Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So you wanted to be a Starfighter pilot?!(GSF intro event)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
So you wanted to be a Starfighter pilot?!(GSF intro event)

Stradlin
05.09.2021 , 03:40 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Ttoilleekul View Post
Glad to hear this went well. Perhaps with the influx of Galactic Seasons players, this would be something worth doing on a regular/ semi-regular basis?
It might, depending on demand. At least this time around, we had a decent amount of new pilots and a perfect ratio of Vet/New pilots. Vet pilots are very important for this, nice that so many showed up despite it surely being little bit boring for them.

Basics Part II could be an idea too. Just that so much about that is better delivered in writing or by watching Desponds videos etc. Like..talking about ship builds sounds nice, but reading about them works better.

Ttoilleekul
05.09.2021 , 04:33 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Stradlin View Post
It might, depending on demand. At least this time around, we had a decent amount of new pilots and a perfect ratio of Vet/New pilots. Vet pilots are very important for this, nice that so many showed up despite it surely being little bit boring for them.

Basics Part II could be an idea too. Just that so much about that is better delivered in writing or by watching Desponds videos etc. Like..talking about ship builds sounds nice, but reading about them works better.
Something Invis did / does with me to push me onward and upward is create private games to spar with each other. We then expanded that and brought others into the fold. The net result is that in addition to my own increased/ increasing Scout abilities, we have created / made 3 new Battle Scout pilots, who were previously poor in a T2S, and are now there or thereabouts same level as me.

Now granted this was a dedicated and specific effort to create more good Battle Scout pilots, but the idea works for any level of skill / experience and any ship. Bring them into private games where they can practice 1v1 against a better pilot nerfing himself a bit, or against each other.
-Luc Nodaro