Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Any other leapers falling short of their destination?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Bug Reports
Any other leapers falling short of their destination?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

madcappah
06.04.2013 , 07:51 AM | #1
Over the past few days on my jugg I have noticed my long range jumps and intercedes are not working all the time. Sometimes the animation happens and I wind up back where I started and it cost me the use of my ability. Sometimes I stop mid way through the jump and fall to the floor and it cost me the use of that ability. It happened to me about a dozen times yesterday alone, the worst day so far.

In a game of huttball I went to jump from mid to a team mate on the lower platforms past the first fire at sandbags. I stopped in mid air over the pit and fell straight down. My team mate confirmed what I saw, he saw the same thing, I dropped in mid air. I guess this could be attributed to lag but it costs me my ability every time it does this when it does not work properly.

Is anyone else experiencing this?
<Public Enemies>
Prophecy of the Five
Dauktor Rockzo (Vengeance) / Rolla (Advanced Prototype)
Rocksy (Deception) / Rocksanne (Marksman) / Rahky (Medic)

Brissellio
06.04.2013 , 07:54 AM | #2
You definitely aren't the only one. Playing my Jugg earlier this morning and in civil war I force push a player down the steps and I leap to him. I end up inside the steps and falling through the map. This is the only instance that has happened to me is falling through the stairs in Civil war on the side nodes.

Tankqull
06.04.2013 , 07:54 AM | #3
jep especially in huttball im staying 10-15m away from my target after leaping(oo-range of crippling throw)

Jayshames
06.04.2013 , 07:56 AM | #4
Well, I went back to do Makeb daillies on my Guardian the other day and I usually leap to an enemy across a gap to skip a bunch of trash mobs on my dailly run. This time I leaped and fell right down the gap to my death.
You land next to your target for like a split second then miraculously teleport and fall short of target.

Skylancewalker
06.04.2013 , 08:04 AM | #5
Not only am I falling short but my root works maybe 1/4 of the time on other players for my leap ( no they do not have full resolve...nor should this matter its a root)

Alizaro
06.04.2013 , 08:11 AM | #6
Yes, saw this last night. It also happened when a sorc pulled me to her twice, dropped me down to the bottom level. Luckily I'd already passed her the ball.
Prophecy of the Five

Dark Force Rising (Témper, Shaddo, Tempermental, Alizar) 375 vr

TUXs
06.04.2013 , 08:36 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Skylancewalker View Post
Not only am I falling short but my root works maybe 1/4 of the time on other players for my leap ( no they do not have full resolve...nor should this matter its a root)
In 2.0, I know Troopers and BH's received an ability that we can use every 30seconds (lasts 6 I think) that prevents the root - that's probably what you're noticing.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

Leafy_Bug
06.04.2013 , 08:39 AM | #8
Look under the 'New Packs' Section in the Cartel Market. The fix is there, costs 950 cartel coins with subscriber discount of course. Makes you avoid falling short of your destination.

madcappah
06.04.2013 , 09:42 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Leafy_Bug View Post
Look under the 'New Packs' Section in the Cartel Market. The fix is there, costs 950 cartel coins with subscriber discount of course. Makes you avoid falling short of your destination.

SWEET! I get a discount on the fix! Good job, BW!! I think I'll buy 10 of the fixes just in case I'll need them.
<Public Enemies>
Prophecy of the Five
Dauktor Rockzo (Vengeance) / Rolla (Advanced Prototype)
Rocksy (Deception) / Rocksanne (Marksman) / Rahky (Medic)

Jayblazen
06.04.2013 , 10:29 AM | #10
We were in a ranked against a team with a guardian who interceded to a unstealthed shadow and out of no where he ported back to his original position.
Jayblazen 55 Powertech | Jayblaze 55 Sorcerer

Edsolo 55 Scoundrel