Questions I NEED Answered ASAP By BW Employees

euroDSMtuner

Is the Hateful Entity going to continue dropping the Crest's of the Dread Master post 3.0?

and

Will NiM Brontes continue to drop The Wings of the Architect?

I really need to know, so I implore you to answer me as soon as possible!

Thanks so much for an amazing game.

-Apeiron

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=7418705#post7418705

Hey everyone,

I know there has been a bit of frustration from our PvP community regarding a Rancor mount going into the Cartel Market. Although I had mentioned at the time that there would be Rancor mounts coming to both the CM and Operations, I thought it would be good to explain our philosophy on mounts. Especially around their exclusivity.

For PvP mounts, such as Season rewards, what you are going to tend to find is that they are exclusive variations of a mount and not necessarily a completely exclusive model (not to say we would never do an exclusive model, that is always possible). For example, you will not find a Rancor that looks anything like Giradda’s Rancor, but you can find other Rancor mounts. Aside from the unique appearance, what sets this mount apart is exclusivity. That variation is not only exclusive in appearance, but it is only available for a limited time. Meaning anyone who comes into the game now, or who was not Tier 1 during Season 1, can never acquire that mount. Although I can understand that having a unique variant, and not a unique mount, can seem less exciting. It actually ends up being more exclusive in the long term!

For mounts that come from Operations, such as the Wings of the Architect, we treat these a bit differently. As you can tell from the Wings, and other mounts such as Titan-6, they are themed directly around the Operation where they drop. Our intent is that this will stay that way and those mounts will remain exclusive to those Operations. However, one thing that is different here than with the PvP mount, is that these mounts will always be present in-game. This means that although right now, only some of the best Operations players in the world have these mounts, in time they will become more accessible as new content is released.

I hope that clears up our approach to putting mounts in the game, and explains a bit about how we handle exclusivity around those mounts.

-eric

Is the Hateful Entity going to continue dropping the Crest's of the Dread Master post 3.0?

and

-Apeiron

Am I the only one who wishes BW didn't flat out tell us everything that will change? Does anyone else actually enjoy discovering changes/new things in game instead of reading about it online first?

and

-Apeiron

yes, this is an emergency :rolleyes:

There are many questions that need to be answered I feel. Here we are a week and a half from early access and I find it pretty unacceptable how little we know about the expansion at this point...and I'm sure it'll be a buggy mess since they went with a closed beta instead of an open PTS...well who am I kidding, even the stuff previously on PTS turned out to be buggy messes as well, just meaning I think this will be way worse due to the smaller testing pool.

There are many questions that need to be answered I feel. Here we are a week and a half from early access and I find it pretty unacceptable how little we know about the expansion at this point...and I'm sure it'll be a buggy mess since they went with a closed beta instead of an open PTS...well who am I kidding, even the stuff previously on PTS turned out to be buggy messes as well, just meaning I think this will be way worse due to the smaller testing pool.

From my experience in software development, closed betas tend to yield better bug reports than open betas, even when the closed beta is a significantly smaller group of testers. The main reason is because open betas are largely treated as just an early preview for players to sample the new game before its released. Open betas are more of a PR thing to allow players, bloggers, and gamer reviewers a chance to help create hype for the game right before launch. Its very rare for someone in an open beta to produce a good bug report that includes enough information for the devs to reproduce the problem consistently.

I feel like mentioning Bioware in the title of the thread/saying "Bioware answer ploxzzzz!!!!"/"employees gimme answers" decreases the chance of them actually answering....

In all likelihood, it probably doesn't matter either way to Bioware employees, as long as none of the rules are violated.

However, I have a personal belief that if anyone is posting on these forums as though they are a way to directly communicate with Bioware, then they are quite likely to be sorely disappointed. Forums are meant to allow players to communicate with other players first and foremost. Any interaction from Bioware employees on the forums should be treated as a treat and not as the norm. Expecting or demanding a response from Bioware on a forum topic is just silly in my opinion.

From my experience in software development, closed betas tend to yield better bug reports than open betas, even when the closed beta is a significantly smaller group of testers. The main reason is because open betas are largely treated as just an early preview for players to sample the new game before its released. Open betas are more of a PR thing to allow players, bloggers, and gamer reviewers a chance to help create hype for the game right before launch. Its very rare for someone in an open beta to produce a good bug report that includes enough information for the devs to reproduce the problem consistently.

This. Bioware hand picked the testers, probably with good reason. I would have been a terrible beta tester, as I would have been more interested in a preview that actually seeking and reporting bugs.