How to lose 400,000 subscribers in the first month, by BioWare

Elytharra

Real simple: Not having level 50s in their own warzone queue. I happen to be level 50 myself. It's just stupid that I have the time to type "/giggle" while tanking three level 10-30s on my healer, and I guarantee it's not fun for them.

Also, if we don't have a new warzone by the end of the first month, that's another few hundred thousand subscriber subs gone. The original three warzones are already hideously boring, and nobody but Sages/Inquisitors likes Huttball at all.

Edited by Zilrota
removed rude/inappropriate comments

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Real simple: Not having level 50s in their own warzone queue. I happen to be level 50 myself. It's just stupid that I have the time to type "/giggle" while tanking three level 10-30s on my healer, and I guarantee it's not fun for them.

Also, if we don't have a new warzone by the end of the first month, that's another few hundred thousand subscriber subs gone. The original three warzones are already hideously boring, and nobody but Sages/Inquisitors likes Huttball at all.

I hear WoW is great maybe you should check it out.

Edited by Zilrota
removed comments

Couldn't agree more.

Level 50 myself, playing this game mostly to PVP, leaving at the end of the month.

Simply pathetic how one sided the matches are. Just got out of one where I had 59 kills and the number one player on the other team had 7.

It was like doing hammer station easy mode at level 50 in a full group.

Also, if we don't have a new warzone by the end of the first month, that's another few hundred thousand subscriber subs gone. The original three warzones are already hideously boring.

Hi, I'm Roger Wilko from the statistics board. We'd love to hire you for having such keen knowledge without any charts or graphs on how many people will be leaving this game. We'll be contacting you shortly via secretary as we know that your probably very busy because your awesome number throwing.

Sincerely Roger

PS: /sarcasm off

Really?

Edited by Zilrota
edited quote

ok its better to get rid of naysayers before they corrupt this forums.

So you're thought is, get rid of people who don't agree with your opinion. Problem solved?

Right....

I hear WoW is great maybe you should check it out.

Odd fact, many people are comming from WoW to this game. Simply wanting the system to be better balanced for every one involved isn't a sign of needing to find a different game.

Acting as though having a different opinion makes someone less of a person or less entitled to voice their opinion and to enjoy a game they paid for and pay a subscription IS a sign of needing more maturity.

So you're thought is, get rid of people who don't agree with your opinion. Problem solved?

Right....

Odd fact, many people are comming from WoW to this game. Simply wanting the system to be better balanced for every one involved isn't a sign of needing to find a different game.

Acting as though having a different opinion makes someone less of a person or less entitled to voice their opinion and to enjoy a game they paid for and pay a subscription IS a sign of needing more maturity.

Why is it wrong though? People act as if these level 50s will roll one toon and stay with it for the rest of their starwars life. Its called a cycle. They will have to experience the same thing once you hit 50 and they reroll another toon. The way the game is now is awesome I'm loving the fact that I can down level 50s to a point where they come at me trying to jump me because I just embarrassed them.

Brackets do nothing but make people not que. Infact you level so fast in SWTOR there is no point for brackets 1-50 is like 2 weeks tops and that's without knowing what your doing.

The second time around will be a piece of cake.

You rushed to 50. Its not Biowares fault you have a wee bit too much time on your hands.

It isn't just people rushing to 50 who will quit the game. As it isn't they have have to fight an uphill battle.

This game's PVP gear gives you a fair advantage against anyone who does not have it.

This means that as more people hit 50 and start farming their PvP gear, it'll be harder and harder on lower levels to do anything.

This means that there will, essentially, be a brick wall that no newbie can pass when starting this game up.

Combine that with that crap that Illum turned out to be, and the problems you have with end games raids, and you've got yourself a sure fire way of losing a large number of subscribers.

This, in turn, will cause many others to quit simply because they see so many people doing so.

Edited by Faolon

The people who "rushed" to 50 are not going anywhere. They are LOVING logging in every night and spending 10 hours killing newbie after newbie and earning gear that is better then raid gear with zero effort.

I know because I group with these people. They are not unhappy with the state of things as a rule. They are playing this game because they want to kill n00bs all day and Bioware has made it CRAZY easy for them to do that.

The people quitting are the people who are going to TURN 50 over the next few months and have to fight them. The people who are quitting are the level 11s who are thinking "hey why don't I try PVP" and gets put in a warzone vs. two pre-made groups of 50s.

If you don't think this is a problem, you're lucky to be on a sever where it isn't. On some servers it's just horrible.

They (level 50 hardcore PVP people) camp the landing pad in civil war, using pull and leap abilities to kill people before they get off the speeder.

They score 5 points in hutt ball and then give the ball to a level 50 tank and just stand in a corner until the clock runs out, farming kills.

They camp the drop down spot of void star, killing people as they drop down.

