Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Updated Formulae for Stat Values in 2.0

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Updated Formulae for Stat Values in 2.0

KeyboardNinja
03.25.2013 , 10:53 AM | #1
Note: These formulae are only valid at level 55. The old formulae are used at level 50, and a set of intermediate formulae are applied between 50 and 55. For more details, see this post on MMOmechanics.

As anyone who has logged into the PTS probably knows by now, the stat scaling is a bit different from what it is on live. Stats are generally giving around 50-70% of the character sheet value that they seem to be on live. We knew that BioWare would be changing the stat scaling formulae in 2.0, and now we know exactly what those changes look like.

I sat down and, working primarily from the old formulae, derived the new coefficients which govern stat scaling under 2.0. Special thanks to GalenMourne and Wainamoinen for all their help!

Defense Chance = 30 * ( 1 - ( 1 - ( 0.01 / 0.3 ) )^( ( DefenseRating / 55 ) / 1.2 ) )
Shield Chance = 50 * ( 1 - ( 1 - ( 0.01 / 0.5 ) )^( ( ShieldRating / 55 ) / 0.78 ) )
Absorb Percentage = 50 * ( 1 - ( 1 - ( 0.01 / 0.5 ) )^( ( AbsorptionRating / 55 ) / 0.65 ) )

Damage Reduction = ArmorRating / ( ArmorRating + 240 * 55 + 800 ) * 100

Max Health = BaseHealth + Endurance * 10
(BaseHealth at 55 is 4000)

Critical Chance (from crit rating) = 30 * ( 1 - ( 1 - ( 0.01 / 0.3 ) )^( ( CritRating / 55 ) / 0.9 ) )
Critical Chance (from main stat) = 20 * ( 1 - ( 1 - ( 0.01 / 0.2 ) )^( ( PrimaryStat / 55 ) / 5.5 ) )
Surge Percentage = 30 * ( 1 - ( 1 - ( 0.01 / 0.3 ) )^( ( SurgeRating / 55 ) / 0.22 ) )

Alacrity Percentage = 30 * ( 1 - ( 1 - ( 0.01 / 0.3 ) )^( ( AlacrityRating / 55 ) / 1.25 ) ) )

Accuracy Percentage = 30 * ( 1 - ( 1 - ( 0.01 / 0.3 ) )^( ( AccuracyRating / 55 ) / 1.2 ) )

Bonus Damage (from main stat) = (Strength or Willpower or Aim or Cunning) * 0.2
Bonus Damage (from force/tech power) = (Force or Tech Power) * 0.23
Bonus Damage (from power) = Power * 0.23

Bonus Healing (from main stat) = (Strength or Willpower or Aim or Cunning) * 0.14
Bonus Healing (from force/tech power) = (Force or Tech Power) * 0.17
Bonus Healing (from power) = Power * 0.17

PvP Damage Boost = Expertise / 3355

PvP Damage Reduction = 1 - (1 / (1 + (Expertise / 3355)))
PvP Healing Boost = Expertise / 9900

Help would be appreciated in determining precise values for standard health, damage and base values for stats at each level 51-55. These should be in the script files somewhere.
Computer Programmer. Theory Crafter. Dragonslayer on The Ebon Hawk.
Tam (shadow tank) Tov-ren (commando healer) Aveo (combat sentinel) Nimri (df scoundrel)
Averith (hybrid sniper) Alish (lightning sorcerer) Aresham (jugg tank) Effek (ap powertech)

ebado
03.25.2013 , 08:14 PM | #2
Starring and subbing. Thanks for all who worked on this.
kolto and corrosives
window legacy - the bastion

GalenMourne
03.25.2013 , 09:06 PM | #3
Good to see this up here. KBN i was just wondering if you worked out a new set of optimal tanks stats to go along with the 3/14 changes?
"You know spies, a bunch of *****y little girls!"

Kitru
03.25.2013 , 10:10 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by GalenMourne View Post
Good to see this up here. KBN i was just wondering if you worked out a new set of optimal tanks stats to go along with the 3/14 changes?
dipstik posted a 2.0 version of his optimal tank stat distro on the PTS Forum. Hopefully he'll repost it after they turn the PTS off.
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.

