Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Guide] Sage DPS (TK + Balance) 2.0+

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sage / Sorcerer
[Guide] Sage DPS (TK + Balance) 2.0+

Nibbon
04.17.2013 , 01:05 PM | #1
Welcome. I have reformatted the guide to make it seem less overwhelming using spoiler tags. Also made some basic edits to make it more readable. I plan on updating this guide one more time with the next tier of gear - that will probably be my last. As always, edits are tracked in the next post and feel free to reply to the thread with questions - but I implore you to search for answers to your questions first.

Legend
Spoiler

Theory Crafting
Spoiler

Results for Best Spec Lightning|Telekinetic and Madness|Balance
Spoiler

How Stats work 2.0+
Spoiler

BiS Stats
Spoiler

AMR Profile links
Spoiler

Relics
Spoiler

Augments
Spoiler

Parses
Spoiler

Rotation
Spoiler

Leveling Spec and Gear/Advice
Spoiler

Name Equivalents
Spoiler

Nibbon
04.17.2013 , 01:05 PM | #2
Updates:
4/18 - updated relics section a bit
5/7 - inserted BiS profile from AskMrRobot
5/11 - added parse
5/13 - updated underworld statting issue (accuracy crosses over 110%, one accuracy should be replaced by an alacrity for both specs)
5/27 - updated spreadsheets to include the newest tier (kell dragon - ilvl 174 / mods 75)
5/29 - Updated OP to incorporate new information on new gear tier and new analysis on relics which is always ongoing ...
6/24 - updated with sorc terms so that the guide can be more accessible
8/14 - updated with Ktaps opener on TK - updated format - change dark blue to light blue for readability - updated some things, especially on relic change - added a new section about leveling

Kindran
04.17.2013 , 02:02 PM | #3
Hey Nibbon, I didn't see it in the post and I was wondering what the dps difference was between Clamoring Force and Force Gift talents. This would be for full Balance spec.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death's demise shall arise when Life's creation nullifies.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Kindran <Carnage Gaming> (The Shadowlands)

Kovaos
04.17.2013 , 02:12 PM | #4
"my friend said he got a pack of level 50 armor and all i got was level 47 pants."

Nibbon
04.17.2013 , 02:19 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Kindran View Post
Hey Nibbon, I didn't see it in the post and I was wondering what the dps difference was between Clamoring Force and Force Gift talents. This would be for full Balance spec.
About 14 DPS on average lower - I did thorough testing on PTS with the difference on force gift and clamoring force and can confirm I did parse lower more times than not with clamoring force.

Fun fact - if you took two points out of penetrating light and put them into clamoring force, you would also lose 14 dps on average.

Frerbear
04.17.2013 , 04:28 PM | #6
Hey Nibbon, appreciate all of the information. The two proc relics do work together, one of my guildmates has tested this. So what you are saying is that the power and damage proc are better, but the power click may be better depending on the situation?
Asylum-The Harbinger
Beskosei-Shadow DPS
Jongom-Sage DPS
Smugbesk-Scoundrel Healer

MaliceX
04.17.2013 , 11:08 PM | #7
Fun note, I purchased the PvP power proc relic(+410) just because... Then the next day I got the Arkanian (+510 power)

They can stack and and aren't on the same 20 second timer.

Tethyr
04.17.2013 , 11:40 PM | #8
I've been spending my time doing practicing on lvl 55 Operation Dummy, getting a lot of resists on it..my accuracy is at 105% what is suppose to be my accuracy as TK Sage.

Stoofa
04.18.2013 , 03:09 AM | #9
Relics have never been my strong point
So, with a TK Sage the 2 relics to use may well be:

Arkanian Relic of Serendipitous Assault
&
Arkanian Relic of Elemental Transcendence

Stoofa
04.18.2013 , 03:20 AM | #10
And, just for information, I believe the enhancements we're after are:

Proficient
Studious