Hooks number is way too small.

PaniMauser

As the title says, the hook humber is too small. And I want to add, it is NOT about NPC count(which is separate issue entirely), I have issue with total number of hooks.

The game offers a large amount of small decorations - all the flower pots, spot lights, posters, trophies, small speeders, holographic signs etc. Which count the same as some giant centerpieces and arrangements. And this is a problem.

I'm decorating Nar Shaddaa now and even if I'm just starting, I already see the issue. I've decorated just two small rooms and half of the taxi pad, and already went over 100 hooks. And the total count of hooks is 475. So, I'll have 3/4 of stronghold empty, just because I prefer to create my own arrangements instead of using premade ones.

Same is with guild ship. The part that is unlocked now has 200 hooks, and It was not enough to decorate even half of the rooms unlocked. And the total count of 700 hooks is laughable. When we unlock it, it will be ~maybe~ enough to decorate the starting rooms with no hooks left for newly unlocked rooms.

Did you mean for 3/4 of the rooms to be empty? What was the purpose of making big apartments if there's no way to decorate them properly with current hook count?

Either increase total number of hooks (in perfect case scenario allow to fill all the hooks you see in edit mode). Or decrease number of available hooks, so their amount is exactly the amount allowed to have in the certain stronghold, so players can plan accordingly. Or make some progressive system, where flower pot and Tython relic do not count as the same thing (maybe make ten pots to be equal to that one giant relic, or something).

Whatever the solution, something needs to be done, Because today, after hitting those stupid caps, all my excitement is gone. I cannot decorate 3/4 of the rooms in my giant apartment, I have no place to put current stuff, so I'm already NOT looking forward to new decors, because there's no space for it anyways.

Honestly, it's quite ridiculous to have most of the apartment empty and have no space for new things at the same time

Edited by PaniMauser

Well... looks like someone needs to learn how to not clutter up a room.

Less is more, you know :D

Rooms are not cluttered. That's the problem. Just normal cozy rooms with plants, little lights, pictures on the wall, carpet on the floor, ect.

Edited by PaniMauser

Don't worry, I'm sure there will be a cartel unlock to let you use more hooks as time wears on lol. My best advice is to put only what you love in it, and if you don't love it, well you can always change out, when you find something you do. :)

Rooms are not cluttered. That's the problem. Just normal cozy rooms with plants, little lights, pictures on the wall, carpet on the floor, ect.

yep. especially if instead of using premade arrangement you get the couches you like with tables you lie, so now instead of using one hook, you used up 3 :/ at least.

IMO... they should allow you to go past 100% limit. I have no problem with 300 hooks being requirement for 100% unlock, I just have a problem with not being able to place anything else once I get to that point. and yes, Nar Shadaa is the worst. I have my crafting room, my research lab, couple of bedrooms and a lounge in that top room that you get when unlocking both stairways and I'm already at 40%. I have no balcony, antechamber or that room past it unlocked yet and I only just started on decorating the stairs with my landing pad mostly empty but for 2 benches and couple of speeders. at this point I'm going to have to go with barely any wall hangings at all :/ which considering some of the rep rewards/drops - kinda sucks

Edited by Jeweledleah

really makes me wish we could post pics in these forums B^(

take screen shots and post links to them people!! show these people what good decorators can do!!!

I'm not sure its about very subjective "good" as much as.. "I'd like to decorate my stronghold in a way that appeals to me personally." you know?

I think the issue is that little decorations count the same as big ones. If someone is making generous use of arrangements, statues, large couches, etc, it is a lot easier to get a fully furnished look. One of those dinky metal chairs counts the same as a whole arrangement that has two huge couches and a table, and a Gizka counts the same as a Rancor! xD

Honestly, the rooms are a lot bigger than I thought they'd be from looking at the maps of their layouts. I think I will be okay with the hook limit, but it would be nice if they added more arrangements (especially ones that aren't really rare/pricey) to help fill up some of the larger spaces we have to decorate.

Come to think of it though, if you look at the way most of the SWTOR universe is "furnished", it is pretty minimalist.

I agree and mentioned the problem a few time on test center, as other said if you aren’t using the arrangement instead putting a table down with chair you use up your hooks fast. The hook limit should be at least double what it is right now. A nice touch would be to make it so we could earn more hooks maybe legacy levels. I do not want buy more hook but maybe they could make more than one way to unlock more.