KeyboardNinja
03.25.2013 , 10:17 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Kitru View Post
dipstik posted a 2.0 version of his optimal tank stat distro on the PTS Forum. Hopefully he'll repost it after they turn the PTS off.
I will also be updating my own spreadsheet, which accounts for the value of endurance as a survivability stat for shadow/assassin tanks, as well as provides a more precise ratio of damage/attack types. Generally speaking, dipstik and I usually predict numbers that are within a few percentage points of each other. (which is reassuring!)
Tam (shadow tank) Tov-ren (commando healer) Aveo (combat sentinel) Nimri (df scoundrel)
Averith (hybrid sniper) Alish (lightning sorcerer) Aresham (jugg tank) Effek (ap powertech)

BlackSpin
03.27.2013 , 01:10 AM | #6
Hmmm, maybe I'm doing something wrong. I tried to graph your formulas for alacrity crit & surge. Surge show a nice round DR curve, but alacrity & crit are close to a straight line with no DR. Am I missing something needed to graph these? I will admit I didn't pay attention in calculus class

http://i.imgur.com/yDA34pg.jpg

KeyboardNinja
03.27.2013 , 09:43 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by BlackSpin View Post
Hmmm, maybe I'm doing something wrong. I tried to graph your formulas for alacrity crit & surge. Surge show a nice round DR curve, but alacrity & crit are close to a straight line with no DR. Am I missing something needed to graph these? I will admit I didn't pay attention in calculus class

http://i.imgur.com/yDA34pg.jpg
The growth scalar on crit/surge is unbelievably harsh. If you zoom out on the graph, you'll see a much less linear progression as you get into the 2000s and 3000s.

BlackSpin
03.27.2013 , 10:11 AM | #8
But, who has 2000 Crit? For our purposes, you're saying there isn't much DR on Crit & Alacrity now, is that correct?

Quote: Originally Posted by KeyboardNinja View Post
The growth scalar on crit/surge is unbelievably harsh. If you zoom out on the graph, you'll see a much less linear progression as you get into the 2000s and 3000s.

KeyboardNinja
03.27.2013 , 01:13 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by BlackSpin View Post
But, who has 2000 Crit? For our purposes, you're saying there isn't much DR on Crit & Alacrity now, is that correct?
That is mostly correct. Each of the formulae which is on a DR curve is of the form "cap * (1 - (1 - (0.01 / (cap / 100))) ^ ((rating / 55) / scalar))". The larger the "scalar" value is, the less value you get from each point of rating, thus the longer it takes to reach the cap. When a rating takes a long time to reach the cap, it holds a nearly linear point-for-point growth value until very high values of "rating".

Saying exactly where the DR "kicks in" on a particular stat requires some calculus and some definitional legwork. Because I like being arbitrary, let's define the "point of diminishing returns" for a stat as being the rating at which you are receiving half the per-point value that you would receive at zero rating. (basically, the "half-life" of the stat) We can solve for this by differentiating the formula in question, then solving the derivative divided by the derivative applied at 0. More formally, we have this:

Code:
f(x) = the value of a stat in terms of x rating

Solve, 1 - f'(x) / f'(0) = 0.5
This value is presented below for each of the stats:
  • Defense = 1350
  • Shield = 1472
  • Absorb = 1227
  • Crit (from rating) = 1012
  • Crit (from main stat) = 4088
  • Surge = 247
  • Alacrity = 1406
  • Accuracy = 1349

You'll notice that Surge has a *hilariously* low half-value. In fact, that makes me fear that there may be a typo in my original post. I'll check this as soon as 2.0 goes live…

In any case, these values are basically where you start seeing the DR become particularly harsh. At any point prior to these levels, you're looking at a mostly flat return. Thus, for essentially all intents and purposes, main stat has no DR and should be stacked with reckless abandon. Surge, on the other hand, has an absolutely BRUTAL diminishing return, and we shouldn't stack it over a certain (small) value.

BlackSpin
03.27.2013 , 02:47 PM | #10
Nice work - you're smarter than I am. I found this with a quick google search, and it seems to line up with what I was trying to do & supports your numbers more or less.

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/...-2-0-swtor.png