Leaper bug needs fixing NAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

madcappah

Over 2 months of waiting.

17 pages of complaints and proof in this thread.

SEVEN patches since this was reported with no fix in any of the patches. It first came about in 2.1.1 and now we are on 2.3

Still not acknowledged in the list of known bugs.

One mediocre (at best) response from a dev two months ago with no updates since then.

This has absolutely ruined any faith I had in my force charges and intercedes working reliably and has changed the fate of many huttball games.

How about you fix this f'ing bug before you release 2.4 so we won't have another PVP area where our jumps do not work?

Edited by madcappah

Oh a broken ability 2 months of waiting? try waiting since 1.4 for a fix to abilities then you have room the whinge

You say that like you think I would actually care about your broken ability. I don't. Fix my ability NAO and let Stephen's ability stay broken for another year! :rak_04:

Edited by madcappah

SEVEN patches since this was reported with no fix in any of the patches. It first came about in 2.1.1 and now we are on 2.3

One mediocre (at best) response from a dev two months ago with no updates since then.

This has absolutely ruined any faith I had in my force charges and intercedes working reliably and has changed the fate of many huttball games.

How about you fix this f'ing bug before you release 2.4 so we won't have another PVP area where our jumps do not work?

Bro, it's called a secret nerf.

I second this post.

How do you fix something when it's highly likely the problem's happening on your end, not the servers?

I've experienced the bug, and yes, it is a bit miffing. But no way I'd say frequent or serious enough, that would warrant this kind of intolerance.

Not to mention what happens with this "bug" just screams of "latency issues". I'm not even sure if its a real bug, but rather a random lag incident. Every single element of this so-called 'bug' is typical of latency issues.

All the developers can do is try software solutions to minimize lag, but ultimately, it means nothing if for some reason the connection from on your own FE is experiencing problems.

How do you fix something when it's highly likely the problem's happening on your end, not the servers?

I've experienced the bug, and yes, it is a bit miffing. But no way I'd say frequent or serious enough, that would warrant this kind of intolerance.

Not to mention what happens with this "bug" just screams of "latency issues". I'm not even sure if its a real bug, but rather a random lag incident. Every single element of this so-called 'bug' is typical of latency issues.

All the developers can do is try software solutions to minimize lag, but ultimately, it means nothing if for some reason the connection from on your own FE is experiencing problems.

It certainly could have a latency component, but that doesn't change that it wasn't an issue for a long time and then showed up for everyone with some frequency at the same time, after a patch. Definitely points to something on the application tier, not client side.

On the other hand, they may have fixed the "stuck in the invisible box after a jump" issue. I had a couple warzones last night that I got stuck and couldn't attack anyone, then was teleported back to wherever the server must have thought I was and allowed to go along my way stabbing faces. This is nice, especially after the change to /stuck in warzones that implemented the wait time. (Disclaimer - I have no issue with the /stuck wait time in regard to people using it as a "strategy" in warzones - it did just sorta suck for those of us that were actually *stuck* from time to time to be taken out of the fight for an additional period of time)

Apparently you've not experienced this bug enough. If it is happening on multiple people's computers regardless of their build and internet speed, logic would tell you that it's not latency or lag on our end. The common denominator is SWTOR.

Also, if it were lag or a latency issue, then it would not fail when jumping to a stationary target. Especially one who has been stationary for 15-20 seconds. So dude, learn what you're talking about before you post. You only serve to detract from the conversation to get a bug, that is a huge deal btw, fixed.