What is the proper order of expansions for story?

Raagnarz

Ok I've recently returned and just completed my class story. I'm curious what is the proper story order for content beyond vanilla. I have:

Makeb

Shadow of Revan

Oricon

Macrobinoculars

Seeker Droid quest

Eternal Thone

Fallen Empire

Any help is appreciated thanks in advance. I'd just like to go in actual order, but since there is a huge exp boost I hit 70 as I finished my class quest lol.

There are these 2 old guides that only show content up to 3.0/4.0 which is fine because the last 2 expansions are quite linear in progression.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=716938

https://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/comments/2p00p7/story_progression_guide_through_30/

Basically what you already listed, but do Oricon before Shadows of Revan and add the planet CZ-198 after Makeb. Do the Macrobinocular and Seeker droid missions around or just before Makeb, as Makeb is the highest planet you need to visit while doing them.

Edited by DrDaMoZ

If you're in a rush, the core single-players stuff is Ilum -> Makeb (Rise of the Hutt Cartel) -> Forged Alliances Flashpoints (you can select solo-mode for all of them) -> Rishi / Yavin (Shadow of Revan) -> Ziost -> Knights of the Fallen Empire -> Knights of the Eternal Throne.

Oricon can reasonably be considered a 'core' story arc too, set between Makeb and Forged Alliances, but be aware it requires running two Operations (Dread Fortress & Dread Palace) to complete the quest line (basically, it works as a stand-alone story even if you make it your character's only involvement in the Dread War - but for full effect of that storyline you'll want to do KP, EC, SecX, TfB, S&V and the Seeker Droid mission chain first).

If you want to see everything, here's a list of all the post-50 content in chronological order. Make sure you have the "Show Exploration Missions" option toggled On on your map screen or else there will be some missions that aren't available. (Some of the references to Operations being Level 55 or whatnot are now out of date since 4.0 changed how end-game Ops work - but the chronological order still stands.)

Here's a list of all the post-Class Story storylines, based on the chronological order that max-level content was released (which seems to track the in-universe progression).

The Cold War and the Start of the Second Great Galactic War

• Class & Planetary Quests up through Corellia and the end of your Class Story plus Flashpoints as they become available (all Flashpoints have one-time quests that can be picked up on Fleet as soon as you hit the level for that Flashpoint and most of these quests can also be picked up on the level-appropriate planets)

Ilum and the New Empire

• Ilum Planetary Quests (starts with quest you should receive automatically once you finish your Class Story)
  • Battle of Ilum Flashpoint (continuing the Ilum quest line) [now available in solo-mode]
  • The False Emperor Flashpoint (concluding the Ilum quest line) [now available in solo-mode]

The Return of the Infernal One

• Eternity Vault Operation (one-time quest picked up on Fleet)

Prelude to the Hutt Cartel Conflict

• Karagga's Palace Operation (one-time quest picked up on Fleet) [briefly foreshadows The Dread War storyline.]

The Rakghoul Plague Outbreak

• Kaon Under Siege Flashpoint (one-time quest picked up on Fleet)
  • The Lost Island Flashpoint (concluding the one-time quest that started with Kaon)

The Black Hole Crisis

• Black Hole Daily Area (one-time quest picked up on Fleet starts the progression)

The Dread War Begins

• Explosive Conflict Operation (one-time quest picked up on Fleet)
  • Terror From Beyond Operation (one-time quest picked up on Fleet) [because this Operation has been adjusted to level 55 it's worth noting that nothing is glaringly out of order if you do this after Makeb, but it should be done before Scum and Villainy]
  • Section X Daily Area (one-time quest picked up on Fleet starts the progression)
  • HK-51 Quest Line (starts with quest picked up in Section X)

Conflict with the Hutt Cartel

• Scum and Villainy Operation (one-time quest picked up on Fleet) [because it is a level 55 operation, this is something you'll probably end up running after Makeb. Other than a single line of dialogue on the Republic one-time quest (response to "But their leader is dead!" dialogue option), nothing is badly out of place if you do this content after Makeb. This Operation also ties in to The Dread War storyline and should definitely be run if you want to experience that full story.]
  • Makeb Planetary Quest Line (starts with quest picked up on your ship's holo-terminal)
  • Shroud (Macrobinoculars) and Seeds of Rage (Seeker Droid) Quest Lines (each starts with a quest that can either be picked up on Makeb at around the halfway point of the planetary quest line, or on the Fleet once you hit level 52)[seeds of Rage questline also ties in to The Dread War storyline, should definitely be run if you want to experience that full story]

The Fall of Czerka

• CZ-198 Daily Area (one-time quest picked up on Fleet starts the progression)
  • Czerka Corporate Labs Flashpoint (continuing the CZ-198 one-time quest)
  • Czerka Core Meltdown Flashpoint (concluding the CZ-198 one-time quest)

