Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Login Rewards in 6.2 - Feedback

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
Login Rewards in 6.2 - Feedback
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

jedimasterjac
11.12.2020 , 10:13 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by CommunityTeam View Post

Were you able to easily locate the Login Reward system?
Yes.

Do you feel the addition of the Subscriber Weekly Bonus provides additional value to your subscription?
Not really. I think it could, but I don't care about Valor XP.

Does the reward structure feel good? Do you feel that items near the end of a calendar are of higher value?
Week 4 has rewards that feel worthwhile and are of higher value, but weeks 1-3 more or less feel as if they have no value at all.

In general, which rewards are the most/least valuable to you?
Items which seem worthless:
Week One
- Complimentary Minor Social
- 1k Credit Certificate
- Scrap: Scavenged

Week Two
- 2 Complimentary Minor Social
- Scrap: Scavenged
- Scrap: Assorted Droid Parts
- 3k Credit Cetificate

Week Three
- Complimentary Major Social
- Scrap: Assorted Droid Parts
- 6k Credit Certificate
- Scrap: Jawa Junk

Week Four
- Scrap: Jawa Junk

While I can understand Scrap has its utility, I very rarely use it as a currency, and so I'd rather not have so many daily rewards do nothing more than fill up my bag space.

The stimulants are nice, but it would be much better if it was a base x5 stims, and x10 stims as a higher reward -- one stimulant isn't even enough for a single WZ match or Arena.

The dye satchel looks promising, and the 5 cartel certificates seems like a very worthy reward for 4 weeks of consecutive log-in. The companion gifts are nice enough.

I can't wrap my head around the social boosts, though. There's almost no utility from increasing your social level, and pretty much all of my toons cap out at Social X very quickly anyway. If these were general XP boosts to all experience gained (social, valor, command, etc.) they may feel more appropriate.

After spending some time with Login Rewards, are there any aspects of the system which remain unclear to you?
Not really, no.

There are 3 Login Reward calendars to go through. In general, how do you feel about this? Do you feel it will help in keeping the Login Reward system fresh and exciting?
I think it would be nice, if the rewards are actually worthwhile. If the rewards are more boosts/scrap that will just clutter my inventory, I don't think it's even worth the little pop up when I log in.
Quote: Originally Posted by Grand Master Yoda
We are what they grow beyond. That is the burden of all masters.
Feel like I've said something good? Click my referral link for free goodies!

sugarnails
11.13.2020 , 04:50 AM | #12
Yes

Do you feel the addition of the Subscriber Weekly Bonus provides additional value to your subscription?
I would need to see the variety of offerings and maybe also be given a choice between items. Right now, Valor does nothing for me. Something like one free collection unlock would be absolutely amazing.

Does the reward structure feel good? Do you feel that items near the end of a calendar are of higher value?
I felt like only the last week had worthwhile items.

Most: Cartel Market Certificates, Dyes
Neutral: Companion Gifts, Crates?
Least: Stims, Credits, Boosts, Jawa Junk

I strongly believe credits should not be a part of this system. We already have massive inflation in the game which is pushing rather mundane items out of the hands of most players. New players might immediately benefit from 30k, but ultimately it is part of the problem that has caused hypercrate costs to rise by over 100 million on Star Forge in just the last few months, as an example.

Stims and boosts are pretty much vendor trash and cargo hold space wasters to me.

I would love to see event currencies added to this system. As new events are added to the weekly mix, they occur less often, making the acquisition of specific rewards that much slower. It's also definitely not helped by patches that reset the order of the conquest calendar.

After spending some time with Login Rewards, are there any aspects of the system which remain unclear to you?
The progression needs to be explained better. The Subscriber bonus having a timer and the wording of "reward calendars" worries me. Is this a system where missing one day will lock you out of getting the crate for that week? Most of the people in my guild have busy lives and cannot login every day. They should have a shot at nice rewards too, even if it takes them a month instead of a week.

There are 3 Login Reward calendars to go through. In general, how do you feel about this? Do you feel it will help in keeping the Login Reward system fresh and exciting?
Randomness in SWTOR never equals fresh and exciting. Reliability in SWTOR is fresh and exciting. I would much rather see people getting to choose between things like Valor tokens or other currencies than some sort of random or rotating calendar system that gives what you don't want 2/3 of the time.

UlaVii
11.13.2020 , 06:36 AM | #13
Please stop adding interface buttons that we can't control with Interface Editor.

