Can't romance Lana

Mynden

Done it on several comps, flirted with her every chance, never kneeled to Valk. I didn't romance her in SoR though. At the end of chapter IX I'm unable to get the flirt option to initiate the romance dialogue in the cantina. ***

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That can't be right. There's dialogue in Fallen Empire that appears to be specifically written for starting a new romance with her. It sounds like the same bug people have been reporting since Anarchy in Paradise. Edited by OldVengeance

There was a post from the devs a while back that said you had to do specific flirts to flag the romance, SoR being some of them, so If you didnt flirt with her in SoR your probably SoL.

This isn't true. Many people report not romancing her in SoR and being able to start it in KOTFE

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=872132&highlight=Lana+romance

This isn't true. Many people report not romancing her in SoR and being able to start it in KOTFE

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=872132&highlight=Lana+romance

Ok, correct info, SoR helps but isnt required, all flirts in KOTFE are required though.

Hey everyone,

We have seen quite a few reports about the Romance system being broken, and I wanted to clarify a few things. A number of the issues being reported are not, in fact, bugged. .

I have also seen mention of not being able to romance one of the new characters (Lana, Theron, Koth) being a bug. As far as we can tell, this is not bugged at this time. In order to romance these characters, you must consistently choose flirt options with them throughout KOTFE (having a relationship with Theron or Lana back in Shadow of Revan also contributes to their romances, but is not required) and you must choose a particular option in Chapter IX to pursue a full romance with one of them. If anyone finds that this is not the case for their character, definitely let us know!

Best,

Tait

Edited by XiamaraSimi

I didnt romance her in SOR and I still got the flirt option. You should hit EVERY flirt option and choose dialog choices she approves of to gain her influence, and make sure you dont flirt with others.

I know, as I said I did that. i've romanced her on other characters. I know how to make that happen. I'm not posting here for help, I'm reporting a bug.

I can confirm that this is in fact a recent bug.

Prior to 4.1 I had the "I need to speak to one of you" flirt option, and I could pick between Koth, Lana or Theron.

I know this, because I picked them all in turn the see the dialogue. I didn't lock in any of the romances though, and I didn't go back to the cantina until after 4.1 hit.

After 4.1I can't pick any of them at all. If I chose the flirt "I need to speak to one of you" option, my character says "Theron, do you have a moment?". This would be ok if I was going to romance Theron, but I was trying to romance Lana....

I can confirm this as well.

I played chapter 1-8 before 4.2, did all the Lana-Flirts (had picked her in SoR as well), used Valky's Power only once, and tried to lock in the romance after 4.2. Same as I did with 5 other characters before. :cool:

No [Flirt]-Option in the cantina.

Resetting the chapter, picking one [Flirt]-Option with Theron (testing stuff), which made Theron, and only Theron available.

Resetting again, this time picking no Flirt-Option with Theron, and he is still available in the cantina scene. But only him.

So I filed a CS ticket, and got the (automated) response, that this is a bug that needs to be fixed in a patch, and that I should file a bug report, which I did.

Now my Sage is stuck at the beginning of chapter 9, until that is fixed.

I can confirm this as well.

I played chapter 1-8 before 4.2, did all the Lana-Flirts (had picked her in SoR as well), used Valky's Power only once, and tried to lock in the romance after 4.2. Same as I did with 5 other characters before. :cool:

No [Flirt]-Option in the cantina.

Resetting the chapter, picking one [Flirt]-Option with Theron (testing stuff), which made Theron, and only Theron available.

Resetting again, this time picking no Flirt-Option with Theron, and he is still available in the cantina scene. But only him.

So I filed a CS ticket, and got the (automated) response, that this is a bug that needs to be fixed in a patch, and that I should file a bug report, which I did.

Now my Sage is stuck at the beginning of chapter 9, until that is fixed.

Has there ever been an official conformation that this is a known bug and they are working on it? I can't advance my characters past Chapter IX until it's fixed.

After I got the pop up box asking if I wanted to continue to enter into a relationship with Lana, I haven't seen a single thing or had any option to continue it. All thru chaps 10 & 11 there was not a single chance to flirt or any private conversations with her. She may as well be one of the other bot NPC's. Was just wondering if this is normal and there is nothing further with Lana, or is it some kind of bug?

After I got the pop up box asking if I wanted to continue to enter into a relationship with Lana, I haven't seen a single thing or had any option to continue it. All thru chaps 10 & 11 there was not a single chance to flirt or any private conversations with her. She may as well be one of the other bot NPC's. Was just wondering if this is normal and there is nothing further with Lana, or is it some kind of bug?

Nah they are just staying true to form and having your romantic partner turn into a silent ambulatory mannequin that wont give you any more affection once its commited, just like the vanilla romances :p

This is normal. There are no flirt options or conversations with Koth either after Chapter 9. There was one flirt option with Theron in Chapter 11. Based on the description of the next chapter I am hoping for some kind of advancement to each of the romances in 12 but what might actually happen is anyone's guess.

My toon played up to chapter 7 before the latest patch. After the patch, I continued to play chapter 8 and 9.

My toon romanced Lana every single time I could, yet during ch8 Arcann encounter, I got Koth instead of Lana, and in the ch9 cantina scene I did not have a single flirt option available.

So now I am screwed on my main toon unless a future patch fixes it. I spent 3 years leveling this toon. Not being able to romance Lana on this toon is not merely an 'inconvenience'. It is a major disaster!

Please can a future patch retroactively either allow us to redo the cantina scene, or give the Lana romance lock to those tho talked to Lana but were not able to flirt, or else give us a second chance in a different chapter to romance Lana again?

Edited by Zylla
typo

Only thing is to keep posting post like these.

Please don't start new threads. That's the worse thing you can do.

Please remember that these forums are player driven with little input from the dev team or staff. All you're doing is taking time away from those here who are trying to help others.

There's already threads like this one on the topic: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=875543

Also on many professional forums (unlike this one) stating that you're going to purposely create dupe threads is seen as harassment and usually an auto ban. May want to give some thought about that.

Thanks.