Phantom and Spymaster gear changes

Karaiblis

I am so upset. Finally, FINALLY, Bioware gave us decent cat suits, one white and one black. I didn't care I had to pay real money for it, a lot of it since they came in packs, to get it, IT WAS WORTH IT!

Then after I pay my real money they add huge hideous shoulder pads, Ugly breast smooshing plating, heinous butt flaps, no more cat suits. I want my money back, I feel like I've been robbed with a bait and switch here. Why would BW do this with things people are spending real money for?

Why cant they fire their armor graphic designers and hire some real talent, this game has the unsexiest armor in any MMO I've ever played, and now they changed the two few exceptions to be just as bad after people paid real money for them.

I am so disappoint, I don't feel like playing or buying anything at all from the cartel this new release, even tho I usually spend 100$ or more per. Why would they cheat us this way?

Edited by Karaiblis

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. Two of my characters' outfits were based around the Phantom and Spymaster chestpieces and now they both look ridiculous. I spent cash money on these things. I used the preview item pane to test the looks and after finally tracking down two of the few cool looking suits in the game, suits without hideous shoulderpads, hoods or glowing baubles, Bioware "fixes" them by making them ugly. Either give me back my money or revert the suits to the original design and issue a new shoulder-pad fugly version, if you absolutely have to have more crap armor in your game. I've spent a ****-load of money on the cartel coins up until this point and I was all ready to go buy more of the new packs today, but guess, what? Not any more. With no guarantee Bioware won't just up and redesign the look of something I bought BECAUSE IT LOOKED THAT WAY, why would I waste money (or credits for that matter) on their in-game items?

This is a simple request. Please change the phantom chest guard back to what it was PRIOR to Jan 8, 2013. The revision looks terrible. This was a huge mistake. if it was "wrong" before, then return it to being "wrong". It looked fantastic before. It was lithe and stealthy, minimalistic and sleek. Now it looked ridiculous.

You Chose Poorly with the decision to change it (fix it, whatever).

return it to what it once was. undo the change. LISTEN TO YOUR CUSTOMER BASE AND DO THE RIGHT THING. Guaranteed there is NOT ONE PERSON who likes the change. Remove the shoulders/hood thing and put it back to how it was. Please!

UPDATED Thanks Devs! This and Spymaster are being reverted. http://www.swtor.com/community/devtracker.php

yay!

to all you people who chose to take this thread and make it personal by being self-righteous and insulting... :D - neener neener neener

Edited by Ryvenn

I am so upset. Finally, FINALLY, Bioware gave us decent cat suites, one white and one black. I didn't care I had to pay real money for it, a lot of it since they came in packs, to get it, IT WAS WORTH IT!

Then after I pay my real money they add huge hideous shoulder pads, Ugly breast smooshing plating, heinous butt flaps, no more cat suites. I want my money back, I feel like I've been robbed with a bait and switch here. Why would BW do this with things people are spending real money for?

Why cant they fire their armor graphic designers and hire some real talent, this game has the unsexiest armor in any MMO I've ever played, and now they changed the two few exceptions to be just as bad after people paid real money for them.

I am so disappoint, I don't feel like playing or buying anything at all from the cartel this new release, even tho I usually spend 100$ or more per. Why would they cheat us this way?

They didn't "change" it. They fixed it. The original appearance did not look like advertised on the pack, so people were complaining about that. Now they fixed it so that it would match the ad on the pack.

Yea, I am really quite unhappy about the changes. I was so glad to have the white armor for my agent, and to finally have an agent armor that didn't have that stupid skirt thing on the body that all the agent themed armor has, and they go and change it on me. I feel so gypped and screwed over. I didn't buy this set off of the GTN, I got every piece of it from buying cartel packs with real money. Really not cool what they did.

As for changing it to what it looked like on the pack, I could barely even SEE what it looked like on the pack. Using the preview function it was clear what it looked like, no one would be forced to buy it if they didn't like how it looked. They should have just changed the pack icon to match the old look and then added another set that looks like the new appearance instead of screwing over those who bought it based on what it looked like in preview. I can bet there are probably way more people who bought it based on its preview and actual appearance than people who didn't bother looking at the preview and bought it blindly based on icon appearance.

Edited by AmyBA

This is a simple request. Please change the phantom chest guard back to what it was PRIOR to Jan 8, 2013. The revision looks terrible. This was a huge mistake. if it was "wrong" before, then return it to being "wrong". It looked fantastic before. It was lithe and stealthy, minimalistic and sleek. Now it looked ridiculous.

return it to what it once was. undo the change. LISTEN TO YOUR CUSTOMER BASE AND DO THE RIGHT THING. Guaranteed there is NOT ONE PERSON who likes the change. Remove the shoulders/hood thing and put it back to how it was. Please!

Stop saying customer base. You're speaking for yourself and a select few in the forum.

I disagree with your post.

