Compete in the first ever Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Cosplay Contest! Join us on October 8, 2015 at the New York Comic Con Cantina Event. Celebrate the upcoming launch of Knights of the Fallen Empire and come dressed to impress. Send in the email portion of your entry by October 5th!
This event is FREE for everyone who wants to come, watch and share the fun with us and the Star Wars: The Old Republic community. Or, watch the contest live on www.twitch.tv/swtor at 8PM EDT and vote online to rank the top three winners!
WHERE: The Hard Rock Café at 1501 Broadway, New York, NY, 10036 between 43rd and 44th Streets (Main Café Room)
WHEN: Thursday, October 8, 2015. The Cantina Event is from 7PM – 11PM EDT and the Cosplay Contest will begin at 8PM EDT.
If you're not at the event, join us virtually starting at 8PM EDT at www.twitch.tv/swtor and vote online to rank the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners!
Arrive at the NYCC Cantina Fan Event and be in your costume by 7:00 PM EDT to give us time to check you in and get you ready to go.
If you need to change on-site, BE THERE EARLY! We’ll open doors for participants at 6:00PM and provide an area for you to change.
(NOTE: You must be physically present to participate and to be rewarded.)
$500 Amazon Gift Card
360 days of pre-paid subscription game time
14,500 Cartel Coins
All Player Strongholds fully unlocked: Coruscant, Dromund Kaas, Nar Shaddaa, Tatooine, Yavin 4
Popular in-game mounts:
$250 Amazon Gift Card
180 days of pre-paid subscription game time
5500 Cartel Coins
Tatooine Player Stronghold fully unlocked
Popular in-game mounts:
$100 Amazon Gift Card
120 days of pre-paid subscription game time
2400 Cartel Coins
Tatooine Player Stronghold base unlock
Popular in-game mounts:
Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Cosplay Contest
2015 Official Rules
You will need a Star Wars: The Old Republic (“SWTOR”) account (FREE) to participate in this contest. IF you do not already have a SWTOR account you can visit www.swtor.com/play-free to create one for free.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID IN QUEBEC AND WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. To Enter. The Star Wars: The Old Republic Cosplay Contest (the “Contest”) begins at 12:00:01 am EDT on Friday, September 4, 2015 and ends 11:00pm EDT on October 8, 2015 (“Contest Period”). To enter, you must complete both steps listed below (collectively, the “Entry” or “Entries):
(1) Visit www.swtor.com/cosplay (the “Site”) beginning 12:00:01 a.m. EDT on Friday, September 4, 2015 through 11:59:59 p.m. EDT on Monday, October 5, 2015 (the “Email Submission Period”) and follow the instructions to submit an email with your SWTOR account display name, SWTOR account email address, first and last name, and the name of the Star Wars: The Old Republic character you will cosplaying as at the Cosplay Contest Event described in step (2), with the words, “SWTOR Cosplay Contest” in the email subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org (collectively, the “Email Submission”). Email Submission will be deemed complete once Sponsor responds with approval of proposed cosplay costume.
(2) Participate in-person in the Cosplay Contest Event at the SWTOR NYCC Cantina Fan Event at the Hard Rock Café at 1501 Broadway, New York, NY on October 8, 2015 from 7:00pm EDT to 11:00pm EDT (“In-Person Submission Period”) by dressing in costume described in Email Submission replicating a character from the SWTOR video game and presenting your costume during the on-stage catwalk display.
No other methods of entry will be accepted.
Entries must incorporate only the Sponsor-provided assets depicted in the SWTOR video games (the “Contest Assets”) and/or the Entrant’s own originally created material.
2. Limit. You may submit only one entry. No group, or team efforts, or multi-author(ed) designs will be accepted in this Contest. For purposes of this Contest all Entries will be presumed authored by the person submitting the Entry.
