Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Chronological Storyline Progression

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Chronological Storyline Progression

ChaChaLoco
01.25.2014 , 07:36 AM | #1
So, based on a combination of the level ranges, the class storyline, the storylines of each part individually and the order in which the content was released, I've compiled a list of the order of all planets, flashpoints and operations from start to finish for both the Empire and Republic sides.
This is for people who like to do things in the correct order so as not to miss a beat. For example, so they don't miss the breadcrumb quest on the fleet that sends you back to Nar Shaddaa to do the Bonus Series after the completion of Chapter 1 (which you would miss if you finished the Nar Shaddaa Bonus Series before completing Chapter 1).
Here it is for reference, post below with questions, comments, complaints, etc.
Wrapped each part in spoiler tags for convenience.

THE REPUBLIC:
Spoiler

THE SITH EMPIRE:
Spoiler

Thanks, and enjoy.

P.S: The Life Day, Gree, Rakghoul, Bounty and other such events aren't included as they do not really associate directly with anything else. The Gree event is loosely linked to the Hyperspace Warzone and TFB, the Rakghoul event is a direct result of Kaon Under Siege and Lost Island, but other than that... such events are just for cool gear and whatnot - no significant story value for the character, other than that mentioned.

JattaGin
01.25.2014 , 08:15 AM | #2
Good job, thanks. I'm someone who wants to do everything in correct order. The list comes way too late for me though. But surely helpful for new players.
+++ No referral link in here. Please move on. +++

Arkerus
01.25.2014 , 09:56 AM | #3
Just assuming its accurate. Thanks! That's really cool.
Hooning in the rex : http://youtu.be/xtXUM6yPMCY

ChaChaLoco
01.25.2014 , 06:51 PM | #4
No problem, some of the flashpoints like Hammer Station, Athiss, Mandolorian Raiders and Cademimu can really be done at almost any point, as they don't really have a direct connection to any planetary/class storylines, so I just slotted them in where I am about the level where I can do them.

Solloby
01.25.2014 , 07:07 PM | #5
Wow, great lists. Thanks!
The Shadowlands

Aries_cz
01.26.2014 , 03:06 AM | #6
Nice list. saved for future reference.
Member of Beast Riders, Tomb of Freedon Nadd and Czech Alliance, Red Eclipse
Without the darkness, how would we recognize the light?
Aries, admin of Czech/Slovak fansite SW-TOR.cz
Check out my story videos or support me by clicking my Referral Link

Darth_Wicked
01.26.2014 , 05:52 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by ChaChaLoco View Post
No problem, some of the flashpoints like Hammer Station, Athiss, Mandolorian Raiders and Cademimu can really be done at almost any point, as they don't really have a direct connection to any planetary/class storylines, so I just slotted them in where I am about the level where I can do them.
This is where I kinda call into question the validity of this list... Is it supposed to be a fair representation of how the game progresses, when it comes to the storyline continuity or is it latter a minor afterthought who really doesn't have any bearing in the list?

If not, you should probably consider making a second list for that, since as far as some of the bonus series are concerned, those were actually meant to be DONE before you left the planet the first time around. Several dialogue bits imply such really.

Also, some stuff like...

Spoiler

^^ Either way, the above is just an example as to the WHY I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to convey here: If a leveling guide to be followed, when it comes to going to a designated area or an fairly accurate representation of storyline progression.

ChaChaLoco
01.26.2014 , 06:28 AM | #8
What I meant by the Flashpoints having no direction connection was that if you do Quest A after doing Flashpoint A the dialogue the player character is presented with and can respond with does not change in comparison to if you do Quest A before Flashpoint A.
Therefore I just slot in those flashpoints where I am the required level to do them (approximately, keeping in mind I do every quest on every planet in accordance with my list, and each heroic at least once), and if they are part of a series (such as Taral V and Maelstrom) I try to do them as close together as possible to wrap up that storyline.
To me it wouldn't make sense to get the information from Taral V, and find out you urgently need to go to the Maelstrom Nebula only to disappear to Balmorra and Quesh first.

Darth_Wicked
01.26.2014 , 06:37 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by ChaChaLoco View Post
What I meant by the Flashpoints having no direction connection was that if you do Quest A after doing Flashpoint A the dialogue the player character is presented with and can respond with does not change in comparison to if you do Quest A before Flashpoint A.
Therefore I just slot in those flashpoints where I am the required level to do them (approximately, keeping in mind I do every quest on every planet in accordance with my list, and each heroic at least once), and if they are part of a series (such as Taral V and Maelstrom) I try to do them as close together as possible to wrap up that storyline.
To me it wouldn't make sense to get the information from Taral V, and find out you urgently need to go to the Maelstrom Nebula only to disappear to Balmorra and Quesh first.
Again, as I said, if the list is then supposed to be an accurate representation of how the storyline progresses, from a chronological standpoint, there are several errors in it.

Even though said flashpoints stand out in particular, when putting aside continuity, there are ALSO issues regarding how you placed the bonus series and even the operations, this time as far as continuity is concerned.

For example...
Spoiler

ChaChaLoco
01.26.2014 , 07:31 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Wicked View Post
Again, as I said, if the list is then supposed to be an accurate representation of how the storyline progresses, from a chronological standpoint, there are several errors in it.

Even though said flashpoints stand out in particular, when putting aside continuity, there are ALSO issues regarding how you placed the bonus series and even the operations, this time as far as continuity is concerned.

For example...
Spoiler
A precarious balance between organising this list according to storyline progression and game progression must be taken into account when looking at this. Also, it must be considered that BioWare could have made some errors/oversights in disregarding the "bigger picture" timeline while writing individual dialogue for the 8 classes of the game (which would be understandable given 8 class storylines with unique dialogue occurring at varying times in the Universe is a large amount of work).

Given S&V is a 55 Operation released with RotHC and given that Makeb is there to level players from 50-55, it makes more sense to place S&V after Makeb, and so that is what I've done.
In addition
Spoiler

In regards to the bonus series, they are placed where they are because that is where they fit in with the levelling structure, but also where the breadcrumb quest to go back and complete said bonus series is made available, and could therefore be said to be the time when the developers intended the player to go back and complete the bonus series for those planets.
Now honestly I'm not entirely certain if the Hoth Bonus Series breadcrumb quest is made available before or after finishing the Voss storyline, I read somewhere it was after, but confirmation would be appreciated.

Going back to the Flashpoints, realistically one would do them while completing the planet that most closely fits with the level range (so Hammer Station while doing Coruscant, Athiss while doing Taris, Mandalorian Raiders while on Nar Shaddaa and Cademimu while on Tatooine), but in actuality I find myself over-levelled for most of the content anyway by doing every quest and all heroics at least once per toon, so I slot them in at the end after I finish one or two planets and am back on the fleet. Again, as I said, with those Flashpoints they seem to be relatively disconnected so it can be hard to ascertain where exactly they are supposed to fit in, if anywhere in particular at all.

I do know 100% that the Flashpoints Taral V and Maelstrom Prison are definitely after the end of Chapter 1 as
Spoiler

Therefore Boarding Party and The Foundry also occur after Taral V and Maelstrom Prison (and by extension after Chapter 1) as
Spoiler

Please do point out any other errors you notice, and if they are glaringly obvious, or in desperate need of refinement I will correct them.

Thanks.