Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

'Wings of the Architect' headed to the Cartel Market?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
'Wings of the Architect' headed to the Cartel Market?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Infernixx's Avatar


Infernixx
05.13.2014 , 12:14 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Reofeir View Post
As much as I love swtor, I have to admit he's right in this one.
1.3, 2.1 & 2.2 were are pretty small updates in terms of playable content. There are plenty of big updates but summer seems to have the least "content filled" of the bunch. Mostly QoL stuff.
Until this summer, you mean.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Infernixx nailed it. This is correct.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
There is no excuse for any single use item to ever cost more than a month's subscription. Anyone who pays $10 or $20 for a single use item is hastening the death of TOR and feeding the rise of TOR:The Cash Shop Menace.

EricMusco's Avatar


EricMusco
05.13.2014 , 12:15 PM | #42 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey everyone,

I know there has been a bit of frustration from our PvP community regarding a Rancor mount going into the Cartel Market. Although I had mentioned at the time that there would be Rancor mounts coming to both the CM and Operations, I thought it would be good to explain our philosophy on mounts. Especially around their exclusivity.

For PvP mounts, such as Season rewards, what you are going to tend to find is that they are exclusive variations of a mount and not necessarily a completely exclusive model (not to say we would never do an exclusive model, that is always possible). For example, you will not find a Rancor that looks anything like Giradda’s Rancor, but you can find other Rancor mounts. Aside from the unique appearance, what sets this mount apart is exclusivity. That variation is not only exclusive in appearance, but it is only available for a limited time. Meaning anyone who comes into the game now, or who was not Tier 1 during Season 1, can never acquire that mount. Although I can understand that having a unique variant, and not a unique mount, can seem less exciting. It actually ends up being more exclusive in the long term!

For mounts that come from Operations, such as the Wings of the Architect, we treat these a bit differently. As you can tell from the Wings, and other mounts such as Titan-6, they are themed directly around the Operation where they drop. Our intent is that this will stay that way and those mounts will remain exclusive to those Operations. However, one thing that is different here than with the PvP mount, is that these mounts will always be present in-game. This means that although right now, only some of the best Operations players in the world have these mounts, in time they will become more accessible as new content is released.

I hope that clears up our approach to putting mounts in the game, and explains a bit about how we handle exclusivity around those mounts.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Superman_AZ's Avatar


Superman_AZ
05.13.2014 , 12:18 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
This means that although right now, only some of the best Operations players in the world have these mounts, in time they will become more accessible as new content is released.

I hope that clears up our approach to putting mounts in the game, and explains a bit about how we handle exclusivity around those mounts.

-eric
Thanks Eric!
"Be yourself, no one can ever tell you you're doing it wrong." ~ James Leo Herlihy

MillionsKNives's Avatar


MillionsKNives
05.13.2014 , 12:28 PM | #44
Really? How long are you people going to complain about the stupid rancor mount? Did you ever really expect them to keep rancor mounts exclusive to PVP players? If so then you're delusional.

Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
The devs are smarter then you give them credit for. They generally do not respond to threads that are launched with passive aggressive sarcasm about something you personally do not like.

Suggestion: Hold your breath until a dev responds. After that.. you can crap your pants for no other reason then you did not like that they answered by quoting their original answer to PvP players on the state of Rancor Mounts in SWTOR. Maybe go back and read and embrace their original answer.. and save yourself much blue-face.
Does this mean that the devs are dumber than you give them credit for?
(I had to)

idnewton's Avatar


idnewton
05.13.2014 , 12:31 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
I hope that clears up our approach to putting mounts in the game, and explains a bit about how we handle exclusivity around those mounts.
Yes, it does a good job of that... Thanks for giving us a clear picture of how little you care about PvP.

Putting Rancors on the CM is a mistake. Sooner or later, you will realize that. There should only be two Rancor mounts ingame. One from PvP, and one from NiM DP (as planned).
PRE-ORDER ACCOUNT LEGACY LEVEL 50 LEVEL +55s: 20
ETERNAL WARRIOR CHEEVO POINTS: +28,000

Infernixx's Avatar


Infernixx
05.13.2014 , 12:37 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by idnewton View Post
Yes, it does a good job of that... Thanks for giving us a clear picture of how little you care about PvP.

Putting Rancors on the CM is a mistake. Sooner or later, you will realize that. There should only be two Rancor mounts ingame. One from PvP, and one from NiM DP (as planned).
And people wonder why the majority roll their eyes at PVP posters.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Infernixx nailed it. This is correct.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
There is no excuse for any single use item to ever cost more than a month's subscription. Anyone who pays $10 or $20 for a single use item is hastening the death of TOR and feeding the rise of TOR:The Cash Shop Menace.

Darth_Wicked's Avatar


Darth_Wicked
05.13.2014 , 12:41 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey everyone,

I know there has been a bit of frustration from our PvP community regarding a Rancor mount going into the Cartel Market. Although I had mentioned at the time that there would be Rancor mounts coming to both the CM and Operations, I thought it would be good to explain our philosophy on mounts. Especially around their exclusivity.

