Stuck at descent into the core story mission ( imp )

commanderBWolf

So I am stuck at the point of the mission where I need to defend the equipment or whatever killed the two little mobs that spawned and waited, waited and guess what? Waited nothing happened. So there are supposed to be waves and stuff but nothing spawned. I also reset the mission twice. And also in the area mercs and those underworld things spawn instead of just the creatures. Also after a while the mercs and monsters respawn aswell don't know if that is supposed to happen or not. Any help would be appreciated.

Edit: So with the new update they messed the Makeb story mission up ( also some type of texture tearing or something ) now what I am asking to myself is How did they mess up these two things while they had nothing to do with Kotet? While the story mission and textures were fine before ( imo )

Edit 2: They fixed the mission so this post is no longer valid.

Edited by commanderBWolf
Extra info

Likewise

The "Descent into the core" mission on Makeb is hopelessly bugged and cannot be completed. Without completing this mission the entire Makeb story arc cannot be completed.

I have killed the "Regulator Deep Assault Commander" at least 4 times and wave after wave of minions. Spend at least 20 minutes sitting here killing everything in sight. The Boss mob never spawns and so it cannot be killed to end the mission.

My character progression is halted, and I am not impressed.

So it seems we are developing quite the community.

I too am stuck here and if you search previous forums it seems this is a problem that goes back ages.

DEVS do something about it !!!!!!!

In my case I see the cutscene and get told to defend the devise but NO "swarms" of anything show up.

Like the rest of you I have reset several times without success. My progress is halted and I am not happy. I did not spend large amounts of money on premium accounts and upgrades to be stopped by a problem that should have been fixed years ago.

Edited by xX_Sylver_Xx

Same here. Nothing spawned, but I've been battling the people here for close to an hour before realizing nothing was triggering. Good thing I looked here. Glad to know I'm not crazy, but I can't believe this has been a bug for so long. Players progressions are being stopped and it's ridiculous this is still a thing. *shakes head in disappointment

I've reinstalled four times. Cleared bitraider folder etc.

Nada. I guess the silver lining is that this is a game-wide issue. Also; after the second reinstall I can no longer change my screen resolution. I posted this in another thread but I suppose this one is more appropriate? New to the forums, sorry.

**Edit**

Actually got a response on the report I'd made. It was just a canned, "Yeah. It's bugged. Sorry. Keep checking future patch notes."

I'm not about to re-roll a level 62 character to progress in the story. I guess it ends here as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by Skull_Throne

Same issue, have reset the quest multiple times now to see if it will work with no luck.

How much will I lose if I skip the rest of the story line and start up with Chapter I: The Hunt?

I get the warning

"Warning! You are about to progress beyond a critical story point and begin Knights of the Fallen Empire. Any class content or companion stories you have not completed will become unavailable to you. it also means your crew of available companions will dramatically change."

So we can never go back and pick up the story line when/if they do fix this bug......?

Reset the quest once and nothing happened, pretty much everybody in chat is complaining about the same issue. It appears everybody is experiencing this, I haven't come across anyone who has not experienced this bug since the patch.

There is a second bug with this, perhaps part of the same issue and that is if I hit an enemy when they are part of the same group only the ones hit by my ability attack me when in fact the entire group of enemies should turn to attack me once one of them gets hit. The enemies also just stand still when not attacked, so no idle animation for many of the enemies which is very odd.

So basically:

No Idle animations for low difficulty enemies

Enemies part of the same spawn group do not attack me even if others part of the group are attacked

No mobs spawn when told to defend the equipment therefore halting progression in the level and entire story arc

- From what I gather it almost seems as though the room is stuck in one instance and none of the commands for this particular room are being executed properly.

email from customer support ........

Greetings,

Thank you for contacting Star Wars: The Old Republic Customer Support.

We wanted to let you know that we identified the problem you ran into as a bug. We’ll fix it in a future game update.

Keep an eye on http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes for details on bug fixes included in each game update.

Galactic Support is our specialty….

Thank you,

The Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Customer Support Team.

email from customer support ........

Greetings,

Thank you for contacting Star Wars: The Old Republic Customer Support.

We wanted to let you know that we identified the problem you ran into as a bug. We’ll fix it in a future game update.

Keep an eye on http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes for details on bug fixes included in each game update.

Galactic Support is our specialty….

Thank you,

The Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Customer Support Team.

I received the same response with my ticket.

First, after Makeb (RotHC) and things going with it (CZ-198, Oricon), it's Shadows of Revan (SoR) expansion (Rishi, Yavin 4 and Ziost) then KotFE.

Starting KotFE doesn't stop players to do or finish Makeb but it does for SoR.

My advice would be to move on to SoR or KotFE directly (if you never want to do SoR) and go back later to Makeb once they fix it again.

I was on Makeb last night and saw several people having this problem. I haven't gotten to that step in the quest chain yet so it makes me concerned.

Looks like it was a problem a few years ago, but got patched(?) Now its back... did they use a regressive build for 5.0? Hopefully a quick fix.

Same issue, have reset the quest multiple times now to see if it will work with no luck.

How much will I lose if I skip the rest of the story line and start up with Chapter I: The Hunt?

I get the warning

"Warning! You are about to progress beyond a critical story point and begin Knights of the Fallen Empire. Any class content or companion stories you have not completed will become unavailable to you. it also means your crew of available companions will dramatically change."

So we can never go back and pick up the story line when/if they do fix this bug......?

The Ilum and Makeb storylines are not affected by KoTFE, so you can go back and do them when they are fixed. Shadow of Revan and Ziost ARE locked out if you start KotFE, so if you want to do those, do them before you start KotFE

In my case I see the cutscene and get told to defend the devise but NO "swarms" of anything show up.

Like the rest of you I have reset several times without success. My progress is halted and I am not happy. I did not spend large amounts of money on premium accounts and upgrades to be stopped by a problem that should have been fixed years ago.

Same issue here... Very annoying since I rerolled this new character just to do all the storylines in order, and this halts progression.

Edited by wizzlestick

I am having the same issue. Came back to the game after a year away only to be stopped dead in my tracks at this stupid effing bugged mission. Unbelievable.

Also wanted to add, it is an instanced area yet the mobs are re-spawning extremely quickly - they shouldn't be re-spawning at all.

Bioware's refusal to acknowledge this is infuriating. The canned BS responses people are recieving from their tickets exhibit utter incompetence

Edited by kimdante