Jimsam

As on http://www.swtor.com/free :

For Current and Previous Players

1000 Cartel Coins**

Purchasers of the Collector's Edition YES

Heroes' Banner**

Just in case you didn't read the ** section:

**OFFER VALID FOR PURCHASERS OF STAR WARS™: THE OLD REPUBLIC™ (“SWTOR”) COLLECTORS EDITION WITH ACTIVE PAYING SUBSCRIPTION ON DATE OF FREE-TO-PLAY SERVICE LAUNCH.

Sigh....So if you want those bonus coins and the heroes banner, make sure you're not planning on being a Free player when it launches.

More money grabbing anyone?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1000 Cartel Coins**

Heroes' Banner**

**OFFER VALID FOR PURCHASERS OF STAR WARS™: THE OLD REPUBLIC™ (“SWTOR”) COLLECTORS EDITION WITH ACTIVE PAYING SUBSCRIPTION ON DATE OF FREE-TO-PLAY SERVICE LAUNCH.

Sigh....So if you want those bonus coins and the heroes banner, make sure you're not planning on being a Free player when it launches.

If your subbing now you have no reason to go FTP.. Your going to be limited you will switch back in a week.

explain to me why a bare bones game edition holder should get the same treatment as someone that paid 3x what you did geting an edition with bells and whistles

That's not what I'm talking about at all.

I'm asking what people who bought the regular edition get for their money under the f2p system.

1000 Cartel Coins**

Heroes' Banner**

That doesn't mean you have to STAY subbed. Get your coins for your CE, then the day after you receive them, downgrade to f2p if you want.

Everyone that spent their $60 buying the STANDARD EDITION of the DCUO got their account promoted to Premium Status which was medium tier account SOURCE HERE

Swtor is compensating us for the money we spent on subscriptions but it would be nice if we at least got some Cartel Coins for having purchased the Standard or Digital Deluxe Edition, around 300 or 400 coins would be awesome!

Edited by ChazDoit

That's not what I'm talking about at all.

I'm asking what people who bought the regular edition get for their money under the f2p system.

You get 150 Cartel Coins for every month you paid for before July 31st 2012. As mentioned on the FAQ page. So if you bought and played since launch you will get 150x8=1200 Coins. CE buyers get 1000 more, so 2200.

Edited by Rhaphael

Everyone that spent their $60 buying the STANDARD EDITION of the DCUO got their account promoted to Premium Status which was medium tier account SOURCE HERE

Swtor is compensating us for the money we spent on subscriptions but it would be nice if we at least got some Cartel Coins for having purchased the Standard or Digital Deluxe Edition, around 300 or 400 coins would be awesome!

Fudge that, anything less than allowing access to everything that they normally had access to prior to the f2p conversion going live is screwing them.

Edited by leathfuil

BW has already said, it's not f2p/premium/VIP. Premium the top tier - the sub teir. They are still calling the f2p that purchase some content f2p.

1000 Cartel Coins**

Heroes' Banner**

Reading comprehension failure ftw. All it says is that you have to be subbed when f2p launches, as you can't convert to f2p from a subscription before that what it means is "as long as have an active account when f2p launches" which is perfectly reasonable. The second after it launches you can choose to be a f2p player and cancel your sub. Its a reward for keeping your sub until f2p arrives.

Also, capitals are not fine print.

Edited by Arlbo_Nabbins

• 4 weeks later...
The reward for standard owners is the 150 per month for months up to July. Just as both CE and Standard users got access to the game, we both get those 150 per month. Then on top of that CE gets the extra 1000. Its simply fair. I am glad I get a bit more for my initial investment and faith in the game. I have not lapsed in my subscription so I will get a nice chuck of cartel coins. And this is all speculative too. When it launches for all we know it could cost $5 for 5000 cartel coins, in which case all the pissing and moaning will be for naught.

Read it again OP, it clearly states when f2p goes active so it just means an active account on the date the change hits.

Exactly.

So, OP, if you unsub now.... and are not subbed when it goes freemium, you forfeit the coinage.

This is not rocket science.

Now we can step aside and let all the conspiracy promoters to start in about how this is a marketing ploy to keep people subscribed. But lt me pre-answer that anyway.....DER.... ALL marketing ploys for MMOs are to keep people subbed.

Edited by Andryah

explain to me why a bare bones game edition holder should get the same treatment as someone that paid 3x what you did geting an edition with bells and whistles

Because you already received your bells and whistles?

First of all, we(the people who got suckered in to paying extra) got our bells and whistles that came with that package, the statue and the ingame items and so forth, just because we have the collectors edition doesn't mean we should get more shiney things then the normal players, now if they started giving away the malgus statues and such then you can complain and your arguement would hold some ground but as it stands we already "got" what we paid for.

First of all, we(the people who got suckered in to paying extra) got our bells and whistles that came with that package, the statue and the ingame items and so forth, just because we have the collectors edition doesn't mean we should get more shiney things then the normal players, now if they started giving away the malgus statues and such then you can complain and your arguement would hold some ground but as it stands we already "got" what we paid for.

Personally, I think the 1000 coins is pennance for never updating the CE vendor. Something they said they would do, but have yet to actually do. Although, technically, since the armor is now adaptive, they did a stealth update. :p

And, I'll take it and shop for moddable orange gear in the coin shop, thank you very much. :)

Edited by Andryah

Personally, I think the 1000 coins is pennance for never updating the CE vendor. Something they said they would do, but have yet to actually do. Although, technically, since the armor is now adaptive, they did a stealth update. :p

And, I'll take it and shop for moddable orange gear in the coin shop, thank you very much. :)

You pointed out an update they did, they never said when they would be updating the vendor they just said they would.

I have no issue with the extra coins we get and frankly I am pleased we get them, however we are no entitled to recieve anymore extra benfits from the collectors edition other then what was printed on said box that came with it. People seem to think because we forked over extra cash at the start that we are special and should be given even more then what we got. we are no better then the person who bought the standard copy hell soon enough were gonna be no better then the people who didn't pay a dime for the game itself.