Transferring a character, and then?

KitKatDave

Im not exactly new but figured this is the best forum to ask this sort of thing. I have recently returned from a long break and noticed that the server with my characters has become less popular, so im considering moving to a more populated server.

On the server i currently play i have a level 50 legacy with 8 characters of level 60 or above, on the server im considering moving to i have no characters, no legacy, nothing.

If i were to transfer ALL of these characters to another server, do i keep the legacy, it´s achievements, unlocks and all that? Do my fully completed strongholds also transfer or will these get deleted? Are the items in my cargo holds safe?

Additionally, if i were to transfer only one, or a few, characters, what happens than to the aforementioned subjects?

Im especially concerned about my strongholds because there is a LOT of credits invested in those.. :p

Hopefully someone can provide some clarity, thanks in advance!

There's a thread discussing this on the first page of the New Player Forum already:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=913177

Here's some info on how Legacy transferring works:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=6394323#post6394323

Will my Legacy, Achievements, and Collections all transfer with my character?

Yes! All of your Legacy unlocks, Achievements earned, and triggered Collections will be waiting for you.

What happens if I have a Legacy on both my source and destination servers?

Whichever Legacy is of a higher level will take precedence and become your new Legacy. This has no affect on unlocks, the unlocks from both Legacies will combine. For example: You are transferring a character from the Bastion to the Harbinger. The character you are transferring from the Bastion is in a level 27 Legacy. Currently on Harbinger you have a level 13 Legacy. After the transfer you will now have a level 27 Legacy on Harbinger which combines the unlocks from both servers.

You only need to transfer one character from the Legacy 50 server to get all the of Legacy unlocks etc. on the new server, no need to transfer every single one. When Legacies merge, your Legacy on the original server should be unaffected. Legacy cargo holds do not transfer, so be sure to take your items out. And Decorations should transfer but Strongholds do not transfer if they were bought with credits, they only transfer if they're bought with CC.

More information can be found here:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/star-wars/star-wars-the-old-republic/swtor-character-transfers/#achievements

Edited by Anduhar

Im not exactly new but figured this is the best forum to ask this sort of thing. I have recently returned from a long break and noticed that the server with my characters has become less popular, so im considering moving to a more populated server.

On the server i currently play i have a level 50 legacy with 8 characters of level 60 or above, on the server im considering moving to i have no characters, no legacy, nothing.

If i were to transfer ALL of these characters to another server, do i keep the legacy, it´s achievements, unlocks and all that? Do my fully completed strongholds also transfer or will these get deleted? Are the items in my cargo holds safe?

Yes, yes, and mostly yes.

Your Legacy will essentially be copied to the new server, with your legacy level, achievements, and unlocks preserved. Strongholds do transfer (details below). Items in your characters' personal inventories, and their Cargo Holds will transfer. Any Items in your Legacy Stroage will not. Also, any items in your mail inbox will not transfer, nor will any items you have listed on the GTN.

Additionally, if i were to transfer only one, or a few, characters, what happens than to the aforementioned subjects?

Im especially concerned about my strongholds because there is a LOT of credits invested in those.. :p

Transferring one will have the same effect for your Legacy on the new server as transferring all of them, if you transfer them all at the same time.

Note that if your transfer all your characters off the "old" server, and then later go back and create a new character on the "old" server, your "old" Legacy will still be there, with all the achievements, unlocks, etc., you had before still present. (But new achievements on the new server will not be present on the old one. After the transfer, the two legacies will be completely separate, and nothing you do on one server will affect your legacy on the other.)

Decorations should transfer but Strongholds do not transfer if they were bought with credits, they only transfer if they're bought with CC.

Not exactly.

Strongholds do transfer, but they will need to be "activated" on the new server. If you bought the stronghold with Cartel Coins, the activation will be free. If you bought it with credits, you will need to pay the same initial purchase price again. Either way, once your stronghold is activated, any expansions you had unlocked on the original server will also be unlocked on the new one, without additional cost.

Decorations do transfer, that is correct. But they will not be placed in your stronghold(s) on the new server. You will have to do your decorating all over again.