3. Entry Requirements and Restrictions. By entering, Entrants warrant that their Entries contain only Sponsor-provided Contest Assets, if any, and/or their own, original creations. Entrants further warrant their Entries do not contain any third party copyrighted materials, and otherwise do not violate or infringe the rights, including, without limitation, copyrights, trademark rights or rights of publicity/privacy, of any third party. Sponsor grants Entrants a limited, non-exclusive, non-commercial license to use the Contest Assets solely in connection with, and as a part of, the Contest. Entrants shall otherwise have no right, title or interest in or to any Contest Assets, and any use of the Contest Assets (including use of the Entry that contains Contest Assets) other than as permitted by these Official Rules may constitute copyright and/or trademark infringement. Entries must not incorporate the facial likeness or name of the Entrant or any other person. Entries must not have been submitted in other contests or been previously published. Entries must be suitable for publication and appropriate for audiences at least 13 years of age. Entries must not contain any racial, religious or ethnic slurs, explicit language, obscene, pornographic, violent, or sexual content, libel, hate speech, reference to alcohol, drugs or other illicit substances or otherwise unlawful, inappropriate, objectionable, offensive or illicit content, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Entries must not contain any liquids, messy substances, pyrotechnics, real weapons, or anything that may pose a danger. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any Entry that does not follow these requirements and/or incorporates prohibited content. Disqualified entries will not be eligible to win any prize. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for lost, incomplete, incorrect, or misdirected entries. Proof of submission of Contest Entry is not considered proof of delivery or receipt of such Entry by Sponsor. Sponsor and its Agents (defined below) assume no responsibility for lost, late, intercepted, incomplete, incorrect, or misdirected entries, or Entries not otherwise received by Sponsor. Use of a false email account will disqualify an Entry. Sponsor and its Agents (defined below) are not responsible for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, misdirected entries, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, lost, late, illegible, misdirected, garbled, damaged or delayed electronic or other communications or other technical problems related to emailed Entries. Any communication or information transmitted to Sponsor and/or the Site by electronic mail or otherwise, is and will be treated as non-confidential and nonproprietary. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, further reserves the right to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of the Site, or who otherwise violates these Official Rules. By entering, Entrants accept and agree to abide by the terms of these Official Rules.
4. Eligibility. This Contest is only open to residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia and Canada (except Quebec) who are 13 years of age or older at time of entry and who had Internet access as of Friday, August 28, 2015. This Contest is void in Quebec. Employees of Electronic Arts Inc. (“Sponsor”), Lucasfilm, Disney, and their respective parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, advertising, promotion and publicity agencies (“Sponsor and its Agents”) and the immediate family members and persons living in the same household of each are not eligible. Contest is void where prohibited, restricted or taxed by law. All federal, state, provincial, and local laws and regulations apply.
5. Entry Judging And Posting For Public Voting. On Thursday, October 8, 2015, within 30 minutes after the Cosplay Contest Event participants have completed presenting their costumes, Sponsor or its designee, the Contest Judge, whose decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to the Contest, will independently evaluate and judge all eligible Entries received and select in its sole and absolute discretion, the top three (3) entries (collectively the, “Top Entry” or “Top Entries”) to be posted for public voting based on rankings in the following criteria: 25% Creativity of Costume, 25% Detail/Craftsmanship, 25% Cohesive Theme and 25% Overall Presentation.
The character names and pictures of the costumes of the Top Entries will then be posted on the SurveyMonkey website at www.surveymonkey.com/r/swtorcosplay on October 8, 2015 within 30 minutes from the completion of the Cosplay Contest participant presentations/catwalk, for public voting based on the same criteria above. Public voting will take place on October 8, 2015 for 15 minutes after the Top Entries are announced. Anyone is free to cast their vote for any Top Entry during the voting period.
6. Tabulation Of Public Voting Results; Winner Selection and Notification. On October 8, 2015, following the close of public voting, the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners will be determined and announced at the Cosplay Contest Event based on the Top Entry with the highest ranking or greatest number of votes as evidenced by public voting results. In the unlikely event of any ties based on public voting, the winner among the tying Top Entries will be selected by the Contest Judge, in its sole and absolute discretion, based on the Top Entry which, in the Contest Judges’ sole discretion, has the highest standing in the Overall Presentation category. The Contest Judge’s decisions are final and binding. The potential winners will be determined and announced at the Cosplay Contest Event. Potential winners must be present to win. If a potential winner is not present, fails to sign and/or return the Declaration of Eligibility within the required time period, refuses the prize, is ineligible to accept the prize, or the prize is returned as undeliverable, the potential winner forfeits the prize. If a winner is 18 or older, as required, but a minor in his or her state, country or providence of residence, winner’s parent or legal guardian will be required to sign all necessary documents. Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules; all prizes claimed in accordance with these Official Rules will be awarded. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified or the prize is forfeited for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize, time permitting given the nature of the prize, to an alternate winner using the skill-based criteria set forth above from all remaining eligible Entries. Only three (3) alternate winners will be selected, after which EA retains the discretion to donate the applicable prize to a charity of Sponsor choosing. Potential winners may be required to provide a shipping address to claim prize. Physical portions of the prizes will be given to winners at the Cosplay Contest Event on October 8, 2015. In-game/digital portions of the prizes will be entitled to the SWTOR account indicated on the Email Submission by October 31, 2015 11:59PM EDT.
