Combat sentinel guide 3.0

Rychly

Hey guys. It seems some people here want a guide for 3.0 sentinel so i made one. I am not really good at getting my ideas thru thou so i hope from the video you can understand what i do :D If not i guess i can also make it in written form but dunno if i have the time for that we will see (or someone can write it from the video here).

The basic rotation stuff:

From 2:30 is the rotation explaining and from 10:40 there is a "parse" on 500k dummy to see the full rotation i do ( with some mistakes thou as the lag is annoying :D).

Hope it helps new guys to start with combat sentinel :)

How do you get two rows of abilities (loadouts) visible at once?

Customise the task bars... Click the plus symbol on the top left of the task bar... If you are a subscriber you can have 6 bars that are fully customisable... You can move them around, reduce the number of slots and also the orientation

Not sure about free to play people... I think you only get 1 or 2

Hey guys. It seems some people here want a guide for 3.0 sentinel so i made one. I am not really good at getting my ideas thru thou so i hope from the video you can understand what i do :D If not i guess i can also make it in written form but dunno if i have the time for that we will see (or someone can write it from the video here).

From 2:30 is the rotation explaining and from 10:40 there is a "parse" on 500k dummy to see the full rotation i do ( with some mistakes thou as the lag is annoying :D).

A written one would be good if you get time... Then people can add to it or offer suggestions... Then you could update the post to include the rotations

Not all of us can watch YouTube

Rotation looks pretty much all right you need to click MS better to get clash in blast inside the PS window

A written one would be good if you get time... Then people can add to it or offer suggestions... Then you could update the post to include the rotations

Not all of us can watch YouTube

I'm currently working on all 3 guides

I'd probably tighten up the rotation a little.

Things to note:

Using zen will result in the next 6 abilities having a 30% shorter cooldown. Thats why when I put out a basic guide at an earlier point, Zen went before Zealous Strike, as it meant you could get 2 ZS in a 21 second window instead of the 1.4 it would have normally.

Also, since TST was nerfed and is basically a focus builder now, use it after the second Precision window (the one without Zen)

Finally, Try and have dispatch under every Precision that lacks a master strike. It should be possible, as its a 20 second lockout, and 2x Precision (1 under Zen) is 21 seconds, and you can Zen every 21 seconds.

Other than that, nice work.

That video was very usefull, am a little less fearfull about what is up with stuff.

Also I don't get it why people do not like to play sentinels any more lol... but well on the bright side I don't mind lesser sentinels around would make my own much more needed for stuff in its own weird way...

Personally since i way back switched from watchman to combat I haven't been able to stop digging that class, that and scoundrel healing.

I guess people only could play sentinel with the hybrid is why people are running off I guess, but been pure full spec stat combat since I swapped into it back in the day.

And I concour... the rotations or possible things to do shown here is very much alike it, if not even a tad easier than what it was used to be before 3.0... but one thing a parse do not show is all the side stuff you gotta do as well during an Op boss and the likes, keep in mind to everyone new who is watching this, one thing is DPS mastery but you got to be able to use your defences and interrupts as well, it is a very strong class with alot of survirveablity if you dig the little side things as well :D

Basically you should be able to zen>PS>MS>CB or PS>dispatch>CB

I recommend to use TST as a filler outside of PS windows since it's damage is now lower and Blade Rush takes priority over it.

I'm personally parsing higher giving dispatch priority over MS in the PS windows now. So my primary burst cycle is now PS>CB>Dispatch>BR (under zen of course). This seems to give more damage (assuming MS is used prior to the first burst window for the auto crit dispatch) then MS>CB does. Is this different from what other players are seeing?

Also, I am not seeing zen reduce cooldowns as well. Just increase attack speeds.

I'm personally parsing higher giving dispatch priority over MS in the PS windows now. So my primary burst cycle is now PS>CB>Dispatch>BR (under zen of course). This seems to give more damage (assuming MS is used prior to the first burst window for the auto crit dispatch) then MS>CB does. Is this different from what other players are seeing?

Also, I am not seeing zen reduce cooldowns as well. Just increase attack speeds.

Hmm interesting option. Not using MS in PS window. I will give it a try next time I parse to see how it looks. But i am not sure. But for one thing i would for sure give a try to get your dispatch under the second PS window (the one without MS) so using PS-Disp-CB-BR and in the first left the old clasic with MS.

MS every second PS window - Trying to use it on CD is a trap

nvm I'm getting it seems that 3rd MS is a bit screwed up :S also i'm getting some small spike lag (infact in the ps window with zen with MS..I doubt i'm putting CB in time into the window...:\ )

btw you mean that it's worth to desync PS to get enough stack fo zen to do ms?

nvm I'm getting it seems that 3rd MS is a bit screwed up :S also i'm getting some small spike lag (infact in the ps window with zen with MS..I doubt i'm putting CB in time into the window...:\ )

btw you mean that it's worth to desync PS to get enough stack fo zen to do ms?

If you do it right, you will have 7 focus users (and by extension centering builders) between Zen falling off, and the second Zealous Strike.

I believe it is something like:

[Zen] Zealous -> Blade Rush -> [Precision] Master Strike -> Clashing Blast -> Blade Rush x2 ->

Zealous -> Blade Rush -> [Precision] Dispatch -> Clashing Blast -> Blade Rush -> TST -> Blade Rush -> Strike -> Blade Rush ->

edit - it just occured to me you need 8 focus users. /tableflip

Edited by TACeMossie

well I played combat sent rly rly low number of times..so..im not good at all.

Btw seems I'm ding it rgith enough just some lag issue..

another issue is that SOMETIMES i have to use dispatch out of window ps because if not it will fall off..sometimes it procs so much early that it falls off at second window

Does each Ataru hit proc Slaughter/HoJ now? It seems it's constantly up for me, and if it is then there isn't the worry about letting it fall off.

What status is everyone running? 6 pieces 2 implants to get accuracy cap, then 2 power/alacrity, or is everyone skipping alacrity for surge?

What are you guys parsing with combat? I'm having some real issues with my sent. I think I have the rotation down, but I'm barely breaking 3k parses. I'm in all 186 with two 192 pieces, latest focused retribution and pvp SA relics. Accuracy is 870 for 100.03/110.03. str is at 3900.

What are you guys parsing with combat? I'm having some real issues with my sent. I think I have the rotation down, but I'm barely breaking 3k parses. I'm in all 186 with two 192 pieces, latest focused retribution and pvp SA relics. Accuracy is 870 for 100.03/110.03. str is at 3900.

2.9k with an average gear rating of 160, with 535 accuracy rating and no alacrity, no stims, and relics being a Conquerors SA relic and an Obroan FR relic. 186 mainhand/offhand though

I should really improve my sentinels gear, especially considering he is my artificer...

Edited by TACeMossie