Then again, it might be the same issue as the NPC, the engine can handle so many decoration which is a huge bummer. If this is the case, they really shouldn't have made the house so huge. Sadly, if it not changed it going to work against them when it comes to selling future furniture as people are going to cap out easy.

I agree and mentioned the problem a few time on test center, as other said if you aren’t using the arrangement instead putting a table down with chair you use up your hooks fast. The hook limit should be at least double what it is right now. A nice touch would be to make it so we could earn more hooks maybe legacy levels. I do not want buy more hook but maybe they could make more than one way to unlock more.

Then again, it might be the same issue as the NPC, the engine can handle so many decoration which is a huge bummer. If this is the case, they really shouldn't have made the house so huge. Sadly, if it not changed it going to work against them when it comes to selling future furniture as people are going to cap out easy.

That is beyond silly.

The ability to use more hooks, depending on how long you play this game? I mean, seriously?

You do not agree with the limit yet you'd have no issue with a limit for new players, until their leveled up their Legaycy level. Great thinking there.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

My idea not silly, you simple do not like it and that fine. I simple suggested an idea to use a system we have and give it a need upgrade, which I feel it does really need. In addition, it does not have to be blocked by high legacy levels, instead each legacy level could give you 20 or more new hooks. By the way I do not have a high legacy, either but it does not hurt to reward people who are leveling there legacy. Beside if it was added, it likely have a cartel option like most of the legacy’s features and it would end up on the GTN anyways. :D

Mind you, I would not protest if they simple gave us more hooks.

Edited by SithEmpress

• 2 months later...
Just hit cap on NS palace ..i was in the middle of setting up a new room and bam - hit the limit I really think they should increase the cap but I think it would work better if you were given the increase compared to how many SH's you own.. NS is my main house and DK as my second but I didn't get Tatooine or coruscant. If having many hooks increases the server load then why do I have to suffer when I'm only contributing %50 of my load (if both my SH's were at %100 completion) compared to others with all 4 SH's (again at %100 completion). I only plan to add more to what I have in the coming years with all the content they're pushing out, I would actually pay CC to add inreases to the hook cap if it is that big of a deal for server performance, however if it's not incredibly devastating then it should be added free as response to a problem like a bug-fix. There would be a lot more people complaining about this issue once they reach their caps but my guessing is that many aren't yet just as I didn't care about it until today -I'm forced to disassemble some rooms to "make room" I guess.

Same is with guild ship. The part that is unlocked now has 200 hooks, and It was not enough to decorate even half of the rooms unlocked. And the total count of 700 hooks is laughable. When we unlock it, it will be ~maybe~ enough to decorate the starting rooms with no hooks left for newly unlocked rooms.

My Guild hasn't unlocked any room and we have every area decorated very well.

• 1 month later...

I think a reasonable hook limit would be one that allowed about as much clutter as you see in areas decorated by Bioware throughout the rest of the game. At least on Tatooine the hook limit falls far short of that. I've put a lot of care into decorating my stronghold with a realistic level of detail, and I hit the limit with a couple of rooms still EMPTY. I've never been so upset to get an achievement.

What's worse, I've really enjoyed the mini-game that is collecting new decorations and finding creative uses for them, and I feel like that game just abruptly ended right when it was starting to get really fun. I had actual plans to spend real-life money on some more decorations, but I had to just throw my hands up and say "never mind."

A "GAME OVER" screen might as well have popped up in place of that achievement. :(

I'm decorating Nar Shaddaa now and even if I'm just starting, I already see the issue. I've decorated just two small rooms and half of the taxi pad, and already went over 100 hooks. And the total count of hooks is 475. So, I'll have 3/4 of stronghold empty, just because I prefer to create my own arrangements instead of using premade ones.

Odd. Because I have decorated my Nar Shadda home on three different servers, and I did not have a problem balancing the number of hooks with the need for decorations.

Would we all like more hooks? Probably. But do we all need more hooks? Not really.

Adapt to the constraints an MMO presents you, IMO.

Edited by Andryah

Odd. Because I have decorated my Nar Shadda home on three different servers, and I did not have a problem balancing the number of hooks with the need for decorations.

Would we all like more hooks? Probably. But do we all need more hooks? Not really.

Adapt to the constraints an MMO presents you, IMO.

Everybody saying this kind of thing fails to understand the difference between the place simply not looking like absolute garbage, and looking the way you want it to look.