For PvP mounts, such as Season rewards, what you are going to tend to find is that they are exclusive variations of a mount and not necessarily a completely exclusive model (not to say we would never do an exclusive model, that is always possible). For example, you will not find a Rancor that looks anything like Giradda’s Rancor, but you can find other Rancor mounts. Aside from the unique appearance, what sets this mount apart is exclusivity. That variation is not only exclusive in appearance, but it is only available for a limited time. Meaning anyone who comes into the game now, or who was not Tier 1 during Season 1, can never acquire that mount. Although I can understand that having a unique variant, and not a unique mount, can seem less exciting. It actually ends up being more exclusive in the long term!

For mounts that come from Operations, such as the Wings of the Architect, we treat these a bit differently. As you can tell from the Wings, and other mounts such as Titan-6, they are themed directly around the Operation where they drop. Our intent is that this will stay that way and those mounts will remain exclusive to those Operations. However, one thing that is different here than with the PvP mount, is that these mounts will always be present in-game. This means that although right now, only some of the best Operations players in the world have these mounts, in time they will become more accessible as new content is released.

I hope that clears up our approach to putting mounts in the game, and explains a bit about how we handle exclusivity around those mounts.

-eric
And here is Eric stating that which is both obvious and logical, not to mention brought up to death previously by other people.

TravelersWay's Avatar


TravelersWay
05.13.2014 , 12:52 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by idnewton View Post
Yes, it does a good job of that... Thanks for giving us a clear picture of how little you care about PvP.

Putting Rancors on the CM is a mistake. Sooner or later, you will realize that. There should only be two Rancor mounts ingame. One from PvP, and one from NiM DP (as planned).
Actually, it would be quite the opposite. The CM keeps the game funded. If there is a significant portion of the population who would buy a Rancor mount, then it is bad business (i.e. pretty damn stupid) NOT to put it in the CM. You see, the PvP community is just a very small part of the overall gaming community, and most games nowadays would be able to survive with no problem at all by not having PvP whatsoever. Be glad that the industry still wants to throw you a bone.
Character Page with music and quest lists
Legacy Skills Suggestion to eliminate the need for Legacy Datacrons
State of the Game
This is not a referral link because I am not a needy whore

LtGeneralGezlin's Avatar


LtGeneralGezlin
05.13.2014 , 12:52 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by idnewton View Post
Yes, it does a good job of that... Thanks for giving us a clear picture of how little you care about PvP.

Putting Rancors on the CM is a mistake. Sooner or later, you will realize that. There should only be two Rancor mounts ingame. One from PvP, and one from NiM DP (as planned).
I don't... I c- I can't, I can't I don't, this is-
CE Owner - The Gallifreyan Legacy - Squad 238 Tester
60 Gunslinger, 50 Commando, 50 Sentinel, 57 Shadow.
50 Operative, 18 Mercenary, 60 Marauder, 57 Juggernaut, 50 Sorcerer.

Monsofo's Avatar


Monsofo
05.13.2014 , 12:58 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey everyone,

I know there has been a bit of frustration from our PvP community regarding a Rancor mount going into the Cartel Market. Although I had mentioned at the time that there would be Rancor mounts coming to both the CM and Operations, I thought it would be good to explain our philosophy on mounts. Especially around their exclusivity.

For PvP mounts, such as Season rewards, what you are going to tend to find is that they are exclusive variations of a mount and not necessarily a completely exclusive model (not to say we would never do an exclusive model, that is always possible). For example, you will not find a Rancor that looks anything like Giradda’s Rancor, but you can find other Rancor mounts. Aside from the unique appearance, what sets this mount apart is exclusivity. That variation is not only exclusive in appearance, but it is only available for a limited time. Meaning anyone who comes into the game now, or who was not Tier 1 during Season 1, can never acquire that mount. Although I can understand that having a unique variant, and not a unique mount, can seem less exciting. It actually ends up being more exclusive in the long term!

For mounts that come from Operations, such as the Wings of the Architect, we treat these a bit differently. As you can tell from the Wings, and other mounts such as Titan-6, they are themed directly around the Operation where they drop. Our intent is that this will stay that way and those mounts will remain exclusive to those Operations. However, one thing that is different here than with the PvP mount, is that these mounts will always be present in-game. This means that although right now, only some of the best Operations players in the world have these mounts, in time they will become more accessible as new content is released.

I hope that clears up our approach to putting mounts in the game, and explains a bit about how we handle exclusivity around those mounts.

-eric
Just going to be honest. This is what I read...

PVP exclusive mounts will MOST LIKELY just be varients.

PVE exclusive mounts will MOST LIKELY be EXCLUSIVE

Thanks for clearing that up
Team Sofa - Fear the Lekku <GUA>