Bug list

Sliceofhell

By level 30 I have encountered many minor bugs, and at some point I have decided to write them down. Here is the list:

• can't reverse engineer bombs, even though it says I can and have enough skill to do that

• sometimes time remaining during crafting showing incorrectly, it says 0s left and stays like that for 20+ seconds

• chat customization got reset to defaults for no reason (happened to me once)

• sometimes when selecting text in chat game hangs for 2 sec (type something, then press shift+home)

• random dialogs of NPCs or other player's companions popping out of nowhere

• blue "quest" objects with an error message "not eligible for conversation"

• some scavenging items can't be looted, even though on the map it shows as lootable

• Mako's healing leave green glowing that never fades

• talking to NPC while mounted dismounts you, but doesn't insta-summon the companion, so you can't gain companion affection points. You have to dismount manually and then start conversation

I hope my findings will help. Please share yours as well.

• can't reverse engineer bombs, even though it says I can and have enough skill to do that

• sometimes time remaining during crafting showing incorrectly, it says 0s left and stays like that for 20+ seconds

• chat customization got reset to defaults for no reason (happened to me once)

• sometimes when selecting text in chat game hangs for 2 sec (type something, then press shift+home)

• random dialogs of NPCs or other player's companions popping out of nowhere

• blue "quest" objects with an error message "not eligible for conversation"

• some scavenging items can't be looted, even though on the map it shows as lootable

• Mako's healing leave green glowing that never fades

• talking to NPC while mounted dismounts you, but doesn't insta-summon the companion, so you can't gain companion affection points. You have to dismount manually and then start conversation

I hope my findings will help. Please share yours as well.

• Sith corruption resets at disconnects

• Some options reset at game crashes (autoloot etc.)

• Autoloot not working if two people simultaniusly loot

• Conversation to pop up at random when grouping after anyone has a load screen

• Conversation affection points for companions not registering when grouped and not winning roll. (both + and -)

• Glithing animations such as stuffing a lasersword trough yoru body during a cutscene, running around in combat animation without having lightsword on.

• Companions evading inside walls.

• nodes showing on minimap if they are activated by other player and not looted (can't be used by anyone else)

• Melee AoE delayed and hard to hit unless stationary, while casting on move it is entirely depended on your MS where it lands.

• 'enchanted tooltips' actually does not tell how much x rating gives in relic effects, or relic cooldowns for that matter

• People/companions shooting blasters at dead corpses for untill engaged in another action.

• Party member not involved if you have a problem with instancing in your quest (Happens more then you might think if you play with a friend and then do a pug instance, or someone is joining you mid instance)

Edit:
  • the flight missions are daily quests duable twice on first gain of the flight missions. Not sure if ment to be, but a bit silly if it is.

• Elevators. Other then standing still on them pritty much won't work. Getting squashed by them locks you under them, then pulls you up while your inside of it. Jumping on them results in your death by falling trough. Jumping on them while they are on the ground sometimes makes you stand on the ground and the elevator just goes away. Companions also start spasming on some elevators.

Theres far more, I just have the worst memory so my parther would actually remember all of them.

Edited by Sohtaraz

While reading your list I have remembered a couple more:

• getting stuck inside objects, happens quite often
  • /stuck sometimes teleports you in a far unexplored location
  • ranged AOE spells marking doesn't represent actual area of coverage
  • when in a not full group dismounting a speeder doesn't resummon your companion

Just off the top of my head

PVP flagged players jumping into AE range, auto flags the non PVP player casting the AE [on PVE servers]

No Combat log

Now and then companions appear to be drug around on the ground after combat with some Elites.

Auto targeting doesn't always prioritize nearest target and perhaps its range is too long

Targeting sometimes gets stuck on dead target forcing player to manually pick the next target with mouse [even tab doesn't fix it]

Some non tanking companions are pulling aggro like tanks and companion tanks are not holding aggro well [also tank companions are taking too much damage]

On large map some of the items you pick to see are not showing up [mailbox, ect]

Edited by Seraki

Wild idea: File tickets.

They exist for this reason.

I have no intrest in getting more spam from EA for them receiving tickets, nor am I responsible for their QA, nor am I a paid tester. If they have a problem with acknowledging threads like this that is pritty much their problem. Not to mention most people while playing play keep playing, and this might actually help them to remember a bug related to something similiar from reading about it.

[*] The healer robot actually goes in to melee to hit enemise instead of sitting back and healing by default. Might want to switch him to passive as a default option so he dosnt die so easely. (Yes not designed for combat... But hes a healer non the less)

[*] Vette breaks her own channels sometimes if you give her commands.

[*] Lacking option for fullscreen map making it static while move, you can change its opacity to 100% that still disables you from chanching what is tracked while moving.

Edit: I decided to make some sense after all.

Edited by Sohtaraz

No Combat log

As far as I know it's intended.

Just off the top of my head

PVP flagged players jumping into AE range, auto flags the non PVP player casting the AE [on PVE servers]

I had similar issue. Player of the same faction was running near me with a bunch of mobs on his tail, while I was fighting another group. Those mobs stopped and killed me. Even though I haven't done any AOE. Right after they continued the pursuit.

Edited by Sliceofhell

•  
  • Players can't join your class quest holoconversation when on the players ship as quest. (Annoyyying when I want to see two stories.)

• Players flat out cant see some of the holo conversations as well.

• Enemies keep channeling even if channel is interrupted.

