Why Bioware doesn't talk to us?

Glower

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only official messages. Nothing more! :(

Blizzard talks, Funcom talks, Trion Worlds talks, but Bioware.... Why?.. :rak_02::rak_02::rak_02:

Talk? As in mods posting stuff onto their forums?

Check the SWTOR twitter. There seems to be someone manning the station and posting largely useless platitudes and canned sound bites at people.

Talk? As in mods posting stuff onto their forums?

Check the SWTOR twitter. There seems to be someone manning the station and posting largely useless platitudes and canned sound bites at people.

There are a lot of players who donot use Twitface. MMO's using it to communicate to thier player base instead of thier officail forums are lacking communication skills 101. :cool:

There are a lot of players who donot use Twitface. MMO's using it to communicate to thier player base instead of thier officail forums are lacking communication skills 101. :cool:

I think my previous post illustrated my disdain for their twitter feed.

Greetings Glower!

This post, which can be found in our Developer Tracker, was created by Senior Community Coordinator, Allison Berryman, on the topic of communication:

Everyone - we're always reading the forums and gathering your feedback on issues that are important to you. Though we can't respond immediately to every issue (and sometimes it does take some time before we have information on a topic), we're always escalating new bugs or problems and working on getting responses to the topics that are important to you.

We strongly encourage you to keep an eye on the dev tracker and to make sure that you're always reading our community blog to keep on top of our latest communications. Don't forget to ask any question you have in our weekly Q&A as well - again, though we can't always answer every question, we're always reading your feedback and working on getting more information for you.

Some ways we communicate to the community:

We hope this helps! :)

Well they said a month ago they would start talking to the community about the game.

After about 7 days it was back to normal.Why should we care , they dont take player feedback from PTS

And they are not in touch with what players want ingame what so ever. Why should we care.

With all the complaining going on y would they. Jes 2 b cursed out? It actually makes sense 2 me.

Surprisingly, best way to reduce people complaining is to talk to them and placate them. Any time there is a void in communication, it will be filled with rumors and speculations; which clearly isn't doing them any good considering what people are posting in the forums.

they do respond but so many of these threads are just plain silly or a joke if you actually have half a brain. when they get done laughing they either lock it or let it continue. some threads are actually constructive but a majority are from ex wow or swg players trying to remake their game from this one.

beside i am glad they don't. just look what wow and rift turned into once they started listening to the highly vocal minority.

Blizzard talks, Funcom talks, Trion Worlds talks, but Bioware.... Why?.. :rak_02::rak_02::rak_02:

I would add Riot to that list. If you look at the dev tracker on their forums, there are at least 10 dev posts a day and most of them aren't even announcements. The talk to the community about everything from general game discussions to suggestions or even off-topic nonsense.

And it's not just the community coordinators or CS staff. It's the game designers themselves, art designers, programmers, editors.

Most of their staff (which is huge) is known by name (or nickname) by anyone who visits the forums on a regular basis.

I sure hope that Bioware will do that in the near future. Direct communication with the playerbase it important for a whole lot of different reasons. It's not just the consumer-provider communication, it should be a communication between 2 sides who are directly involved in the game (some play, some are developing it)

I honestly wouldn't mind seeing more Bioware posts which are more than just thread closing or post deleting.

By doing that the community will warm up a lot to them and the game and will make the atmosphere here a pleasant one.

It may be an internal policy at Bio/EA, but if that's the case, then it must change. This forum is just a sterile and heavily controller environment. We're all human being for god's sake. Communication has never hurt or killed anyone.

Edited by cyberfreaq

Because it would be like talking to a wall. You don't want to hear what they say. What they say goes in one ear and out the other, or is twisted into a completely different statement.

I mean... just read the poster after me. Proof that BioWare talks to you, but it isn't good enough. In fact, he completely dismisses it. :rolleyes:

Edited by Kourage

Greetings Glower!

This post, which can be found in our Developer Tracker, was created by Senior Community Coordinator, Allison Berryman, on the topic of communication:

Some ways we communicate to the community:

We hope this helps! :)

It does not helps, at all, dude. Not one bit. We enjoy convensation from our Community Reps like Allison & Joveth, but what we WANT is forum communication from our SWTOR game developers, people like Damion Schubert, Georg Zoeller, Matt Bourdreaux, Gabe, Emmanuel, y'know, those guys?

