendar like what we had on December.

It was intended or just an bug so it was unintended :rak_02::confused::(

I am playing in the Darth Malgus server.

confirmed on Tulak Hord. Same login rewards we had last turn, they just changed the title hoping ppl thinking its not the same old stuff again.

Edited by LK-Draco

The 28-day cycle is based on you logging in 28 days. If you log in on 28 days in a 32 day period, your next cycle starts on the 33rd day for you.

so by your information, we should have a 4 day gap where we receive no rewards... #fail

At this point, I am betting that the login rewards system is being done by the same person that started galactic command and is trolling all of us in revenge

so by your information, we should have a 4 day gap where we receive no rewards... #fail

At this point, I am betting that the login rewards system is being done by the same person that started galactic command and is trolling all of us in revenge

You misunderstood my point. The 4 day gap would exist only if you did not log into the game for 4 days.

If you started logging in everyday starting from the first day of the login rewards program and logged in every single day, today would be the beginning of the second 28-day cycle of the program. However, that does not guarantee that what you receive during this new 28-day cycle will be completely different from what you received in the first cycle. They can be exactly the same, or they might have a few changes here and there.

I started with Aggressive Negotiations, and now I have Strength In Allies, so it is random. The rewards themselves are still underwhelming and not noteworthily different. What mainly differs are the big rewards every 7 days. Edited by Mubrak

It seems the rewards are pretty much the same. I checked every four tiers and it seems that there are no changes overall. Even [TIER 4] has the exact same rewards in the new calendar as the old [TIER 4] from last calendar. Feels very, very underwhelming.

EDIT: I just double checked what I said above and now I can confirm that (at least for me) the rewards from the new calendar "United Efforts" are 100% exactly the same as the last calendar "Strength through Allies". So yeah...

Edited by Jesseriah

Look a bit closer. There are a number of daily reward items that are the same between the three reward calendars, but there are a few items that are different.

I've only seen one difference, the fleet rep...lol UNless we had that the last time, and I just forgot.

• Dev Post

Hi everyone,

Wanted to send you these posts from Staats to reiterate some of the key points about the log in rewards. I believe these should answer some of the questions you may have.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9894605#post9894605

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9895802#post9895802

The first post is a hefty read, but worth going through again!

Hi everyone,

Wanted to send you these posts from Staats to reiterate some of the key points about the log in rewards. I believe these should answer some of the questions you may have.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9894605#post9894605

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9895802#post9895802

The first post is a hefty read, but worth going through again!

While the reiteration of the info is appreciated, it does not lessen the impact the helpings of "virtual veggies" that are being served, and kept, until you log in again.

ie:

You look at todays menu: Pizza!

tomorrow: tofurkey - bleh skip!

day after was supposed to be lasagna, but instead they saved the tofurkey...

Edited by Kaveat

I've only seen one difference, the fleet rep...lol UNless we had that the last time, and I just forgot.

I have two accounts that I play regularly. Last week they had different login reward calendars, my main account had the Strength in Allies calendar and my alt-acct had the Aggressive Negotiations calendar, but this week they are both on the United Efforts calendar. Fortunately, my main acct on SS is on Aggressive Negotiations. Below are all of the rewards for Aggressive Negotiations and United Efforts side-by-side

Week 1: (AN | UE)

1. 5 Basic Battle Versatile Stims (Both)
  2. 5 Complimentary Minor Social Boosts (Both)
  3. 75 Scrap: Scavanged Scrap (Both)
  4. 5 Complimentary Minor Valor Boosts | Bag of Supplemental Materials
  5. 3k Credit Certificate (Both)
  6. Token of the Cordial (Both)
  7. Aggressive Negotiations Premium Crate (Purple Sparkle Powder & Warzone Medpacks) | United Forces Premium Crate (Purple Sparkle Powder & Large Bag of Grade 3 Materials)

Week 2:

1. 5 Basic Command Stims (Both)
  2. 2 Complimentary Major Social Boosts (Both)
  3. 50 Scrap: Assorted Droid Parts (Both)
  4. 5 Complimentary Minor Starfighter Exp Boosts | Bag of Grade 5 Materials
  5. 5k Credit Certificate (Both)
  6. 150 Fleet Commendation (Both)
  7. Aggressive Negotiations Prototype Crate (Tech Frags & Major Ship Requisition Grant) | United Efforts Prototype Crate (Tech Frags & Large Bad of Grade 8 Crafting Mats)

Week 3:

1. 5 Prototype Battle Versatile Stims (Both)
  2. 2 Complimentary Major Exp Boost (Both)
  3. 25 Scrap: Jawa Junk (Both)
  4. 4 Complimentary Major Valor Boosts | Bag of Grade 8 Mats
  5. 7k Credit Cert (Both)
  6. 2 Minor Rampage Achievement Boost (Both)
  7. Czerka Care Package (Complimentary Major Reputation Boosts & Warzone Adrenals) | Czerka Care Package (Complimentary Major Reputation Boosts & Solid Resource Matrices)

Week 4:

1. 15k Credit Cert (Both)
  2. 2 Renown Boosts (Both)
  3. Kai Zykken's Satchel of Dyes (Both)
  4. Major Fleet Requisition Grant (Legacy) | Large Bag of Grade 11 Mats
  5. 20k Credit Cert (Both)
  6. 5 Cartel Market Certs (Both)
  7. Elegant Chest of Loyalty (Tech Frags, Legendary Embers, Personal Conquest Requisition) (Both)

As you can see, comparing Aggressive Negotiations against United Efforts the only differences occur on the fourth and seventh days of the weeks. This was the same last week with my two accts on Strength in Allies and Aggressive Negotiations. The Strength in Allies specific rewards were primarily companion gifts, and, unfortunately, all of those gifts were bound to legacy, which means that they do not stack with other gifts of similar grade. My concern with the United Efforts crafting materials is are those also BtL? As some have reported, the UE material bags do currently contain deprecated materials. This issue is known and slated to be fixed in a future, as yet unannounced, update.

