Combat PvE BiS stats

IInox

Heya guys! finally got 60 on my alt sentinel!

So..I mainly play combat because i like it, don't care if Anni does more dmg. It's an alt.

said that..any high experienced player found a good bis stat for it?

I'm wondering if 1/2 alacrity enhs will be good.

Also how much crit rating? ~200 points?

thanks

Heya guys! finally got 60 on my alt sentinel!

So..I mainly play combat because i like it, don't care if Anni does more dmg. It's an alt.

said that..any high experienced player found a good bis stat for it?

I'm wondering if 1/2 alacrity enhs will be good.

Also how much crit rating? ~200 points?

thanks

+1 to liking combat more.

Anyway, I haven't done too much, but from what I can tell you don't really need any crit rating (still), because your surge boosts were taken back even further :eek:

It went from +30% to Blade Rush + Blade Storm to +10% to Blade Rush + Clashing Blast - So crit is weaker than it was at the Dread Master tier.

In addition, alacrity became better. Now the default alacrity values right now means with optimal Berserk usage, you have a 21 second rotation with:

1x Master Strike

2x Precision

2x Zealous Strike

1x Dispatch

2x Clashing Blast

9x Blade Rush

(of course its slightly different in the execute but whatever)

So alacrity will compress that 21 second rotation to a shorter one, but no where near as good as a 1% alacrity from gear = 1% dps increase, because 7 GCDs are at 33% alacrity while the rest are at 3% alacrity in the normal situation.

So i'd probably say optimal gear is:

186s (especially if you use the crappy mod gear, but even with crafted gear + unlettered mods do this)

714 accuracy + 52 (augment)

306 surge

0 crit rating

Augment Power

192s

666 accuracy + 104 (augment)

333 surge

111 alacrity

0 crit rating

Augment Power

198s

720 accuracy + 52 (augment)

360 surge

120 accuracy

[0 crit rating

Augment Might]

OR

[Crit Crystals

Augment Power]

thanks man!

360 surge

120 accuracy <- u mean alacrity I suppose :D

Btw so just 1 alacrity enh? For Assassin Aelanis got best parses with 2enhs and he did also a roughly math around it.

Also its curve is not bad as i thought:

111 - 1.4681%

222 - 2.8643%

As you see we still haven't DR with 2x enh. plus I tohught that in combat sent alacrity gets more importance.

What do you think about?

edit: Just read the VG guide: i got almost the same charts about dps variance with crit! (for infiltration) :D but I have to do it again because i have to check new coefficients (not sure about PTS ones..:\)

So basically your "rule" is:

3 free enhs => 2 surge 1 alacrity

4 => 3 surge 1 alacrity

Edited by IInox

thanks man!

360 surge

120 accuracy <- u mean alacrity I suppose :D

Btw so just 1 alacrity enh? For Assassin Aelanis got best parses with 2enhs and he did also a roughly math around it.

Also its curve is not bad as i thought:

111 - 1.4681%

222 - 2.8643%

As you see we still haven't DR with 2x enh. plus I tohught that in combat sent alacrity gets more importance.

What do you think about?

edit: Just read the VG guide: i got almost the same charts about dps variance with crit! (for infiltration) :D but I have to do it again because i have to check new coefficients (not sure about PTS ones..:\)

So basically your "rule" is:

3 free enhs => 2 surge 1 alacrity

4 => 3 surge 1 alacrity

For combat yeah. The reason its different for VGs is because they get a ton more base surge, while Combat Sents get a ton of base alacrity and almost no base surge

For combat yeah. The reason its different for VGs is because they get a ton more base surge, while Combat Sents get a ton of base alacrity and almost no base surge

Ok but so there is a missunderstanding :S

From this last post u said that VG has always 2/1 or 3/1 surge/alacrity enh ratio because it has more crit multiplier bonus than combat that has instead, alacrity based..so 2/1 or 2/2 for 198. Bit this is idfferent from ur first post. I'm a bit confused ^^'

Ok but so there is a missunderstanding :S

From this last post u said that VG has always 2/1 or 3/1 surge/alacrity enh ratio because it has more crit multiplier bonus than combat that has instead, alacrity based..so 2/1 or 2/2 for 198. Bit this is idfferent from ur first post. I'm a bit confused ^^'

I don't think I ever mentioned the 3/1 surge/alacrity split for VG/PTs (I always advocated a 50/50 split for them until >300 surge).

What I stated is due to Combat's constant auto-crits (averaging every 10.5 seconds) combined with their almost complete lack of a surge boost and their high base alacrity (averaging 14% :eek:), you'd be better off getting your surge to ~300 (point where diminishing returns really starts to kick in) as fast as it is reasonable to do so.

With all classes (as far as I could tell), the first 3 enhancements would always go:

Surge

Surge

Alacrity

Then depending on the class, it changes.

High base surge (e.g. Infiltration, Tactics):

4th piece = alacrity

High base alacrity or high uptime on auto-crit - usually both (e.g. Combat, Telekinetics):

4th piece = surge

though in almost all cases, after you got to 300-360 ish surge, you'd stop surge completely.

So the recommendation was simply the gear I put up there. Now unlike Tactics/AP and Pyro/Plasmatech, I haven't done extensive testing or even the maths, this is entirely based off a combination of educated guesses and past evidence of what was good for combat sents.