I honestly think anyone who experience that as their first PVP experience and doesn't quit their subscription is just nuts, unless they are not interested in PVP at all, which is cool.

The people who "rushed" to 50 are not going anywhere. They are LOVING logging in every night and spending 10 hours killing newbie after newbie and earning gear that is better then raid gear with zero effort.

I know because I group with these people. They are not unhappy with the state of things as a rule. They are playing this game because they want to kill n00bs all day and Bioware has made it CRAZY easy for them to do that.

The people quitting are the people who are going to TURN 50 over the next few months and have to fight them. The people who are quitting are the level 11s who are thinking "hey why don't I try PVP" and gets put in a warzone vs. two pre-made groups of 50s.

If you don't think this is a problem, you're lucky to be on a sever where it isn't. On some servers it's just horrible.

They (level 50 hardcore PVP people) camp the landing pad in civil war, using pull and leap abilities to kill people before they get off the speeder.

They score 5 points in hutt ball and then give the ball to a level 50 tank and just stand in a corner until the clock runs out, farming kills.

I honestly think anyone who experience that as their first PVP experience and doesn't quit their subscription is just nuts, unless they are not interested in PVP at all, which is cool.

/agree and screw all you tards out there that flame this post...its a real problem.

What is the point of farming kills vs quickly getting a win and the rewards that come with it?

Nice statistics you got there. Source? A couple of threads here and there with raging stinking nerds yelling "I dont wanna play huttball, it reminds me of sports, I hate sports. I just wanna eat KFC and play mmo's!!1" Edited by xHPx

Real simple: Not having level 50s in their own warzone queue. And before you whiny little kids pipe in here, I happen to be level 50 myself. It's just stupid that I have the time to type "/giggle" while tanking three level 10-30s on my healer, and I guarantee it's not fun for them.

Also, if we don't have a new warzone by the end of the first month, that's another few hundred thousand subscriber subs gone. The original three warzones are already hideously boring, and nobody but Sages/Inquisitards likes Huttball at all.

Oh please.

Does it suck to be a low-level against 50s? Yes. But if they give 50s their own queue, queues will take exponentially longer, and you'll be back here complaining about that next. They can't win whether they make brackets or not.

400,000 subscribers? Lawls. Strong overreaction. A few hundred thousand subscribers if they don't make another warzone? Please. Who's the little kid again?

Edited by Dovahbrah

Oh please.

Does it suck to be a low-level against 50s? Yes. But if they give 50s their own queue, queues will take exponentially longer, and you'll be back here complaining about that next. They can't win whether they make brackets or not.

So you're okay with taking queues into games where you have virtually no chance of winning every time?

So you're okay with taking queues into games where you have virtually no chance of winning every time?

I've already stated that it sucks for low levels to fight against level 50s. I'm not disputing that. If they separate the 50s into their own bracket though, queues will get much worse for them. It's lose-lose. They make brackets and queues will grow exponentially; they leave it as is, and the lowbies will complain. However, the lowbies won't be lowbies forever, and most rational people will realize that they shouldn't base their PvP experience off of their early levels.

Plus, you're automatically assuming that whenever a lowbie queues, they won't be matched up with any 50s on their own side. From my experience, it's usually balanced out, with each side having their fair share of low-levels and 50s. So no, just because you face 50s, it does not automatically follow that you have virtually no chance of winning whenever you queue.

Couldn't agree more.

Level 50 myself, playing this game mostly to PVP, leaving at the end of the month.

Simply pathetic how one sided the matches are. Just got out of one where I had 59 kills and the number one player on the other team had 7.

It was like doing hammer station easy mode at level 50 in a full group.

can i have your stuff.

+1 to you!

In regards to those who say that there would be massive ques if bracketing was involved: At least people would play PvP more often at lower levels, which in a month or two will balance the teams out more.

Think ahead, if even 30% of the people dont PvP at mid to lower levels, they arent gaining the experience, so the balance becomes even more messed up for top end PvP.

Long story short, we need at the very least an optional bracketing system for lesser rewards if nessicary, while leaving un-bracketed as an option, and leave the rewards for that as they are now.

Check this post out on the same topic: The State Of PvP ( Warzones ) - Brackets Desperately Needed!

You rushed to 50. Its not Biowares fault you have a wee bit too much time on your hands.

This is a sound argument, backed up with clear facts and rock hard evidence. As you and I and many many other people are 50 and this fine educated person is not, it therefore means that you and I and many other level 50's did this so called "rushing" and have too much "time" on our hands.

This game should be played the way this man played it in order to achieve enjoyment. The sheer fact that there are people like the OP, myself and many others that are at this "hard to reach" and "high" level fifty status when clearly we shouldnt be as the game was not designed for people to reach this "high level" until Bioware had ample to time to create and fix content at said level and make sure its functioning. Shame on us.

This. Read BioWare !!!!

Edited by Lord_Karsk