Ranadiel_Marius
11.13.2020 , 08:56 AM | #14
Just wanted to throw out an idea for a reward that I would personally find valuable. Reputation tokens. I'm sure some people have all of the factions maxed out, but there are a few factions that are annoying to get reputation for (e.g., GSI and the Hyperspace Armada) and I would love another reputation source for them, even if infrequent.

Jesseriah
11.13.2020 , 09:52 AM | #15
I don't see any use of having a long time veteran given some Scrap or Social Boost or Valor Boost. I don't think a newer Player would like such things overall too. Personally I just kick things like minor boosts or "stims" out of my inventar tbh.

BW deleted so many good looking transmogg sets/items that I honestly wonder why they not just give us one of the old sets or some transmogg items as a "higher" reward. These are some things that, in fact, would keep ME coming back to SWTOR and subscribe again.
Use this Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/8gTtm9 for FREE Charaktertransfer and more!

casirabit
11.13.2020 , 11:31 AM | #16
Yes, very easy to find.

Not really sure as it seems to be for pvp at least right now and as for me no use. I don't pvp and NO this will not encourage me to PVP. If my boyfriend can't get me to PVP there is no way anyone else can. You need to add things not just for specific groups and you may want to consider adding things that veteran players might can use as well.

Maybe not sure. While a crafter some of the items will be helpful but I normally don't use those as I have a ton of materials, unless they have add those new materials to the jawa vendors.

Least valuable: PVP and stuff geared toward new players. I been here since launch and some of those rewards are not needed by me, especially pvp. Yea that again.

No, It is easy to read and figure out.

There are 3 Login Reward calendars to go through.
In general, how do you feel about this?
So/so the only interesting is the cartel certificates and the credits but frankly credits are easy to make for me.

Do you feel it will help in keeping the Login Reward system fresh and exciting?
So/so. If it is going to be mostly pvp, etc then nope. Not a reason to keep me logging in.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj https://poshmark.com/closet/tmcevoy1121

jedimasterjac
11.13.2020 , 11:43 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Jesseriah View Post
BW deleted so many good looking transmogg sets/items that I honestly wonder why they not just give us one of the old sets or some transmogg items as a "higher" reward. These are some things that, in fact, would keep ME coming back to SWTOR and subscribe again.
I would be so happy if they'd just give us little armor sets, cartel certs, maybe a small amount of CCs.

DavidStaats
11.13.2020 , 01:21 PM | #18 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi all!

I wanted to take a moment and go a little deeper into our new Login Rewards system!

What Is the Login Reward System?
The Login Reward System is a new way to earn rewards each time you log into the game. All players, regardless of their subscription status, are eligible to participate.

In addition to the Login Reward, Subscribers are eligible for a Weekly Bonus Reward! Subscribers who log into the game at least 4 days during a week will be eligible to claim their Weekly Bonus Reward, which will vary from week to week.

Earn At Your Own Cadence
One of our primary design goals for the Login Reward system was to allow you the opportunity to progress your Reward Calendar at your own pace, without missing rewards! As such, the system tracks accumulated logins (think of a punch card), providing you with a reward every time you log into the game.

This means that if you log into the game for the first time on Monday, you earn your first reward. If you do not long into the game again until Friday, you still earn your second reward, as that is your second login. This continues until you have completed all 28 days in a Reward Calendar. Our Login Reward system does not have a timed expiration; you may progress the Reward Calendar at your own pace, be that 28 days, or more. We want your experience logging in to be a positive one, any time and every time.

Reward Calendars
The Login Reward system comprises 3 different Reward Calendars, each being 28 days in length. When you log into the game, you will be assigned 1 of the 3 different calendars; ‘Strength In Allies’, ‘United Efforts’, or ‘Aggressive Negotiations’. While the majority of the rewards are shared across all calendars, each of these specific calendars comes with their own “calendar defining rewards” based around their “theme”, or associated gameplay system.
  • Strength In Allies - Companions. As you progress through this calendar, you can expect to earn various levels of Companion gift qualities and amounts.
  • United Efforts - Crew Skills. As you progress through this calendar, you can expect to earn various levels of Material qualities and amounts.
  • Aggressive Negotiations - Warzones and Galactic Starfighter. As you progress through this calendar, you can expect to earn various stims, adrenals, and Requisition grants.

Once you have completed your 28 day Reward Calendar, you will be assigned a new Reward Calendar on your next login, and can immediately continue to earn rewards.