But yeah, my 'rule' on Surge vs Alacrity is depending on Alacrity, Surge, and the average crit boost for any given discipline, I may prioritize getting a 50/50 split on Surge/Alacrity, or I may prioritize hitting the soft cap on surge first.

Yeah i agree with this solution. me either I always based to how a tree works with crits.

btw:

4th piece = alacrity

High base alacrity or high uptime on auto-crit - usually both (e.g. Combat, Telekinetics):

4th piece = surge

But aren't these opposite? :S the boost from talents doesn't touch the dr

Yeah i agree with this solution. me either I always based to how a tree works with crits.

btw:

4th piece = alacrity

4th piece = surge

But aren't these opposite? :S the boost from talents doesn't touch the dr

True, but 1% surge is ~0.72% stronger on 51% surge than on 81% surge. Similarly, 1% alacrity is a 1% increase on a 0 alacrity spec, but on a high alacrity spec (14% average in this case) e.g. combat it is an ~0.88% increase. No DR in the traditional sense, but since the average increase isn't as high, its reduced returns

True, but 1% surge is ~0.72% stronger on 51% surge than on 81% surge. Similarly, 1% alacrity is a 1% increase on a 0 alacrity spec, but on a high alacrity spec (14% average in this case) e.g. combat it is an ~0.88% increase. No DR in the traditional sense, but since the average increase isn't as high, its reduced returns

Ok I thought also you could see in this way. This is the "weight" of the bonus:

1/51 > 1/81

I've never seen like this way..

Edited by IInox

IInox pointed me here from another thread. I feel they changed stat distribution priority when they improved Alacrity. Can you explain why Surge is still more important then Alacrity at the 186 level or is this what you estimate the stat distribution to look like?

Really I'm trying to find out with the lack of abilities that have a Crit/Surge bonus, and the changes to Alacrity, would it be worth stacking Alacrity earlier to try to get an extra attack in during a Gore/PS window?

IInox pointed me here from another thread. I feel they changed stat distribution priority when they improved Alacrity. Can you explain why Surge is still more important then Alacrity at the 186 level or is this what you estimate the stat distribution to look like?

Really I'm trying to find out with the lack of abilities that have a Crit/Surge bonus, and the changes to Alacrity, would it be worth stacking Alacrity earlier to try to get an extra attack in during a Gore/PS window?

I ignored the 186 set up because well..u get full 192 easy ^^' it's pointless imho BUT I think he suggests 3 surge because the value that enhs give u is less and so u have less DR

so far i just went full power even with the augments.

how do these calculations fit with the use of an alacrity adrenal/relic?

Are you gearing for Alacrity, Surge or both?

I'd like to see the difference between gearing Str augments/Surge enhancement vs Power Augments/Alacrity enhancement.

I ignored the 186 set up because well..u get full 192 easy ^^' it's pointless imho BUT I think he suggests 3 surge because the value that enhs give u is less and so u have less DR

I'm not sure how easy it will be to get optimized 192's; the Comm gear is now so endurance heavy that 186 optimized is better.

How much Alacrity would you get on 4 enhancements in terms of time reduction?

At some point it may be. I haven't done much testing using alacrity but as it stands you are able to get an extra attack in the current gore window WITHOUT the alacrity and even berserk. To be able to do this you need to know how each attack works and the time it calculates the damage it will deal. For example dispatch will not decide how much it will hit for until the saber reaches the target. What this means is you can use dispatch/vicious throw and wait half a gcd or so to hit gore/ps and still have the armor pen be applied which allows you to get in an extra massacre/blade rush under gore. If you have berserk/zen up you can also use vicious throw/dispatch - ravage/master strike - clashing blast in one window.

Dispatch/Vicious throw don't calculate whether it is under gore/ps til hitting the target - can wait to use gore til the last Milli-second.

Massacre/Blade rush damage is calculated as soon as the GCD goes off. This means that you can get it in the window even if gore/ps is out when the attack hits the target. A tip with massacre is to use the trick with dispatch so the window looks like this.

Dispatch - (gore before saber hits) - Clashing blast - Massacre

You can get this window in even without berserk/zen up. Another good window to use with the dispatch trick is

Dispatch - (delayed gore as described above) - Ravage - Clashing blast

In order to get the window I just mentioned you need to clip your ravage/master strike. Ravage/ms deals the full damage before the 3 second (or less with berserk) cast is up. I can't tell you the exact timing off the top of my head but you basically just need to practice doing and get a feel for it. If you clip your ravage/ms you can get more than 1 attack in a window at once easily, if you let the cast go its a 3 second one so you'll never get more than one which is a dps loss.

Even if you already know all this I'm sure someone who reads this won't. Which is why I wrote it.

Edited by TrillOG-

Are you gearing for Alacrity, Surge or both?

I'd like to see the difference between gearing Str augments/Surge enhancement vs Power Augments/Alacrity enhancement.

I'm not sure how easy it will be to get optimized 192's; the Comm gear is now so endurance heavy that 186 optimized is better.

How much Alacrity would you get on 4 enhancements in terms of time reduction?

i've 108.63% accuracy, around 500, so i still need a couple of pieces, 2 old might augments on the old DM implants, no alacrity at all (3%), rest is power+surge. i'm not using endurance heavy mods or enhancements and i'm balancing with strenght augments to stay at 20% crit, but 1976 bonus damage feels so solid even with 1% acc missing :p