Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Oceanic Server Consolidation Soon

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Oceanic Server Consolidation Soon

DropbearSW
09.16.2012 , 10:58 PM | #1
Bioware..

I realise you must be hoping that F2P increases the server pop on the Oceanic Servers to make them viable, but why should we paying subscribers be forced to use these vastly underpopulated ghost-tows why we wait for freeloaders?

Allow us to transfer off of these oceanic servers ASAP, or I for one will be unsubscribing.

DropbearSW
09.16.2012 , 10:59 PM | #2
And further to the point, it would be nice to get an official response to this instead of the usual trolls from the community, or the deafening silence form Bioware/EA

elitenz
09.16.2012 , 11:15 PM | #3
I have tried my self to transfer over and over they don't care about Oceanic at all it's all USA USA USA Dalborra is a bag of crap I would rather have a higher ping than continue with Dalborra it's putting players 10 steps back they should just close down all 3 Oceanic servers and merge us all on a super server also get rid of RP servers just have 2 types of super servers PvP and PvE.

scullzomben
09.17.2012 , 01:10 AM | #4
I feel your pain. However, this will just be another ignored thread. In their eyes, the APAC servers are fine, and will be good after F2P. This is just not the case though.

aVmuse
09.17.2012 , 02:37 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by elitenz View Post
I have tried my self to transfer over and over they don't care about Oceanic at all it's all USA USA USA Dalborra is a bag of crap I would rather have a higher ping than continue with Dalborra it's putting players 10 steps back they should just close down all 3 Oceanic servers and merge us all on a super server also get rid of RP servers just have 2 types of super servers PvP and PvE.
You are no loss to the dalborra server, but I'm glad you like to put yourself in a disadvantage with higher ping.
Do we need a super server for the oceanic's? Probably, but it's only so the pvpers think they'll get more ranked matches. Because in Dalborra there is plenty of people to do ops with.

ChuangTzu
09.17.2012 , 03:32 AM | #6
I have no trouble at all with getting groups on Dalborra so good luck with the higher ping. But I do have to say that with some of the times that I play the US west servers could be better but I would not trade for a higher ping.
"Words are for conveying ideas, but when the ideas are understood, you forget the words. How I would love to talk to someone who's forgotten all the words!" Chuang Tzu

Knockerz
09.17.2012 , 03:49 AM | #7
Should have played it smart and not transferred to the oceanic servers in the first place.
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Less armour = moves faster = more dodging = less getting hit.
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Oh.. there is plenty of complaining in this thread. As well as demands, expressions of entitlement, and wild dreams.
Lovely Andryah the Forum Princess

Darth_Haderach
09.17.2012 , 04:39 PM | #8
As far as I recall there was an immense amount of pressure from the Oceanic community to make BioWare open local servers there. It's very unfortunate that players there now ask to be able to transfer back to US servers.

DropbearSW
09.17.2012 , 04:43 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Haderach View Post
As far as I recall there was an immense amount of pressure from the Oceanic community to make BioWare open local servers there. It's very unfortunate that players there now ask to be able to transfer back to US servers.
I agree, it's unfortunate, but having a ghosttown for a server impacts the enjoyment of game play in many serious ways .. The GTN economy is dead, the warzones take a long time to pop, it's almost impossible to find someone to play along with for HM OPS during the day.. (some of us are shift workers and don't get to play in prime time).

Merging the three oceanic servers would go some way to alleviating this issue.

Selvec
09.17.2012 , 05:14 PM | #10
...That's a highly ignorant view. There are plenty of Rpers enough to populate a server between all three regions. Thats very much the viewpoint of someone who doesn't care about Rping at all.