Juyo Form Stacking

KBerling

I understand what it says about Juyo: "Enters an aggressive lightsaber form, causing your melee attacks to increase all damage dealt by 2% for 15 seconds. Stacks up to 5 times. This effect cannot occur more than once every 1.5 seconds."

My question concerns sentence 2: "Stacks up to 5 times." I don't get this.

I've seen it happen on the interface, above my name with the rest of the effects icons, that Juyo goes into build mode or cooldown mode, one or the other, but I don't really know how I got it started to do that and I don't understand the significance of "stacks up to 5 times."

I'm really struggling with the whole "1 effect effects a 2nd effect which might effect something else" thing (i.e., rage builds fury which allows berserk, which has something to do with blood if you use the right attack and lightsaber form unless it's a droid or something like that.) Any help with the learning curve here would be greatly appreciated.

I'm currently lvl 22 Marauder PvE on Balmorra (lvls 16-20), occasional heriocs and Black Talon runs for social, and while Vette and I can handle most ordinary mobs pretty easily, boss battles are still very tough for me. Even got killed once trying to deal with the guy who has a pistol and turns himself into fire, can't remember his name. At 22 playing on a 16=20lvl planet, I expected to be a little more dominant. So obviously I need some help.

Thanks.

I think you may find more advanced advise browsing and posting this in the Marauder forums.

I'm a carnage marauder through and through, but I'll try and wing it here to explain some basics. You get a 2% bonus each time you use a melee ability every 1.5 second (every GCD) up to 5 stacks. That means that you can get a maximum of +10% damage with a full stack. So every time you use a lightsaber attack (force scream or choke won't count here) you get another juyo stack, up to five. So three stacks gives you +6% etc and so on. The damage increase should apply to all abilities.

I believe the other main point to remember is to keep your enemies dotted (bleeds) at all times if possible. You should be gaining a bit of health back for every critical tick on your bleeds taking the hungering talent in the second tier. So more bleeds, more chances to crit equals more health back. Also your 30 stack of fury will let you berserk. When using berserk in juyo form, you get 100 crit chance on bleeds and gives a little more heath back per crit tick. So use that often as well.

Edited by Ridickilis

I think you may find more advanced advise browsing and posting this in the Marauder forums.

I'm a carnage marauder through and through, but I'll try and wing it here to explain some basics. You get a 2% bonus each time you use a melee ability every 1.5 second (every GCD) up to 5 stacks. That means that you can get a maximum of +10% damage with a full stack. So every time you use a lightsaber attack (force scream or choke won't count here) you get another juyo stack, up to five. So three stacks gives you +6% etc and so on. The damage increase should apply to all abilities.

I believe the other main point to remember is to keep your enemies dotted (bleeds) at all times if possible. You should be gaining a bit of health back for every critical tick on your bleeds taking the hungering talent in the second tier. So more bleeds, more chances to crit equals more health back. Also your 30 stack of fury will let you berserk. When using berserk in juyo form, you get 100 crit chance on bleeds and gives a little more heath back per crit tick. So use that often as well.

That's beautiful. Thanks.

I understand much better now and I'm heading right over to the Marauder Forum to do a bit of browsing. :)

You're most welcome.

Here is the thread I was thinking of, and couldn't find, when I posted last. It's an Annihilation and Carnage basics. It will discuss some abilities that you don't even have yet but it should give you some good ideas about how to approach different fights and getting the most out of your tree and your abilities. Obviously, skip the parts about the Carnage build.

Edited by Ridickilis

You're most welcome.

Here is the thread I was thinking of, and couldn't find, when I posted last. It's an Annihilation and Carnage basics. It will discuss some abilities that you don't even have yet but it should give you some good ideas about how to approach different fights and getting the most out of your tree and your abilities. Obviously, skip the parts about the Carnage build.

Thanks, that's just what I was looking for.

I'm total MMO noob and only 2 weeks into this game. Week 1 was figuring out the MMO stuff. I mean, for a few days I was wondering "what the heck does LFG mean"? Now that I have those basics down, I'm trying to learn to fight.

This game requires you to be able to execute many more keybound commands than anything I've played before. There are 6 quickbars for crying out loud!

So I was trying to figure out what I had to be able to do at the end of the game so that I could start learning to do that now without forming all kinds of bad habits or underestimated impressions. I see from reading the link you provided that the learning curve is even steeper than I thought. Looking forward to it.

Thanks again for all your help. This entire forum is really considerate and helpful to newcomers. That speaks well not just for this community of players, but also for the game itself.