LISTEN TO YOUR CUSTOMER BASE AND DO THE RIGHT THING. Guaranteed there is NOT ONE PERSON

WHY do you THINK they changed it? it's exactly because they DID listen to the customer base. And customer base was complaining that items did not look like they do on the cartel pack ads, so BioWare has listened and fixed it now. It is now looking as advertised. So original complains > current complaints.

Gotta agree on the Phantom changes but in what world does the Spymaster Chest look worse than before? Like seriously.

EDIT:

They didnt fix anything, the icon for the gear looked exactly like what the gear looked like on the character, NOW it doesnt match what is advertised. Go look at it in game, they havent changed it yet.

Are you blind or something? They have FIXED it. All the gear now looks exactly like it was advertised the whole time.

Edited by jupezz

I hated the old Phantom armor. Your statement is invalid, please stop assuming your desires speak for everyone.

I bought my peices, both outlaw and phantom guard from the gtn based on the look from the charatecr preview. I no longer own what i paid for. If bioiware screwd up they should have introduced the new versions as new sets and left the existing stuff alone.

It would have been very simple for Bioware to just release a new set of armor with the revised look. Instead, they took this route. I love it!

And then people would have to pay twice to get the look they wanted. Point is, BioWare can do anything and everything and people will still complain about it. These forums proved this countless times.

WHY do you THINK they changed it? it's exactly because they DID listen to the customer base. And customer base was complaining that items did not look like they do on the cartel pack ads, so BioWare has listened and fixed it now. It is now looking as advertised. So original complains > current complaints.

Does not matter if it looks like the add now.

It looks like **** compared to the super sleek, stealthy "phantom" look it had before. It was a mistake to change it.

If they just had to make something that looked like the advert, they should have added an item and changed the name to "Dark Jedi Chest Piece" with the graphical change.

Edited by TheSkate

It no longer matches the icon or what was previwed. thats not fixing to match, it no longer matches. And a breast smooshing iron plate hiding the chest and a butt flap hiding the waist and butt is what makes the new spymaster set changes worse, it was a white catsuite, now its just the same as all the other ugly gear in game, which is fine, but I payed real money for a premium set of attractive armor, and now its not. I just want my money back.

Changing the pieces was a mistake; the people who wanted the model shown on the pack picture wasn't wrong in wanting that one, but Bioware was wrong in "fixing" it the way they did. Anyone who had a bound version of the old phantom pieces should've been mailed a BoP version of the new one(s). Or, another way I like much less, would be to add a vendor that let you trade the pieces for the new ones, similar to what they have with them green Razer crystals.

What does the freaking icon has to do with it? The gear looks like it was supposed to look since all the sets were released - do you seriously think it's advertised by the look of the icon? It's advertised by how it looks on the picture of the respective packs. Period.

It's advertised by the preview that shows people exactly what it will look like on your character, dont be an idiot. You put things on in a dressing room and buy them based on what it looks like on you, that's the way clothes shopping works, ask your mom to take you next time she buys your clothes and you might get a clue.

I bought my peices, both outlaw and phantom guard from the gtn based on the look from the charatecr preview. I no longer own what i paid for. If bioiware screwd up they should have introduced the new versions as new sets and left the existing stuff alone.

This. The Phantom chestpiece was a very high seller on the GTN based on the looks it actually had in the preview window, NOT based on the very vague appearance it has on the advertisement.

I expect its value to drop to less than 30k in a matter of hours now, simply because it does NOT look good anymore.

The Revan and the Preceptor outfits both had some updates as well, but much less prominent and much less drastic.

My Smuggler will probably switch the Revan Robes for the Preceptor ones in a few levels, but if the Preceptor Robes hadn't been available, the Revan ones would've been acceptable still.

However, the Phantom Chestpiece? Really, DITCH THAT STOLA! It really changed the looks of the piece entirely and made it completely useless in every way. For those who really wanted that ugly thing around their chest, the "new look" should've been released as something like "Greater Phantom Chestpiece" or whatever. The overhaul is simply too great and uncalled for.

It's advertised by the preview that shows people exactly what it will look like on your character, dont be an idiot. You put things on in a dressing room and buy them based on what it looks like on you, that's the way clothes shopping works, ask your mom to take you next time she buys your clothes and you might get a clue.

Wow, taking reallife fashion into a conversation about armor sets in an online game. I can't really decide, so help me out for a sec - are you completely delusional or is this just you being an average moron?

When Bioware released the sets people were ************ all over the forum that the gear doesn't look like it does in the cartel pack pictures. Now they changed it to how it was supposed to look (which is what most wanted) and people are nitpicking again.

BW screwed up when they released the items with different looks in the first place but they stated that this would eventually be fixed. So no, I'm not an idiot - I can just think for myself and know what to expect and what not to.

Especially the phantom changes suck, yes, BUT they were to be expected. Again -> Period.