7. Prizes. There are 3 prizes. Odds of winning any prize depend upon the number of eligible entries in the Contest. All entrants will receive 1050 Cartel Coins, which will be entitled to the SWTOR account indicated on the Email Submission by October 31, 2015 11:59PM EDT.
One (1) First Prize:
First Prize Total Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $973 USD.
One (1) Second Prize:
Second Prize Total ARV: $429 USD.
One (1) Third Prize:
Third Prize Total ARV: $191 USD.
Prizes are not transferable. No substitution of prizes for cash or other goods and services is permitted, except Sponsor reserves the right to provide a substitute prize of approximately equal or greater value if an advertised prize becomes unavailable. Software and video games, including platform and/or versions to be awarded as prizes are within the sole discretion of Sponsor and subject to availability. Platforms/consoles are not included in prizes except as otherwise stated in these Official Rules. All taxes, including, without limitation, all federal, state, provincial, and local taxes, and international tariffs, are the sole responsibility of the individual winner.
8. License. By entering this Contest, each entrant expressly grants to Sponsor, its affiliates and agents a non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide, complete, sub-licensable and irrevocable right to quote, re-post, publish, use, adapt, translate, archive, store, reproduce, modify, create derivative works from, syndicate, license, print, sublicense, distribute, transmit, broadcast, and otherwise communicate, and publicly display and perform the Entry, or any portion thereof, in any manner or form and in any medium or forum, whether now known or hereafter devised, without notice, payment or attribution of any kind to entrant or any third party. Entrant further waives and agrees not to assert any moral or similar rights entrant may have in such Entry. Except if Entrant is a resident of TN or otherwise where prohibited by law, Entrant agrees that Sponsor, its affiliates and agents, have the right to use the entrant’s first and/or last name, user or screen name and hometown on Sponsor’s and/or its Agents respective websites and in any and all media in and in connection with promotion, publicity, marketing and advertising for the Star Wars: The Old Republic videogame franchise, existing or future Star Wars: The Old Republic video games, this Contest or other promotions by Sponsor and/or its Agents without any further attribution, notification or compensation to entrants. Sponsor shall have no obligation (express or implied) to use any of the Entries, including the winning Entries and Entrants shall not be entitled to any damages or other relief by reason of Sponsor’s use or non-use of any entry.
9. General Conditions. By participating in the Contest, participants assume sole liability for and agree to indemnify and hold Sponsor, their affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents, harmless from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, injuries, costs or debt, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees) claimed to be caused from participating in this Contest or the acceptance, possession, shipping and handling, loss, use or misuse of any prize awarded. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, computer virus, bug, tampering, or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor has the right to select winners from eligible entries at any time before the termination of the Contest. If terminated Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, determine the winners from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received up to time of such action using the judging procedure outlined above. By participating in this Contest, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Contest Judges and to be contacted by Sponsor or its agents by telephone, mail and/or email regarding this Contest. If there is a dispute regarding the identity of an entrant, the Entry will be deemed submitted by the person in whose name the email account is registered. The Contest is governed by the laws of the United States and all claims must be resolved in the United States.
10. Winners list. A winners list will be available at www.swtor.com after all winners are determined and verified, and posted for approximately two (2) weeks and is also available by sending a stamped, self-addressed envelope to “Star Wars: The Old Republic Cosplay Contest,” Electronic Arts Inc., c/o BioWare Austin Marketing Department, 3110 Esperanza Crossing Suit 110, Austin, TX 78758 for receipt by October 23, 2015.
11. Sponsor. This Contest is sponsored by Electronic Arts Inc., 209 Redwood Shores Parkway, Redwood City, CA. 94065.
©2015 Electronic Arts Inc.