Edited by Sohtaraz

• Companion pathfinding can be very unpredictable. When I set Mako on passive, so that she runs towards me, she can sometimes run in completely opposite direction, pulling packs of mobs on the way.
  • During cutscenes of a spaceship leaving the dock, door of that spaceship stays in place.

Edited by Sliceofhell

[*] If you give gifts to your companion before getting ship you can get conversation that start with the phrase refering to your ship.

[*] If you gain more points then the first two conversations with your companion before getting ship your companion (vette) alteast was bugged under the floor (quest showed she was directly under the holodevice) untill you visited a new planet entirely, stepped outside and went back in.

[*]Repeated missed voices from companions returning from missions, ie saying they failed on critical success. critical success on fails. Seems all over the place.

Edit. Oh yes that does remind me of this bug.

[*] After cancelling video sometimes you end up standing at the ship door without the loading screen starting at all.

Edited by Sohtaraz

[*]Repeated missed voices from companions returning from missions, ie saying they failed on critical success. critical success on fails. Seems all over the place.

Even though it's obviously a bug, I find it hilarious. Can't help but chuckle at my servant droid's excuses.

I think it's a future. <Esc> is for canceling the travel and <space> for skipping the cutscene.

[*] After cancelling video sometimes you end up standing at the ship door without the loading screen starting at all.

[*] Companions wont sell grey items sometimes, no idea what is causing it. Seems to happen allways.

[*] Companions keep an eye contact with you, resulting in some hilariously akward moments. (Khem Val "I like killing force users", Inquistor *Meep stare*)

[*] Sith sitting animations. Pressing X will allways give the emote text as well, cant we just have sit animation without the emote?

[*] Typing while doing space missions sometimes akward, also R button not binded to reply during it.

[*] Exp rewards for low end space quests very high.

[*] Music not looping in nar shaddaa, incidentally same songs stuck on loops in cantina. Slightly annoying.

[*] Guild tab is bugged for what seems allways, showing maybe one member out of [x] members, if even that.

[*] No taunt on juggernaut untill level 15. Yes I call this a bug on a tank class.

[*] Speeches not loading, no cyncronisation at class quest speeches so you have no idea if your friend is with your or not.

I think it's a future. <Esc> is for canceling the travel and <space> for skipping the cutscene.

Yes I do know of this, sometimes loadscreen take a bit of time to reload. Speaking of. *updates the bug list*

Edited by Sohtaraz

Even though it's obviously a bug, I find it hilarious. Can't help but chuckle at my servant droid's excuses.

I'm afraid the best 'bug' so far is the fact that Vette is all about defending the innocents. I spend a good 20 minutes with Vette in Nar Shaddaa telling her to go throw grenades to civilians and listening her yell her overly excited battlescreams such as; "Take that!" :D

• When grouped with other players, but out of range, if you open a chest you are forced to roll need or greed for the loot. The other players cannot roll, and you cannot get the loot without disbanding from the group and re-opening the chest.
  • The default behavior of "r" when responding to tells is wonky. 90% of the time, it's fine, but every once in a while it will fail, and if you don't notice, your response gets dumped into general chat. Seems to mostly happen when your respondee is on another planet.
  • F1 F2 F3 F4 keys - In most games, you are F1, the first person in the group in the list on the left is F2, the next person is F3, etc. I always group with the same two people, M and E. If I am just grouped with M, he's F2 as expected. However, when I group with M and E, M is always at the top of the list on the left, regardless of who started the group invites, but he is ALWAYS F3 and E is ALWAYS F2, even though that is not their order on the group UI.
  • When running with two monitors in windowed mode, if you click away and work in the second monitor, then click back into TOR, there's an icon attached to your cursor, usually a spell dragged off your quickbar that you have to carefully replace, or an item from your inventory that you now have to be careful not to delete.
  • When dragging and dropping items in inventory and bank and between character panes, the item "sticks" to the cursor after you've dropped it, and left-click to try and clear the icon attempts to delete the item.

Edited by Laene

Stances can overlap and do not cancel each other, Vette currently is going Sniper and Assault for example, this is caused by I believe a level up, but probably should be hardcoded that two stances of any class that are supposed to overwrite each other ACTUALLY overwrite.

that's funny. the only bug i've seen that was listed in the OP was the unharvestable gathering nodes

and i've tested a few of these(jumping on an elevator, letting the elevator try to squish me, etc)

same with the bugs listed by the first 3-4 replies in this thread. never seen them before

sucks to be you! :p

and i've tested a few of these(jumping on an elevator, letting the elevator try to squish me, etc)

Elevator bug is depended on the elevators, fleet elevators for example work just fine. Balmorra elevators inside factories, the big yellow ones, all have the problem of getting you stuck within them if they squish you.

Edited by Sohtaraz

So since you guys are talking about bugs I thought I would drop some screen shots of the weird ones I have had so far. I am not sure what they would fall under but here goes nothing...

Bug One - PAIN!!!

My character was stuck in this position for a full 2 mins after a fight with an npc and getting force choked. She started on the ceiling than fell down to normal eye level. ./stuck wouldn't fix this either.

Bug One

Bug Two - FOUR CRAFTING PROFESSIONS

This bug shows me with 4 crafting professions. Yep, that's right four, and for some reason two of them are not mine. And while its like this I cant send companions out on missions, I cant unlearn these, much less learn new ones. Reloading the UI doesn't help, nor does a soft log.

Bug Two

Bug Three - NOT SO DEAD COMPANION

My companions tend to glitch out and get dragged around behind me on the ground, not game breaking, but really annoying to watch them fight from this position....

Bug Three