/edit: Actually Kourage, I do want to hear what they say, it's just that I'm a bit picky about who it is that I want to hear from. It's sorta like trying to have a serious discussion with your girlfriend(BW Dev) who's refusing to talk to you so she sends her sexy girlfriend that you wanna get with(BW's CM reps) over to facilitate discussion between the 2 of you instead. Contrast how many times the mind behind SWTOR James Ohlen has gotten on these forums & actually engaged with the community instead of just posting an announcement & compare that to The Secret World's forums where the visionary behind that game Ragnar T is posting on the forums multiple times a day just engaging with the community, answering casual questions about the game, responding to feedback & the like. Of course one company is locked in an EA dungeon & the other is on a really long leash...but the difference is communication skills right from day one between BioWare & FunCom is so fundamentally different. I'm a bit sick & tired of BioWare being so impersonal & stand-off'ish. :o

Edited by Tricky-Ha

I noted a general lack of communication, as well, relative to the pre-release amount. But then I noted that the blogs and Community Q&A have pretty much subverted that entire line of communication. It's not that they aren't communicating - they are simply doing so in a different (and perhaps, disappointingly, more impersonal) manner. Edited by CelCawdro

I am fairly certain this recent thread beats this topic to death: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=492118

also,

It does not helps, at all, dude. Not one bit. We enjoy convensation from our Community Reps like Allison & Joveth, but what we WANT is forum communication from our SWTOR game developers, people like Damion Schubert, Georg Zoeller, Matt Bourdreaux, Gabe, Emmanuel, y'know, those guys?

Speak for yourself. I want the developers to do their job just like I want the community team to do their job. The Dev's job is not to sit on the forums and chat chat all day. Thankfully it isn't or we'd have that to complain about. Let the community team being the liaison between we customers and the development team as it should be.

What you really want are the decision makers explaining themselves on the forums. Developers (the vast majority of them in established, successful non-indy companies, that is) are the workers, not the decision makers.

Heh, next thing you'll want the Customer Service reps coding systems or the CEO to sweep the floo... heh okay, so the latter wouldn't be that bad, but you get the idea.

Edited by InnerPieces

A better question is; Why don't you follow their dev tracker? Their twitter? Their FB page? Their constant interviews?

Saying they don't talk to you just shows that you don't know how to listen.

Speak for yourself. I want the developers to do their job just like I want the community team to do their job. The Dev's job is not to sit on the forums and chat chat all day. Thankfully it isn't or we'd have that to complain about. Let the community team being the liaison between we customers and the development team as it should be.

Heh, next thing you'll want the Customer Service reps coding systems or the CEO to sweep the flo... heh okay, so the latter wouldn't be that bad, but you get the idea.

Hey, I'm wit you, I also want the coding Dev's to do their jobs & code the game, but...our forum Community Reps have outlined what their job is plenty of times in order to save time so that the coding Devs don't have to spend hours away from their real jobs to read allover these forums to find topics & comments to quickly respond to. The CM's have told us time & time again they are here to pass on issues to the main Dev team & this means sending them links & such to discussions concerning the particular parts of the game they work on...all that busy work is facillitated so that Damion, Emmanuel, Gabe or Georg can spend a few minutes during their lunch break or at home after their workday is over to engage with the forum community here, on the forums. The opportunity is there, unused.

Edited by Tricky-Ha

A better question is; Why don't you follow their dev tracker? Their twitter? Their FB page? Their constant interviews?

Saying they don't talk to you just shows that you don't know how to listen.

exactly this is one of the more active group of developers I have ever seen it's just they don't use the normal ways to talking to their customers.

I have never even heard of a single other MMO doing a Guild Summit before.

If you want to talk to them use twitter it's the best way to do it and it works really well.

Why don't you follow their dev tracker? Their twitter? Their FB page?

Because we don't want to use third party stuff to "communicate". The forums exist for a reason. I and many others want to use the forums because they are more organized and more confortable than FB/TW.

Furthermore I don't and will never jump on the FB and TW bandwagon because I see no point to it. But that is beside the point.

Why not just have the forums removed if they are irrelevant? And the dev tracker are announcements and thread closing replies. That is not communication.

Edited by cyberfreaq

Because we don't want to use third party stuff to "communicate". The forums exist for a reason. I and many others want to use the forums because they are more organized and more confortable than FB/TW.

Furthermore I don't and will never jump on the FB and TW bandwagon because I see no point to it. But that is beside the point.

Why not just have the forums removed if they are irrelevant? And the dev tracker are announcements and thread closing replies. That is not communication.

not so sure I would call Facebook or even Twitter a bandwagon. When your website plays significant rolls in overthrowing several governments it's a bit more then a bandwagon.