Whether the rewards are underwhelming or not is a personal opinion, but it is objectively true that the three calendars are far more similar than they are different in their respective rewards. Personally, I do think it would be better if there was a little more diversity between the three calendars instead of just two days of variance.

Whether the rewards are underwhelming or not is a personal opinion, but it is objectively true that the three calendars are far more similar than they are different in their respective rewards. Personally, I do think it would be better if there was a little more diversity between the three calendars instead of just two days of variance.

Lets be honest here, its not like any current login reward with a reasonable goal is going to get any player to say

HEY, Thats Neat, I Want To Login For N Days Just Get Get That!

for most of what being given out as participation (login) rewards, I've seen pocket lint with more interest and appeal than 90% of this stuff. if you really want to get peoples attention, to the point that it is going to get them to actually modify their existing login/play habits, you are going to have to seriously up your game.

Edited by Kaveat

My hypothesis is that the login rewards are meant to help - by a small measure - the new, Steam players (subscribers and non-subscribers) to catch up to longtime players. Most of the stuff is not worth it for longtime players.

When I create a new character I get dozens of emails with some useful stuff including Shae as companion from level 1; I send the character immediately to the SH to pick up a million from the Legacy Cargo Hold for walking-around money and so on. Compared to that, 20k credits (from login rewards) can be very useful for a new player without any legacy to depend on. Just one example.

I don’t know if I like this or not, so not expressing any opinion on that.

Edited by mike_carton

While the reiteration of the info is appreciated, it does not lessen the impact the helpings of "virtual veggies" that are being served, and kept, until you log in again.

ie:

You look at todays menu: Pizza!

tomorrow: tofurkey - bleh skip!

day after was supposed to be lasagna, but instead they saved the tofurkey...

WOW !

All I got was this can of "Spam" ... MFG date was 1937 !

:eek:

PTS postings, suggestions and discussions probably should have been listen to more carefully !

My hypothesis is that the login rewards are meant to help - by a small measure - the new, Steam players (subscribers and non-subscribers) to catch up to longtime players. Most of the stuff is not worth it for longtime players.

When I create a new character I get dozens of emails with some useful stuff including Shae as companion from level 1; I send the character immediately to the SH to pick up a million from the Legacy Cargo Hold for walking-around money and so on. Compared to that, 20k credits (from login rewards) can be very useful for a new player without any legacy to depend on. Just one example.

I don’t know if I like this or not, so not expressing any opinion on that.

The problem with that theory is that by day 2 log in, those brand new players would have already outgrown the rewards. Designing a 28 day cycle around a first character on a new account that hasn't left the starter world yet wouldn't make any sense. I think it's far more likely that they wanted to give log in rewards like so many other games do, but are too afraid of hurting CM sales to give anything actually desirable.

I’m still bummed that some of the rewards are bugged. Ive literally had the boxes disappear when I click on them and get no reward. I’ve had that happen with a few items so far. The worst was missing out on the end of month sub reward for the cartel certificates that just disappeared. My wife got hers, but not me :(

From what I can tell. It has to do with wether you open the rewards on the character you claimed them with or put it in the legacy bank and opened it with another character.

It’s still very buggy and not well thought out. We have old mats being dropped that are useless and we have bugs in the system. This really should have been tested better, but hey, it’s Bioware, I’m used to it after 9 years. Which means I’ve no reason to login every day (like this is meant to do) because I just feel more let down. It’s actually having the opposite affect on me than what it’s designed to do.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I’m still bummed that some of the rewards are bugged. Ive literally had the boxes disappear when I click on them and get no reward. I’ve had that happen with a few items so far. The worst was missing out on the end of month sub reward for the cartel certificates that just disappeared. My wife got hers, but not me :(

From what I can tell. It has to do with wether you open the rewards on the character you claimed them with or put it in the legacy bank and opened it with another character.

It’s still very buggy and not well thought out. We have old mats being dropped that are useless and we have bugs in the system. This really should have been tested better, but hey, it’s Bioware, I’m used to it after 9 years. Which means I’ve no reason to login every day (like this is meant to do) because I just feel more let down. It’s actually having the opposite affect on me than what it’s designed to do.

BUGS !!! ... ???

WHAT ??? IN HERE ???

(begins running in circles screaming franticly !!)

I HATE .. BUGS !!!!

<Hands OlBuzz the Bug spray>

I tried that brand already .. back when I was using one of the older style HD's ... didn't do too much for my system either I might add !!

:D

That said .. if you REALLY think it would help this game any ... I'll buy a case !!

;)

Edited by OlBuzzard