The Dread War Ends

• Oricon Planetary Quest Chain (starts with quest that can be picked up either on Fleet or CZ-198)
  • Dread Fortress Operation (continuing the Oricon quest line)
  • Dread Palace Operation (concluding the Oricon quest line)

Forged Alliances

• Assault on Tython and Korriban Incursion Flashpoints (order is determined based on your faction, one-time quest picked up on fleet)
  • Depths of Manaan Flashpoint (quest to continue the progression picked up on fleet from same droid who gave part I)
  • Rakata Prime Flashpoint (quest to continure the progression picked up on fleet from same droid who gave parts I and II)

Shadow of Revan

• Rishi Planetary Quest Line (starts with quest picked up from Forged Alliances Droid on Fleet or from terminal on your Ship)
  • Blood Hunt Flashpoint (Rishi Quest Line directs you to it)
  • Battle of Rishi Flashpoint (Rishi Quest Line directs you to it)
  • Yavin IV Planetary Quest Line and Daily Area
  • Temple of Sacrifice Operation (one of two options for how to finish the Yavin IV Quest Line)
  • Ravagers Operation (one-time quest outside the Operation entrance on Rishi) [separate from main quest line with stand-alone plot, can be done anytime after you hit 60 and have been to Rishi]

Rise of the Emperor

• Ziost Planetary Quest Line (starts with quest picked up on fleet)
  • Ziost Daily Area (planetary quest line leads into it)

Knights of the Fallen Empire

• Quest Line [Chapters 1-16] (starts with quest picked up on your ship)
  • Star Fortress Flashpoints (pick up mission at Onderon base after Chapter 9 of the on-going quest line)
  • Recruitment Missions (become available from your Alliance menu after Chapter 9 of the on-going quest line)

Knights of the Eternal Throne

• Quest Line [Chapters 1-9]
  • Uprisings (available from the Galactic Command interface)

With 4.0, the 'breadcrumb' missions to the Black Hole and to Section X seem to have been pruned out as part of the 'streamlining' they did. All the missions in both areas are still there though, so you can still complete those and can still get HK-51 in SecX, you just have to head to the areas directly instead of picking up the "go there" mission from the Fleet.

Edited by DarthDymond

Oricon can reasonably be considered a 'core' story arc too, set between Makeb and Forged Alliances, but be aware it requires running two Operations (Dread Fortress & Dread Palace) to complete the quest line (basically, it works as a stand-alone story even if you make it your character's only involvement in the Dread War - but for full effect of that storyline you'll want to do KP, EC, SecX, TfB, S&V and the Seeker Droid mission chain first).

That's still debatable, because you basically end it with the Dread Masters calling you out for foiling their plans and you kind of going "Nah maybe next time" (if not doing the operations), which makes the whole quest to that point (the solo part anyway) end very abrupt.

I still feel to this day they should have just done the Dread Masters story through group content only rather than sticking a solo quest line smack bang in the middle without a proper resolution on it's own.

Edited by Jedi_riches

That's still debatable, because you basically end it with the Dread Masters calling you out for foiling their plans and you kind of going "Nah maybe next time" (if not doing the operations), which makes the whole quest to that point (the solo part anyway) end very abrupt.

I still feel to this day they should have just done the Dread Masters story through group content only rather than sticking a solo quest line smack bang in the middle without a proper resolution on it's own.

Sorry that's probably worded poorly, I meant that you can jump into Oricon (and then do DF + DP) and it works as a standalone story about taking down the Dread Masters, without having necessarily had to do the earlier Dread Master-related bits in EC, TfB, SecX, S&V and Seeker Droid first - the dialogue of the Oricon intro quest changes to reflect whether you've been fighting for Dread Masters for some time or if Oricon is your first foray against them.

I would definitely not say that Oricon gives you a full stand-alone story without doing DF & DP, you really should plan on doing those Ops if you want to experience the Oricon storyline.

Edited by DarthDymond

Sorry that's probably worded poorly, I meant that you can jump into Oricon (and then do DF + DP) and it works as a standalone story about taking down the Dread Masters, without having necessarily had to do the earlier Dread Master-related bits in EC, TfB, SecX, S&V and Seeker Droid first - the dialogue of the Oricon intro quest changes to reflect whether you've been fighting for Dread Masters for some time or if Oricon is your first foray against them.

I would definitely not say that Oricon gives you a full stand-alone story without doing DF & DP, you really should plan on doing those Ops if you want to experience the Oricon storyline.

Ah that makes sense now, sorry for misunderstanding. :)

Edited by Jedi_riches