Rewards
All players, regardless of their subscription status, are eligible to participate in Login Rewards! Rewards may only be claimed once per server, however almost all rewards which come from the Login Reward system are Bind On Legacy. This means that even if you logged into your main character who doesn’t need a particular item, you can still claim your reward and simply pass it onto another character on your account at your leisure.

As you progress through a Reward Calendar the rewards and the reward amounts will become more and more lucrative, and will include:
  • Credit Chips
  • Scavenged Scrap
  • Assorted Droid Parts
  • Jawa Junk
  • Kai Zykken's Satchel of Dyes
  • Cartel Certificates

Every 7th login you can expect to find a chest waiting for you, filled with various rewards including a calendar-defining reward and the following (based on the login number):
  • Purple Sparkle Powder ( 7th login in a calendar)
  • Tech Fragments (14th and 28th logins in a calendar)
  • Credit Chips (21st login in a calendar)
  • Personal Conquest Requisition (Grants 50k Personal Conquest points - 28th login in a calendar)
  • Legendary Embers (28th login in a calendar)

Subscriber Weekly Bonus Rewards
In addition to the Login Reward, subscribers are eligible for a Weekly Bonus Reward! Subscribers who log into the game at least 4 days during a week will be eligible to claim their Weekly Bonus Reward, which will vary from week to week.

These rewards are designed largely as time savers for Subscribed players, and include the following (to name a few):
  • Personal Conquest Requisition (Grants 50k Personal Conquest points)
  • Valor Token (Grants 6k Valor)
  • Badge of Renown (Grants 160k Renown)
  • Crate of Universal Prefabs (Grants 1 of each MK-1, MK-2, MK-3, and MK-4 Universal Prefabs)

We hope you enjoy this new and exciting system, and look forward to your feedback!
David Staats | Systems Designer
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

KatjeRabenu
11.13.2020 , 01:50 PM | #19
What would be the most amazing log-in reward of all right now?

BEING ABLE TO LOG IN AT ALL!

For the love of God, fix the C1/C7 error already!

jedimasterjac
11.13.2020 , 01:53 PM | #20
Thank you for the reply to the thread -- the communication is really great to see! The answers were also really welcome; it cleared up a few incorrect assumptions I had about the system. I hope it's okay if I ask a few questions.

Quote: Originally Posted by DavidStaats View Post
Earn At Your Own Cadence
This means that if you log into the game for the first time on Monday, you earn your first reward. If you do not long into the game again until Friday, you still earn your second reward, as that is your second login. This continues until you have completed all 28 days in a Reward Calendar. Our Login Reward system does not have a timed expiration; you may progress the Reward Calendar at your own pace, be that 28 days, or more. We want your experience logging in to be a positive one, any time and every time.
Is there any way to reset, or swap over, to a different calendar? I really like the idea of being able to get all 28 of the rewards even if I get a migraine and miss a day or my internet is out or something, but, on the flip side, I hate the thought of one or two of the calendars not really offering rewards I find worthwhile. When it's on a traditional calendar where everyone changes at the same time, it feels a bit more bearable if one of the months is not really offering something I want. On the flip side, if I have to log on and complete the entire calendar, just to get items I don't want, so that I have the chance of getting the calendar I'd like a month later, that sounds a little frustrating from a player perspective.

Quote: Originally Posted by DavidStaats View Post
Reward Calendars
The Login Reward system comprises 3 different Reward Calendars, each being 28 days in length. When you log into the game, you will be assigned 1 of the 3 different calendars; ‘Strength In Allies’, ‘United Efforts’, or ‘Aggressive Negotiations’. While the majority of the rewards are shared across all calendars, each of these specific calendars comes with their own “calendar defining rewards” based around their “theme”, or associated gameplay system.
Is there any particular reason PvE isn't really reflected in the reward structure? Most of my companions are capped, and I think many veteran players can say similar, and I'm not huge into PvP or Galactic Starfighter. I know that these themes are only for occasional, 'defining' rewards, but it still seems kind of frustrating if the standard rewards across calendars lackluster, and the defining rewards don't really fit with the gameplay I take part in.

Is it possible to get repeat calendars, or do we have to complete all three before we see a repeat? For example, if I just completed the 28th day in the PvP calendar, is it possible for me to log in the next day and get the PvP calendar again?

Lastly, do you guys intend to expand upon the system, adding more calendar themes as time goes on? Occasionally introducing new, defining themes could be a fun way to mix up the log-in reward system.